talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [26. Spieltag] - 16-18th May, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Werder could have scored at one end but Bayer go down the other end on the break and Diaby sets up a lovely cross for Wieser to head in from close range.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

What a beautiful goal.

Cheeky pass from Bellarabi. So much composure in the finish too. Keeper was floored way too early!

4-1.

Leverkusen are a strong side, but Werder really need to be putting in a better performance than this. A couple more performances like this from Werder and the drop will seem inevitable.

Werder players are like statues, no effort at all. My lovehandles cover more distance than their forwards. If a fullback crosses in a ball, typically one would want to run onto the trajectory not stand five metres away.

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was hoping 10 weeks off would mean we resumed with a squad not gutted by injuries and with some passion and fight.

This is the most available our team has been yet the most disappointing. We are bowing out

I honestly expected better from Werder performance wise, given the fact that they had such a long break to regroup. Leverkusen are a tough side, but Werder's performance was abysmal for large parts of today's game. I know Werder's young manager Kohfeldt is popular with some Bremen fans, but I personally think that it might be time for a change.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think it's too late for a change. We're dead either way. 

We've been dead since 2009, this was definitely coming. At this point, I wouldn't even mind getting relegated as this is just too embarrassing - but I do worry that it will inevitably bring the end of us. I can honestly see us struggling and spiraling down all the way to the lower leagues in the future, with no hope of 'revival'.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

We've been dead since 2009, this was definitely coming. At this point, I wouldn't even mind getting relegated as this is just too embarrassing - but I do worry that it will inevitably bring the end of us. I can honestly see us struggling and spiraling down all the way to the lower leagues in the future, with no hope of 'revival'.

I see this future also. 

Things I would do if I had a time machine. 1. Go back and put money on the foxes to win the league and set myself up for life. 2. Go back to the mid year camp in 2011/12 when we were 4th in the league at the half way mark and show those boys that they'd finish 9th and ruin the club.

I can count on 1 hand the times I've been proud to be a Bremen fan this decade. Our cup win in 2010 and 3rd place finish. Exactly half the 2011/12 campaign, our late effort in 2016/17 where we NEARLY made europe again, and our late effort last year where we 'nearly' made europe again and were only kicked from the cup by literal corruption and cheating.

The DBF "yeah that's not a penalty, sorry about that" Cheers cocklickers. 

Don't give up the fight!

I have always had respect fro your guys in Green and what they and Diego did to Mesut's game could never be repeated.  Tommy's side will escape the bottom two. but I am watching Mainz closely and perhaps they and Werder can swap places.  Bremen without the Eggesteins and Rashica will not be the same - there are defence problems, but my lot are even worse at the moment so - as I say - all is not yet lost.  Carpe Diem or something like that - DDWillie would probable use Carpe Testicles!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived