talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [26. Spieltag] - 16-18th May, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I get that and it's a lot around atmosphere, even more so in the big leagues where fans can almost make a game.

I think for me it's good to have major football back, under the conditions that the safety precautions have been met (more the testing in the lead up to games etc). Some of the rulings in the game almost seem a farce, as we've spoken about earlier. 

I don't think this will be regular in terms of years. There will come a time where fans will be back inside stadiums in their droves but for now, it's a case of bearing with football in this limited way before it goes back to 'normal'.

It's better than nothing at this point, as a result of extraordinary circumstances; especially since not playing would threaten the existence of quite a few clubs that rely heavily on TV money.

I hope it doesn't become a new normal, as that would be the end of football for me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andre Silva pulls a goal back for Frankfurt with a neat run and finish after being put through by Rode. But it's no doubt too little too late with only 8 minutes left of normal time to play.

Frankfurt 1-3 Gladbach

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

Hinteregger was a beast there...Hoffman though, what a div. 

He had like 10 options and chose the only single wrong one. 

Anyway, what can I say about Düsseldorf - Paderborn? Not a great match, but we hit the woodwork four times, so it was very unlucky. Still very bizarre this whole thing. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He had like 10 options and chose the only single wrong one. 

Anyway, what can I say about Düsseldorf - Paderborn? Not a great match, but we hit the woodwork four times, so it was very unlucky. Still very bizarre this whole thing. 

Did you go to it mate?

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What's the verdict then on the behind closed doors thing? Does it make it shite?

We've all seen games played behind closed doors, haven't we? And we all know it's a bit weird but ultimately fine, and definitely better than no football. Although you get the odd postponement in winter, it's a relatively well-established precedent that can games go ahead without fans when it's not safe to have them in attendance.

I'm quite surprised by all the noise that it's not worth doing with no fans and (not accusing you of anything) I'm not convinced it's entirely free of agenda

I do think the commentators could do more to replicate the mood changes you'd get with a crowd. There was a jarring moment in the Dortmund game when an attacker charged down a clearance and was greeted with silence. It's not actually a particularly significant event so obviously commentators don't normally react, but stuff like that always gets a big roar from the crowd.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

We've all seen games played behind closed doors, haven't we? And we all know it's a bit weird but ultimately fine, and definitely better than no football. Although you get the odd postponement in winter, it's a relatively well-established precedent that can games go ahead without fans when it's not safe to have them in attendance.

I'm quite surprised by all the noise that it's not worth doing with no fans and (not accusing you of anything) I'm not convinced it's entirely free of agenda

I do think the commentators could do more to replicate the mood changes you'd get with a crowd. There was a jarring moment in the Dortmund game when an attacker charged down a clearance and was greeted with silence. It's not actually a particularly significant event so obviously commentators don't normally react, but stuff like that always gets a big roar from the crowd.

I don't think I've ever watched a match behind closed doors. Possibly an England qualifier but not that I can remember. I can promise you without having any sort of "we should cancel the season instead of playing behind closed doors and null and void the season" agenda (but yeah some people probably do) I think I'll really have to force myself to an extent to watch our games for the rest of the season and can't see myself watching the other live games that are on like I usually would.

Oh well, at least I can dread the Merseyside derby for a different reason now. Every cloud...

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think I've ever watched a match behind closed doors. Possibly an England qualifier but not that I can remember. I can promise you without having any sort of "we should cancel the season instead of playing behind closed doors and null and void the season" agenda (but yeah some people probably do) I think I'll really have to force myself to an extent to watch our games for the rest of the season and can't see myself watching the other live games that are on like I usually would.

Oh well, at least I can dread the Merseyside derby for a different reason now. Every cloud...

How is this different from normal? :ph34r:

It is very weird to watch it without a crowd. Kinda throws you back to playing football in school during physical education. Same noises, same atmosphere. But it was kind of nice to see football back in action. Still very weird. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

It is very weird to watch it without a crowd. Kinda throws you back to playing football in school during physical education. Same noises, same atmosphere. But it was kind of nice to see football back in action. Still very weird. 

I think personally I'm a bit more used to it so it doesn't affect me as much. I watch a lot of Leicester academy and u23 games and sometimes they play at the King Power, and it's empty, so I'm used to the lack of noise, the echoes of the staff and players shouting, the louder thud of the ball. 

Doesn't really make much difference on a personal note but I can get why it's a very different experience for everyone anyway. 

1-0 Koln. Looked a stonewall pen, but that fella looked like he might've been offside

Don't like that we can't see the VAR replays at home. Really emphasises the disjointedness of the whole system.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why are the subs wearing masks and social distancing? Isn’t it safe to play football?

You don't come close to people for an extended period of time that often in a game of football. Compare that to a dugout where everyone's sitting right next to each other for 90 minutes

50 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

1-0 Koln. Looked a stonewall pen, but that fella looked like he might've been offside

Don't like that we can't see the VAR replays at home. Really emphasises the disjointedness of the whole system.

You don't come close to people for an extended period of time that often in a game of football. Compare that to a dugout where everyone's sitting right next to each other for 90 minutes

Is that doctors advice because that sounds like bullshit 

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is that doctors advice because that sounds like bullshit 

Which bit? It's common sense. Watch a game of football and see how often players come in close contact with each other, and for how long. Obviously there's a big congregation at corners, but they last a matter of seconds.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Which bit? It's common sense. Watch a game of football and see how often players come in close contact with each other, and for how long. Obviously there's a big congregation at corners, but they last a matter of seconds.

Players literally have to jostle and tackle each other, hands and arms constantly brush onto each other. They make enough contact with each other throughout a game that if the players on the side of the pitch need to be social distancing then the ones playing do too. I've no idea what the situation is like in Germany but if it's serious enough for players on the bench to be socially distanced then that makes a mockery of what's happening on the pitch

• The topic was unpinned

Archived