• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't get what's taking the FA here so long to do/say something.

There's been suspensions in Spain, Italy, USA. 

It just makes logical sense to suspend football here now for a couple of weeks. Man City vs Arsenal was postponed as a precaution so I don't get why this weekend's games, as a minimum can be postponed. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It just makes logical sense to suspend football here now for a couple of weeks. Man City vs Arsenal was postponed as a precaution so I don't get why this weekend's games, as a minimum can be postponed. 

Ligue 1 is going to continue, but only in empty stadiums until April

• Administrator

Another 3 Premier League players apparently showing symptoms and clubs have taken precautions according to The Sun (shh, I know).

Wonder if it could be Villa players given we played them Monday evening...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just end the league. League positions of clubs stay where they are at. 

Or at least postpone it til summer and hopefully in a few month's time assessments can be made about the situation and hopefully everyone's a bit more calmer/things are under a bit more control.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or at least postpone it til summer and hopefully in a few month's time assessments can be made about the situation and hopefully everyone's a bit more calmer/things are under a bit more control.

Nah, end it. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Especially when England are due to play Italy on a matter of days, too. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I think I'd do this. When things warm up, we're less likely to see it spreading as much. Worry about fixing the scheduling of everything later and just postpone the season til things warm up a bit. If they're moving the Euro to next year, that is definitely doable.

If the season is to be stopped, I will repeat: take a check out of Chile's notebook. Give the title to Liverpool and make the teams in a continental qualification spot automatically qualify.

Relegation and promotion is the tough bit, but in Chile the teams in the 2nd tier were promoted and there was an expanded top tier in 2020 as there were no relegations. Don't think that's really an option with a league as corporate as the Premier League nor with those playing in Champions League or Europa.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Surely they can only follow what the government is doing? If the government isn't banning large gatherings and closing schools etc then why would football games get postponed?

For what it's worth I do think that all sorts of large gatherings should be stopped

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Surely they can only follow what the government is doing? If the government isn't banning large gatherings and closing schools etc then why would football games get postponed?

For what it's worth I do think that all sorts of large gatherings should be stopped

Yeah true. Boris' announcement was expected but not desired. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

What would happen with players being out of contract if they're still playing the season into July or whatever?

Archived