The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

All club staff, coaching staff and academy players at Barnet FC have been put on notice. Meaning if the situation doesn't change they're all out of a job when their notice period ends.

That's awful!

28 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

All club staff, coaching staff and academy players at Barnet FC have been put on notice. Meaning if the situation doesn't change they're all out of a job when their notice period ends.

I think anyone that ends up losing their jobs over this should have them restored after things have returned to normal whenever that may be... The same rules should apply as you would for Expectant Mothers where they can take a lengthy period of time out of the business but still be entitled to return to work in their old job once that's over if of course they choose to do so... 

• Administrator

Wow April 15th is very ambitious. 

Why is the planned international break still being factored xD? Some countries may not be ready to host. Sack them off as well.

Not expecting a ball to be kicked until at least late June, probably later. This may honestly be the best chance at a proper reassessment and reorganisation of football competitions and the calendar we get in a generation. What with all of the legalities and money flying about sadly it'll just end up a bodge through until we can restore normality...

• Administrator

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/march/covid-19-update-staff-payments/

Chairman Steve Parish has issued the following update.

Following my message two days ago, I wanted to provide further clarity on two areas relating to our staff.  

Firstly, in order to ensure the impact of this health crisis is minimised, we will not be placing any of our colleagues on statutory sick pay for health issues relating to COVID-19 during this crisis. 

We are also aware of the impact on matchday casual staff where games are cancelled or played behind closed doors. Whilst we are not anticipating this to be the case, we will ensure that matchday staff who would have been employed by the club for these fixtures are not disadvantaged financially. 

Once again I wish everybody the very best as we all adapt to the situation. 

Steve Parish.

@The Palace Fan

This is a great step in the right direction for those of us poised in great positions and desperate for the season to continue.

It's only right. Football should be decided on the pitch, not off it. It takes as long as it takes.

Archived