talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

BUT  ..less traffic jams B|  ..the figures more like 0.6% so alot less than 72million, you made some good points though  ..i believe they already have the vaccine before they released it from wuhan's chemical warfare lab

I've been trying to download the vaccine ingredients on my phone but I've only got 4G reception.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

BUT  ..less traffic jams B|  ..the figures more like 0.6% so alot less than 72million, you made some good points though  ..i believe they already have the vaccine before they released it from wuhan's chemical warfare lab

The figure is well over 1% mate this shite is pretty serious 

• Subscriber

Common sense prevails but the twerking in the media is some of the most painfully cringeworthy shit I've read in a long time. Have a day off you bores.

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Liverpool have reversed their decision to furlough. Ridiculous they did it in the first place. 

It's mad that they don't learn from mistakes. How many times have they backed down from something now when the reaction from supporters has been a negative one?

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

It's mad that they don't learn from mistakes. How many times have they backed down from something now when the reaction from supporters has been a negative one?

Exactly. Especially this time with the reactions to Newcastle and Spurs doing it.

• Administrator

Common sense has prevailed there so good on them for reversing the decisions. However it shouldn't have come this far and for them to wait for a negative public reaction to change their decision. Anyway, done and dusted now. Just hope other clubs who are able to can follow suit... 

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't get how they never saw this coming in the first place. Look at the reaction Tottenham (rightly) got.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Common sense has prevailed there so good on them for reversing the decisions. However it shouldn't have come this far and for them to wait for a negative public reaction to change their decision. Anyway, done and dusted now. Just hope other clubs who are able to can follow suit... 

Yeah, for what it's worth, much as I'm slaughtering others it's probably worth not having digs at the fans too much as the majority of Liverpool fans I've come across blasted the decision and haven't swallowed the PR either - and we're yet to make our stance. I think we'll do the right thing, my gut instinct says so.

That said Derby fans on the Percy article were fucking embarrassing. Derby have become a really shitty club under Morris.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah, for what it's worth, much as I'm slaughtering others it's probably worth not having digs at the fans too much as the majority of Liverpool fans I've come across blasted the decision and haven't swallowed the PR either - and we're yet to make our stance. I think we'll do the right thing, my gut instinct says so.

That said Derby fans on the Percy article were fucking embarrassing. Derby have become a really shitty club under Morris.

I don't think there's another set of fans in the country that hold their club to account as effectively as Liverpool to be honest, at least out of the bigger clubs anyway. I came across some defending the club on social media but a quick look at the profile of the user tells me they've probably never been to England, never mind Anfield. Having one or two very vocal groups helps in situations like this. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Good they’ve gone back and reversed it but I can’t help but feel the damage has been done. 

It’s like the owners are just so naive in thinking that these greed fuelled decisions they make are just going to be accepted without question.

Hoping that this one has truly give their heads a wobble and we don’t see anything like this or the ticket price hike again. 

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

This thread went bat shit crazy. 

If we can get this season finished by October, surely, we then move to a January-December season for the next couple of years, up to the WC in Qatar. 

Wayne Rooney of all people suggested this and it's the best suggestion I've seen put forwards.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wayne Rooney of all people suggested this and it's the best suggestion I've seen put forwards.

No idea how you phase back to the normal August-May season unless you have a “mini” season in 2022 to go back to normal. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

No idea how you phase back to the normal August-May season unless you have a “mini” season in 2022 to go back to normal. 

I was wondering this as well.

One option would be after the 2022 World Cup, so around Feb - May/June, you could play the Cup competitions? It may look a bit odd and you'd have teams having longer breaks if they get knocked out. Or play the international tournaments/qualifiers as well in that period to fill up some space. Would also mean players get proper breaks in the normal 22/23 season. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was wondering this as well.

One option would be after the 2022 World Cup, so around Feb - May/June, you could play the Cup competitions? It may look a bit odd and you'd have teams having longer breaks if they get knocked out. Or play the international tournaments/qualifiers as well in that period to fill up some space. Would also mean players get proper breaks in the normal 22/23 season. 

If the coronavirus doesn’t kill teams, that most likely will. 

Archived