talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Course you can. They’re in the relegation zone. It’s all ifs and buts about this game in hand. 

They have played less that the two teams that they would leap frog by winning the game. Whether or not they would win the game in hand, they still need to play it. Completely unfair otherwise. 

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

They have played less that the two teams that they would leap frog by winning the game. Whether or not they would win the game in hand, they still need to play it. Completely unfair otherwise. 

It's only Villa though. Who cares.

:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s completely unfair that Football’s greed is insisting on finishing a season and purchasing of thousands of tests that would go to better use elsewhere. 

• Subscriber

image.png.32f74f31f5a368c6d630839ecf6055ed.png

This guy is getting a complete battering on Facebook. Asking for a refund on his season ticket. Everyone else has said the club can keep the money and they would even be willing to donate so that there is actually a football club to go back to when all of this is over.

39 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

This guy is getting a complete battering on Facebook. Asking for a refund on his season ticket. Everyone else has said the club can keep the money and they would even be willing to donate so that there is actually a football club to go back to when all of this is over.

What’s his/her personal settings like? Who knows, probably. Maybe he needs the money at this time. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What’s his/her personal settings like? Who knows, probably. Maybe he needs the money at this time. 

If he needs the money, fair enough. From the way he has replied to some of the other comments, he believes he deserves a refund for the 5 matches that won't be played. I can see both sides of it but he should take it up with the club privately and not publicly moan about it otherwise he is going to get the negative comments back at him. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s completely unfair that Football’s greed is insisting on finishing a season and purchasing of thousands of tests that would go to better use elsewhere. 

So is it equally greedy for companies to be purchasing tests for their own staff to use when they have symptoms? If that’s the case then let’s shut everything down. 

As long as the tests aren’t being taken away from NHS staff and people living and working in care homes then I have no issue with it. A footballer has as much right to a test as a B&Q worker. That’s for the government to sort   out when it comes to the right people getting prioritised for testing. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

So is it equally greedy for companies to be purchasing tests for their own staff to use when they have symptom? If that’s the case then let’s shut everything down. 

Are these companies in the entertainment business? If yes, it’s greedy. If they’re not then less so. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Are these companies in the entertainment business? If yes, it’s greedy. If they’re not then less so. 

WHSmiths is one example. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’d argue that they need more tests than football would, certainly. 

Why? Their main services are books and stationary. Are these anymore vital than Football? A book is for entertainment, as are arts and craft supplies.

I don’t really wanna get into this sort of debate, as my only point coming into post was on Villa’s situation. 

13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Why? Their main services are books and stationary. Are these anymore vital than Football? A book is for entertainment, as are arts and craft supplies.

I don’t really wanna get into this sort of debate, as my only point coming into post was on Villa’s situation. 

Stationary and newspapers are more important than Football, yes. 

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Football will be the last thing you care about if you’re financially on your arse. Great if you can afford it like, but I’d rather feed my family and keep the roof over my head than fund a football club. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Football will be the last thing you care about if you’re financially on your arse. Great if you can afford it like, but I’d rather feed my family and keep the roof over my head than fund a football club. 

I agree but it's the way in which he's demanding his money back like he's been wronged by the club. He's asking for (or rather demanding) £330 which is nowhere near the value of the 5 matches remaining for 3 season tickets. I understand that people have different circumstances and this is a new experience for everyone. The club are trying to work out the best route ahead to stay afloat. They've already said they will contact season ticket holders about reductions for next season (whenever it starts). The last thing the club wants to be doing is shelling out money to people who are being petty about the 5 games that are left. If they did that for every ST holder, they'd be £200k further in debt on top of the lost revenue.

19 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I agree but it's the way in which he's demanding his money back like he's been wronged by the club. He's asking for (or rather demanding) £330 which is nowhere near the value of the 5 matches remaining for 3 season tickets. I understand that people have different circumstances and this is a new experience for everyone. The club are trying to work out the best route ahead to stay afloat. They've already said they will contact season ticket holders about reductions for next season (whenever it starts). The last thing the club wants to be doing is shelling out money to people who are being petty about the 5 games that are left. If they did that for every ST holder, they'd be £200k further in debt on top of the lost revenue.

I’m not on FB so I can’t even see the article. I think fans should be entitled to the match value back, and that’s about it. Is he asking for the full season ticket to be refunded? If so, then he’s a bellend.

34 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I'm now getting ads for mature women in my area because of viewing your post :4_joy:

Don't do it mate, the amount of doors I knocked on in our local area looking for some woman called Either 'Denise' or 'Rachel' only to be told they had never heard of them was untold... Also got chased off some properties by people with big dogs... If you are fit give it a go but if not don't bother... 

19 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that footballers and everyone else involved should be getting tests ahead of frontline workers or anything like that. Football will only be coming back behind closed doors at the same time as things like non-essential retail.  If not then, when?

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that footballers and everyone else involved should be getting tests ahead of frontline workers or anything like that. Football will only be coming back behind closed doors at the same time as things like non-essential retail.  If not then, when?

That’s the thing though, the FA/Premier League will be buying tests that, lets be honest, should be going elsewhere long before the entertainment business even thinks about getting back on its feet. 

You’ve got thousands of people returning to work now and using public transport not through choice, more necessity and these people are, likely, not tested. I’d put them well above the entertainment business and football.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s the thing though, the FA/Premier League will be buying tests that, lets be honest, should be going elsewhere long before the entertainment business even thinks about getting back on its feet. 

You’ve got thousands of people returning to work now and using public transport not through choice, more necessity and these people are, likely, not tested. I’d put them well above the entertainment business and football.

My understanding is that the test machines Premier League clubs will be using are different to that of the NHS and the cost of them means that there's no demand for them on the NHS.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

My understanding is that the test machines Premier League clubs will be using are different to that of the NHS and the cost of them means that there's no demand for them on the NHS.

What about ventilators? Can we get one reserved since we are being made to play games when our manager is on the vulnerable people list? :ph34r:

Archived