talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna lie, I'd love to hear Sergio Ramos has Coronavirus.

Obviously I don't want him to die...well, I mean if he did, would it really be a trav...no, no, no...obviously it would be awful. 

Just make him suffer a little bit.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not gonna lie, I'd love to hear Sergio Ramos has Coronavirus.

Obviously I don't want him to die...well, I mean if he did, would it really be a trav...no, no, no...obviously it would be awful. 

Just make him suffer a little bit.

Didn't expect someone like you to come out with this xD

So I’ve been looking all over for this and I’ve finally got an answer.

The Copa America in 1918 was postponed cos of Spanish Flu. As for Europe they were still in war/recovering from war, so leagues were still suspended there.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Ah. I was at that game.

Literally the only highlight was meeting Simon Grayson. 

It was an immense game. It was a brilliant advert for League One, both sides were really good. Best mate at the time was a Leeds fan, it was his birthday and he was in the home end xD didn't say a word to any of us all day.

Good times. I get what's happened since makes it pale into insignificance but that game was the cherry on the first enjoyable season in years. A turning point really.

• Subscriber

Giorgio Gori, mayor of Bergamo, acknowledged that the Champions League match between Atalanta and Valencia was one of the main paths of transmission of the coronavirus: "It was a biological bomb."

https://www.antena3.com/noticias/deportes/futbol/alcalde-de-bergamo-el-atalanta-valencia-fue-una-bomba-biologica-los-40000-aficionados-se-contagiaron-de-coronavirus_202003255e7b265b4626fc0001c04000.html

On a side note I read somewhere that factoring in AFCON and rescheduled Olympics that Liverpool could lose players like Salah for almost four months.

The football schedule could be mental from restart until possibly the summer after the World Cup. I'd be in favour of them dropping squad registration and allowing teams to utilise bigger squads.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

On a side note I read somewhere that factoring in AFCON and rescheduled Olympics that Liverpool could lose players like Salah for almost four months.

The football schedule could be mental from restart until possibly the summer after the World Cup. I'd be in favour of them dropping squad registration and allowing teams to utilise bigger squads.

I can see some competitions being largely changed or even scrapped next season or 2.

Charity Shield - Fuck it.
League Cup - fuck it.

European Super Cup - sack that off.

CL & EL - 1-legged ties in knockouts.

FA Cup/domestic cups - finish ties on the day. No replays, regardless of home or away for non-league.

Club World Cup - sack it off.

13 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Ever since Jack Lang suddenly became a Peruvian football expert the week we thrashed Chile (when he was wanking over them just the week before) I struggle to take him seriously.

He probably has only heard of Solano and Pizarro. Him saying he never expected to write that when he's gone partying before in the Peru camp just shows how little he knows.

Archived