talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Like Guardiola said the other day and not that we needed certification of that, but it exists everywhere unfortunately.  Hopefully education at school will one day eradicate this from every society because there is the answer.

• Subscriber

Hector Bellerin: Arsenal defender out for 'some weeks'

1 hour ago | Arsenal

_104837448_bel.jpg

Bellerin has been in every Arsenal starting XI in the Premier League this season

Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin will be out for "some weeks" after he came off injured in the Gunners' 3-2 defeat by Southampton on Sunday.

The 23-year-old Spain international was substituted at half-time at St Mary's with a calf injury.

Charlie Austin scored an 85th-minute winner as Southampton ended Arsenal's 22-match unbeaten run.

"Bellerin has a small injury - he is going to be some weeks off I think," said Arsenal boss Unai Emery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46586266

Unbelievable!

What's going on?

It was happening under Wenger and it's still happening now.  The only thing I can think about is the training methods because football matches are the same for every player in every team.  This has gone beyond bad luck and there has to be something more in it.

• Subscriber

Mesut Ozil has a future at Arsenal - Unai Emery

59 minutes ago | Arsenal

Manager Unai Emery says Arsenal "need" Mesut Ozil and he will be in the squad for Saturday's Premier League match against Burnley at the Emirates.

Ozil, 30, has been linked with a move after being left out for "tactical" reasons in recent weeks.

The former Germany international, who joined Arsenal from Real Madrid in 2013, failed to make the bench for the midweek League Cup loss to Tottenham.

Asked if he still had a future with the Gunners, Emery said: "yes, why not?"

Ozil has also been troubled by a back injury in recent weeks and has started only one match since 11 November - a Europa League dead rubber at home to .

Emery confirmed the club's highest paid player would be in the squad to face 18th-placed Burnley as the Gunners look to respond from defeats by Southampton - which ended a 22-match unbeaten run - and rivals Spurs, who won the League Cup quarter-final at the Emirates 2-0.

"I want every player with a good mentality to help us and give us their characteristics and quality," Emery insisted. "We need Mesut Ozil.

"Every player wants to play and be okay to help the team when we need.

"The frustration is the same for everybody when they didn't play in a match.

"But I spoke with him and with regularity in the season, telling him what we need from him and he has the commitment to help us and the quality and the characteristics to help us."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46653072

Edited by CaaC - John

• Subscriber

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Arsenal midfielder out for up to six weeks with a broken foot

1 minute ago | Arsenal

Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been ruled out for up to six weeks with a broken foot.

Mkhitaryan, 29, was replaced at half-time during the Carabao Cup quarter-final loss to Tottenham and missed the Premier League win over Burnley.

The Gunners say the Armenia international has a "fractured metatarsal in his right foot".

Mkhitaryan has scored four goals and provided three assists for the Emirates Stadium side this season.

He joins an Arsenal injury list which also includes striker Danny Welbeck and defender Rob Holding, neither of whom are expected to return until the 2019-20 campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46673142

• Subscriber

Mourinho got a one-match ban for the same thing :whistling: :coffee:

Unai Emery: Arsenal boss charged by Football Association for kicking water bottle towards fans

28 minutes ago | Premier League

Arsenal manager Unai Emery has been charged by the Football Association for kicking a bottle which hit a Brighton fan towards the end of Wednesday's 1-1 draw.

The FA said it amounts to improper conduct and Emery has until 18:00 GMT on 2 January to respond to the charge.

The Spaniard apologised for the incident, which was not included in the officials' match report.

"I said to them I'm sorry," Emery said after the game.

"It wasn't hard but it touched one supporter."

Emery went to speak to the home supporter immediately after the incident and again at full-time.

Speaking in his news conference on Thursday, Emery said he hoped the apology would be the end of the matter.

"I kicked the bottle in frustration but not at the supporters, not with this intention. It's circumstances. I apologised. I hope it's the end of the matter, yes," he said.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had given the Gunners a seventh-minute lead in the Premier League match at the Amex Stadium and the visitors dominated much of the first half.

But a mistake by right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner allowed Jurgen Locadia to equalise for Brighton in the 35th minute.

Emery was disappointed by his team's second-half display and took his frustration out on the water bottle on the touchline.

After apologising to the Seagulls fan, Emery appeared to explain his actions to the fourth official.

The officials had not included the incident in the match report as they were happy with the way it had been handled.

Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was given a one-match ban after being sent off for kicking a water bottle down the touchline during his side's Premier League game against West Ham in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46692146

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Mourinho got a one-match ban for the same thing :whistling: :coffee:

Unai Emery: Arsenal boss charged by Football Association for kicking water bottle towards fans

28 minutes ago | Premier League

Arsenal manager Unai Emery has been charged by the Football Association for kicking a bottle which hit a Brighton fan towards the end of Wednesday's 1-1 draw.

The FA said it amounts to improper conduct and Emery has until 18:00 GMT on 2 January to respond to the charge.

The Spaniard apologised for the incident, which was not included in the officials' match report.

Emery went to speak to the home supporter immediately after the incident and again at full-time.

Speaking in his news conference on Thursday, Emery said he hoped the apology would be the end of the matter.

"I kicked the bottle in frustration but not at the supporters, not with this intention. It's circumstances. I apologised. I hope it's the end of the matter, yes," he said.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had given the Gunners a seventh-minute lead in the Premier League match at the Amex Stadium and the visitors dominated much of the first half.

But a mistake by right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner allowed Jurgen Locadia to equalise for Brighton in the 35th minute.

Emery was disappointed by his team's second-half display and took his frustration out on the water bottle on the touchline.

After apologising to the Seagulls fan, Emery appeared to explain his actions to the fourth official.

The officials had not included the incident in the match report as they were happy with the way it had been handled.

Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was given a one-match ban after being sent off for kicking a water bottle down the touchline during his side's Premier League game against West Ham in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46692146

He probably should get a ban in interest of fitness. We're gonna loose to Liverpool anyway so get it out the way

• Subscriber

Sad to hear this, R.I.P. Peter.

Peter Hill-Wood: Arsenal's former chairman has died at the age of 82

9 minutes ago | Arsenal

Former Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has died at the age of 82.

He became chairman in 1982 and presided over the appointments of George Graham and Arsene Wenger as managers and they won five league titles, five FA Cups, the League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup between them.

Ill health forced Hill-Wood to step down from the position in June 2013.

Arsenal says he was also "instrumental" in the successful move from Highbury to Emirates Stadium in 2006.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46700308

On 10/10/2018 at 09:39, Danny said:

There's a geezer called Ted Knutson who owns a company called Statsbomb and I've not read the article in full, but basically Arsenal's results and goals scored doesn't match the quality of chances being created. Doesn't reckon this run formulate into anything amazing.

On top of that it's fair to remember Arsenal have had a really easy 9 games run.

Just leaving this bad boy here. Obvs can’t take credit for it but Statsbomb predicted this earlier on in the season when the numbers seemed “arbitrary”.

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, poor old Jose ex-United manager was given a one-match ban for kicking plastic bottles.  :whistling:

Unai Emery: Arsenal boss fined £8,000 by FA for kicking water bottle towards fans

3 hours ago | Arsenal

Arsenal manager Unai Emery has been fined £8,000 by the Football Association for kicking a bottle which hit a Brighton fan during last week's Premier League match between the sides.

The FA charged Emery with improper conduct following the incident near the end of the 1-1 draw on 26 December.

An FA spokesperson said Emery had "accepted the standard penalty".

Speaking after the game, Emery told reporters he hoped the apology would be the end of the matter.

"I kicked the bottle in frustration but not at the supporters, not with this intention. It's circumstances. I apologized. I hope it's the end of the matter, yes," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46720401

On 29/12/2018 at 15:09, Danny said:

Just leaving this bad boy here. Obvs can’t take credit for it but Statsbomb predicted this earlier on in the season when the numbers seemed “arbitrary”.

Arsenal are still consistently scoring goals, trouble is in their defense. I continue to think its an arbitrary claim. 

On 04/01/2019 at 19:13, shut up said:

Arsenal are close to signing Barcelona's Denis Suarez

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/denis-suarez-barcellona-arsenal-calciomercato 

I am having a hard time getting too optimistic about this potential signing. Suarez appears to be underwhelming in Spain and by Arsenal standards is a fairly expensive transfer. Perhaps Emery believes he saw potential in their time together but I don't see this being the type of signing to get us truly competitive with the top of the league.

Hopefully they are identifying talents in defense for the summer transfer season. 

Edited by EastSixth

I like how some people are trying to put it all on the purchases of Lacazette & Aubameyang last season when we actually made a profit last season on transfers and reduced the size of the squad. Our spend in the summer wasn't that big either. The TV money is crazy, then there's the sponsors, the ticket sales and the merchandise sales. The idea that we even need to worry about FFP seems extremely weird. Shit doesn't add up.

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I like how some people are trying to put it all on the purchases of Lacazette & Aubameyang last season when we actually made a profit last season on transfers and reduced the size of the squad. Our spend in the summer wasn't that big either. The TV money is crazy, then there's the sponsors, the ticket sales and the merchandise sales. The idea that we even need to worry about FFP seems extremely weird. Shit doesn't add up.

It adds up to a cunt of a owner. Apart from Mike Ashley it's hard to think of a worse one in the League