talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, Asura said:

Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat leaving over transfer strategy - sources

https://www.espn.in/soccer/arsenal/story/3752011/arsenal-head-of-recruitment-sven-mislintat-leaving-over-transfer-strategy-sources

WTF.. it has probably been less than an year since he came on board from BVB

Good! He has bought rejects or old players. 

Bellerin out for up to nine months with a ruptured ACL. A big shame for him and for us. Started the season extremely well, got injured, came back and had a very good game against Chelsea, now his season is over.

Still can't figure out how it happened, he was just closing down, then bam, ruptured ACL.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Bellerin out for up to nine months with a ruptured ACL. A big shame for him and for us. Started the season extremely well, got injured, came back and had a very good game against Chelsea, now his season is over.

Still can't figure out how it happened, he was just closing down, then bam, ruptured ACL.

Yeah i was about that, no one of the Chelsea players touched him right? 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, 6666 said:

A real shame, agreed.

#GetWellSoonHector

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You're always in a good mood when an Arsenal player gets a long term injury. You've always been a scumbag. :thumbdown:

Not sure how you can take that from my post. I’m wishing him all the best, a real shame for him to get this injury, good player and a good guy, hope it’s a swift recovery. Thankfully ACL injuries aren’t what they once were and the treatment and recovery has become far more successful. Hopefully be back on the pitch before we know it. #GetBetterBellerin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

700700811_download(1).thumb.png.57ae5d3846529eabc413fdfd860ddcb2.png

Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal midfielder suffers suspected hamstring injury

download.thumb.png.fadc223a95b774e7134a2ce523fa8ff3.png

Aaron Ramsey may have played his last game for Arsenal after a suspected hamstring injury during their Europa League quarter-final against Napoli.

The midfielder, 28, pulled up in the 33rd minute and was replaced by Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Ramsey has agreed on a four-year contract that will see him join Juventus as a free agent this summer, ending his 11-year spell with Arsenal.

The typical recovery time for a minor hamstring injury is four to six weeks.

Arsenal have five Premier League games remaining.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47984351

Yes Arsenal are a way from challenging for the title but some overreactions so far. Emery has got a great chance of winning the Europa League, if they win that finish 6th I think they've done okay. Compare it to Klopp's first season (albeit he didn't get pre-season etc) and I think you accept that you're going to be beaten quite often. If he can sort out the away form top 4 is very achievable next year, that's if they don't get it this year which they might, and then they can build to towards a title challenge, just as Liverpool have.

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

On 25/04/2019 at 13:45, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes Arsenal are a way from challenging for the title but some overreactions so far. Emery has got a great chance of winning the Europa League, if they win that finish 6th I think they've done okay. Compare it to Klopp's first season (albeit he didn't get pre-season etc) and I think you accept that you're going to be beaten quite often. If he can sort out the away form top 4 is very achievable next year, that's if they don't get it this year which they might, and then they can build to towards a title challenge, just as Liverpool have.

Of we win all of our remaining games we probably will get top 4. Big ask though

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Denis Suarez out for the rest of the season with a groin injury. The most pointless addition in history. Wasn't even given a chance.

Worse than Kallstrom who had a known back injury yet you still signed him xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Worse than Kallstrom who had a known back injury yet you still signed him xD

Kallstrom scored a penalty in a penalty shootout and looked okay when he played. So he definitely was more useful.

48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Arsenal are an absolute shambles when it comes to January signings, first Kallstrom and now Suarez :dam:

With him wanting game time away from Barcelona it's likely that he will still sign permanently despite never really getting a chance. 

I can't see anyway we sign him now especially for £20m. Clearly not trusted and Emery has said he isn't even bothered by his injury according to Like Marin. Pretty damming when your competition is Mkhitaryan.

Edited by Chaaay AFC

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

1861932217_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.bee3f91beb0254eab04827dc3c9914f6.png

Freddie Ljungberg is appointed as Arsenal assistant coach

Former Arsenal forward Freddie Ljungberg has been named first-team assistant coach to Gunners manager Unai Emery.

The Swede is replacing Steve Bould, whose new role includes taking charge of the under-23 team.

Ljungberg, who played 214 games and scored 46 times for Arsenal, says he is "really excited" to work with Emery.

The former Sweden international was part of Arsenal's 'Invincibles' side under Arsene Wenger.

Since starting his coaching career, 42-year-old Ljungberg has also been in charge of the club's under-16s squad.

Bould, meanwhile, is to take up a new role back in the academy, which he ran for 11 years before becoming Wenger's assistant manager in 2012, staying on to work alongside Emery last season.

The former Arsenal defender, 56, will also help oversee the under-23s and under-18 'phase programme' with current Arsenal Academy manager Per Mertesacker.

Arsenal said the changes, which come into effect from 1 July, will help "create a 'transition team' which will collectively manage a player's development through some of the hardest and most challenging periods of their professional lives".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48662806

51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

entradas-gamper-2019-barcelona-arsenal-2

01-Gamper-Arsenal-3200x2000_01-ESP.jpg?w

Arsenal FC will participate in this year's edition of the Barça summer tournament, the Joan Gamper.

I might go to this...

I didn’t peg you as one for comedy festivals

7 hours ago, Spike said:

I didn’t peg you as one for comedy festivals

I don't know if I've ever touched on it before or not, but it seems from your comment, I haven't because I know you're one to go out straight to study something and inform yourself.

But anyway...

Summer football tournaments have always been somthing quite a bit special and different in Spain. Every country has them so it's nothing new. But in Spain they used to be seen as something important and there were specifically two that were the greatest of them all (infact those two are still the most important by miles even when they've lost the mystique they once had) and they aren't organised by the clubs most would expect.

The most important one was and continues to be the one organised by Cádiz CF and the Troféo Ramón de Carranza

15339283984327.jpg

The next most important one is the tournament orgnaised by Deportivo La Coruña and the Troféo Terésa Herrera

2012.03.21-maradonateresaherrera1.jpg

18804877.jpg

These days summer football tournaments in Spain have at most cult followings and their history is just the folklore told by those that remember the hugeness that they once represented as a football festival that would conjure up a week of carnival spirit similar to a World Cup with the greatest players on earth visiting your twon and being seen in the streets.

Today these types of things like the Emirates Cup which we have in London are referred as pre-season tournaments and of very little significance if any at all. But back in the day these things were no pre-season friendly events used to generate renevue for the club. They were AFTER the pre-season and the first big test that clubs, coaches and players would take seriously.

Being invited to one of the two premium tournaments in the shape of the Ramón de Carranza or the Teresa Herrera was an honour for a club anywhere in the world and would be used as a showpiece.

These days the very few that continue to exist in Spain are played as one off games and not 8 or 10 clubs involved so as to keep the tradition of the annual event alive. The Joan Gamper organised by FC Barcelona was one of the biggies but nowhere near the prestige of the aforementioned tournaments organised by Cádiz CF and Deportivo La Coruña respectively.

PORTADA-libro-teresa-herrera-red.jpg

I remember reading this book (above) on the history and downfall of the mythical summer football tournaments that would move  travelling fanbases from the other side of the world for a whole week. It basically tells the story of the fall of real football to be honest which is quite sad.

• Upvote 1

Sky claiming that Milan will offer Torreira a loan move? Arsenal would be nuts to accept that.

AC Milan are preparing a bid to sign Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira on loan, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The Serie A club will make an offer in the region of £4.5m for a two-season loan, with an additional fee of around £25m to make the Uruguayan's move permanent at the end of that period.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11749985/ac-milan-prepare-lucas-torreira-loan-bid-from-arsenal