talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

37 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No fucking chance we paid that for him last season. Absolutely horrendous deal. 

I don't understand a single thing on what's ocurring at our club on any level. It's all so confusing and doesn't make sense... What the hell is going on!

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't understand a single thing on what's ocurring at our club on any level. It's all so confusing and doesn't make sense... What the hell is going on!

Wenger and Gazidis have set this club back years. Will take time for us to recover. 

5 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yeah, I was going to ask about that deal in here. He was one of your better players last season, even though his form went down in the second half of the season. 

All I am seeing on Twitter is that his girlfriend wants to go to Italy. 

He had an interview saying he prefers the weather in Italy so the media went off that. With AC Milan employing Giampoalo they've just put two an two together. He has denied wanting to leave and I can't see Milan paying anywhere near close to what we would even consider. 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He had an interview saying he prefers the weather in Italy so the media went off that. With AC Milan employing Giampoalo they've just put two an two together. He has denied wanting to leave and I can't see Milan paying anywhere near close to what we would even consider. 

Seen this rumour as well. From Milan's perspective, they are cost cutting and not going to spend heavily this summer. So this makes no sense on their behalf.

35 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Wenger and Gazidis have set this club back years. Will take time for us to recover. 

Yes mate, that's been evident for quite a number of years although the results of such bad administration of the playing side of things has only made itself totally clear now. Many people (fans) think it's all just a case of one or two key signings that turns the fortunes right around but that's not the case in the deepest understanding of the problems. One or two bery intlligent signings could actually see us look more competitive (this all hypothetical) and even see us win a trophy like we did the the FA Cup in the final moments with Wenger, but the reality of it all would be just be like putting a lick of paint over rising damp.

Like I said, right now it just all looks to be confusing and as if the club are just finctioning from day to day with no direction. Now, whether this is true or not, whether people like me are making a bigger deal out of what isn't in reality so bad, then that's something that only those really deep inside of the club mechanics know because there is absolutely no evidence or information coming out from the club that they seem to know where they're rowing towards.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yes mate, that's been evident for quite a number of years although the results of such bad administration of the playing side of things has only made itself totally clear now. Many people (fans) think it's all just a case of one or two key signings that turns the fortunes right around but that's not the case in the deepest understanding of the problems. One or two bery intlligent signings could actually see us look more competitive (this all hypothetical) and even see us win a trophy like we did the the FA Cup in the final moments with Wenger, but the reality of it all would be just be like putting a lick of paint over rising damp.

Like I said, right now it just all looks to be confusing and as if the club are just finctioning from day to day with no direction. Now, whether this is true or not, whether people like me are making a bigger deal out of what isn't in reality so bad, then that's something that only those really deep inside of the club mechanics know because there is absolutely no evidence or information coming out from the club that they seem to know where they're rowing towards.

I think unfortunately when the club finally knew it was time to get rid of Wenger it was too late. That extra season of Wenger really crippled us, we brought Lacazette and signed Kolasinac who were both very average signings in my personal opinion. Then we failed to deal immediately with the Sanchez, Ozil and Chamberlain contract situations. Ultimately only dealing with Chamberlain albeit we did get a good price for him in the end. Once we got to January we finally dealt with Sanchez only to swap him for another mediocre player on massive wages as well. 

It still baffled me that in January last year we knew Wenger was going as Sanllehi and Sven were brought in but we spunked a whole lot of good sales (Giroud, Walcott etc.) on aging players like Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and giving Ozil that monster contract. We for some reason doubled down on this average squad and took a very short term approach to getting back into the champions league, which has left us in this current state of lack of funds and a Europa League squad. 

Then even after all this Gazidis goes and so does Sven which has left us lacking in key areas. I think Gazidis going was actually a massive plus he left us in a shit storm and I have no doubt he would never have got us out of it. I'm hoping Edu who looks to be the new Technical Director can really steer us in the right direction. Emery has a year left to prove himself, for once we didn't overcommit on someone so if someone better comes available we have the option of upgrading there. If we are smart I believe we can turn this around, but I don't have a clue if we can unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

We finished a point behind 4th, not a point above relegation...

It's possible to discuss how to get better without pretending everything's a disaster and without continuing to ignorantly blame Wenger. There was a lot of shake up behind the scenes last season and that was always going to lead to some time needing to pas before things settle down at boardroom level. On the footballing side of things, the funds are an issue and the supposed lack of it hasn't been explained in any sort of way that makes sense so from that side of things, we don't know what's going on. There's no point creating your own nightmare in you head and then pretending it's real.

Edited by 6666

On 28 June 2019 at 12:14, SirBalon said:

One or two very intlligent signings could actually see us look more competitive (this all hypothetical) and even see us win a trophy like we did the the FA Cup in the final moments with Wenger, but the reality of it all would be just be like putting a lick of paint over rising damp.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

We need to knock it down and built the club back up from top to the bottom, it is a mess and I do not care what anyone says, I am not really talking just the playing squad, I mean the whole structure of the club. The scouting is shambolic, the transfers are just made from pure desperation, the board is a joke on how they have handled contracts, we need to bring back former players to run things.  Where are Arsenal actually going on how they are being run right now, they are not even making money apart from player sales.  Arsenal are losing more fans than gaining them, this is just the start and the same old fans get shafted up the backside every season and still accept on how the club is and still only see positives, another huge thing wrong with Arsenal. 

Arsenal need to learn from Ajax, its clear that the Arsenal board are not bothered that Arsenal will ever win a title again or even finish in the top 4 without huge investment. They just need to start bringing through their own youth even if it means having a few seasons off by building this up, as this would be more accepted as it will be a proper building project and an exciting prospect for the future than this rubbish we have at the the moment. 

Arsenal really make me fall out of love with football by the way it is, it was last season of Ajax that made me really appreciate football again and I cannot understand why Arsenal cannot do this when we were suppose to be developing youth and Ajax could do it when they are only getting 10 million euros a season through TV.  Ajax have managed to be run self sufficient, also have a huge cash reserves in the bank and produce their own players, everything that Arsenal set out to become.

Edited by Panna King

The thing is that Unai Emery will get the blame for this in the end and that's the nature of football to be fair and he knows it. He arrived at a totally distorted club from the squad all the way through the whole structure of the club as @Panna King says. The thing is that there are many Arsenal fans that still revere Arsène Wenger and pine for him... You only have to read that silly excuse for a journalist in the shape of John Cross who is a total embarrassment for the profession.

Anyway... Time will tell and that's all there is left for it.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

We need to knock it down and built the club back up from top to the bottom, it is a mess and I do not care what anyone says, I am not really talking just the playing squad, I mean the whole structure of the club. The scouting is shambolic, the transfers are just made from pure desperation, the board is a joke on how they have handled contracts, we need to bring back former players to run things.  Where are Arsenal actually going on how they are being run right now, they are not even making money apart from player sales.  Arsenal are losing more fans than gaining them, this is just the start and the same old fans get shafted up the backside every season and still accept on how the club is and still only see positives, another huge thing wrong with Arsenal. 

Arsenal need to learn from Ajax, its clear that the Arsenal board are not bothered that Arsenal will ever win a title again or even finish in the top 4 without huge investment. They just need to start bringing through their own youth even if it means having a few seasons off by building this up, as this would be more accepted as it will be a proper building project and an exciting prospect for the future than this rubbish we have at the the moment. 

Arsenal really make me fall out of love with football by the way it is, it was last season of Ajax that made me really appreciate football again and I cannot understand why Arsenal cannot do this when we were suppose to be developing youth and Ajax could do it when they are only getting 10 million euros a season through TV.  Ajax have managed to be run self sufficient, also have a huge cash reserves in the bank and produce their own players, everything that Arsenal set out to become.

Ajax also built a new stadium some years back which was a big feat considering the financial restraints living in the Eredivisie has by comparison to other leagues and the economic packages. Juventus built their new stadium and instead of setting them back for a period of time, they shot forward which is now a case for study for various of Italy's other top clubs and their rotting ancient not built for purpose stadia. The whole thing has been a shambles since years back when we moved out of the old Highbury... The comparison I have but obviously not to that extent is Valencia who were run so so badly that their continuing competitiveness put make-up on what was really going on in the background and which eventually and inevitably became evident in the end. Even now they're a shambles although not in the crippling debt they were once in.

Anyone that can't see the serious issue we have on the most basic of issues to judge upon (because we don't have the facts on the boardroom shit over the years and just rumours) which is our make-shift squad of countless odd signings that just beggar belief must be either shutting their eyes in hope or they just can't push themselves to place whatever percentage of blame Wenger had during that long period which saw us slowly deteriorate. He's by far not the only one and also I would believe without a shadow of a doubt that there are easily many past and present leeches at boardroom level (especially shareholders) that have the biggest black mark on them so as to kneel, confess and issue the Mea Culpa.

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ajax also built a new stadium some years back which was a big feat considering the financial restraints living in the Eredivisie has by comparison to other leagues and the economic packages. Juventus built their new stadium and instead of setting them back for a period of time, they shot forward which is now a case for study for various of Italy's other top clubs and their rotting ancient not built for purpose stadia. The whole thing has been a shambles since years back when we moved out of the old Highbury... The comparison I have but obviously not to that extent is Valencia who were run so so badly that their continuing competitiveness put make-up on what was really going on in the background and which eventually and inevitably became evident in the end. Even now they're a shambles although not in the crippling debt they were once in.

Anyone that can't see the serious issue we have on the most basic of issues to judge upon (because we don't have the facts on the boardroom shit over the years and just rumours) which is our make-shift squad of countless odd signings that just beggar belief must be either shutting their eyes in hope or they just can't push themselves to place whatever percentage of blame Wenger had during that long period which saw us slowly deteriorate. He's by far not the only one and also I would believe without a shadow of a doubt that there are easily many past and present leeches at boardroom level (especially shareholders) that have the biggest black mark on them so as to kneel, confess and issue the Mea Culpa.

Arsenal are the only big team in the world that has built a new stadium and gone massively backwards.  The problem with Arsenal when they sold the club when they moved from Highbury, is that there wasn't a structure in place like there was at Highbury with David Dein.  The whole football side was left to 1 man and money was never a problem but it was how it was spent at Arsenal, it was wasted on rubbish because you had a stubborn man in charge who never took any advise.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal are the only big team in the world that has built a new stadium and gone massively backwards.  The problem with Arsenal when they sold the club when they moved from Highbury, is that there wasn't a structure in place like there was at Highbury with David Dein.  The whole football side was left to 1 man and money was never a problem but it was how it was spent at Arsenal, it was wasted on rubbish because you had a stubborn man in charge who never took any advise.

The answers to the issue is study why David Dein left us. I remember it perfectly. 

So Denis Suarez who was with Arsenal on loan (not sure how many games he even played and I dont remember seeing him play at all to be honest) was sold by Barcelona to Celta Vigo. Always liked him as a player when he played for Barcelona and probably was not at their level but why havent Arsenal given him enough chances to play while he was there on loan and why didnt they try for him for a permanent move?  

A must read twitter thread for any Arsenal fan whenever you have a spare 10 minutes. Swiss Ramble break our whole finances down in such incredible detail. It's honestly scary how far we have fallen behind in all aspects financially. Just such incompetence from top to bottom, I'm so glad that bald headed melt Gazidis is gone. One of the worst thing's to have happened to this club was his decade long reign. 

• Upvote 1

On 30/06/2019 at 15:26, Asura said:

So Denis Suarez who was with Arsenal on loan (not sure how many games he even played and I dont remember seeing him play at all to be honest) was sold by Barcelona to Celta Vigo. Always liked him as a player when he played for Barcelona and probably was not at their level but why havent Arsenal given him enough chances to play while he was there on loan and why didnt they try for him for a permanent move?  

Why would they go for him on a permanent move? He's not exactly a player unfamiliar to Emery... and he was training with the Arsenal squad and couldn't make the first team. Why waste part of the transfer budget on someone who's not going to cut it based on the evidence the manager's seen?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why would they go for him on a permanent move? He's not exactly a player unfamiliar to Emery... and he was training with the Arsenal squad and couldn't make the first team. Why waste part of the transfer budget on someone who's not going to cut it based on the evidence the manager's seen?

Well thats probably the only reason I can think of too, that emery didnt like him. But im surprised Emery didnt give him much chance at all either, he is definitely not a bad player and can bench some of the midfielders Arsenal currently have.

23 minutes ago, Asura said:

Well thats probably the only reason I can think of too, that emery didnt like him. But im surprised Emery didnt give him much chance at all either, he is definitely not a bad player and can bench some of the midfielders Arsenal currently have.

He probably didn't train well or fit in with the personalities at the dressing room

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for the season to start! we have the same defence, same midfield minus our best player last year and the same strikeforce, only signed an unknown youth player that will never play in the first team apart from the League Cup. We are putting silly offers in for players, I really cannot wait for this season,  BUZZING!