talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

33 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Lacazette and Aubameyang have both signed new deals. So this how it feels to support a well run club.

What's happened to the Sami khedira deal?

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

They've only just signed, now they have new deals xD

We did the same thing with Salah and we're looking to get Virgil on a new deal as well.

Gotta keep your superstars on long deals. Makes transfers away less likely and keeps their value nice and high.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We did the same thing with Salah and we're looking to get Virgil on a new deal as well.

Gotta keep your superstars on long deals. Makes transfers away less likely and keeps their value nice and high.

Exactly, should be giving them new deals every 12-18 months imo.

It's what we have always done until recently, problem is player power is increasing and  players like Ramsey are showing the way. Watch Eriksen and Toby follow his example.

Got to tie them down when you can because when they get down to 2 years and under all the cards shift into their hands 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know mate, I was just unsuccessfully winding dan up xD

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stan said:

IMG-20190819-WA0002.jpg

Ha ha. I was watching the highlights of the Burnley game earlier. I was saying to my dad that is luiz, no that's guendouzi, no actually it is luiz 

• 2 weeks later...

Some really nice news going into the international break, Matteo Guendouzi has earned his first senior international call-up for France. I believe this is an injury replacement, but a fantastic achievement considering his age and competition. 

I wasn't as blown away by him when he first joined as some other fans, but he really grew on me as the season progressed and to start this season he has jumped up another few levels which is unbelievable. He has been a stupendous find and for only £7m it's exceptional business. Really think he has the makings to be one of the best around. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1d9dd449b62af989cb21c9834f8d8346.png

Joe Willock signs long-term Arsenal contract

Arsenal midfielder Joe Willock has signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League club.

The England Under-21 international has been at the club since he was four.

Willock, who made his debut on September 2017 in a League Cup game against Doncaster, started Arsenal's first three Premier League games this season.

"It is only right in my heart and my mind to continue my career here," the 20-year-old  Arsenal.com.

He added: "The manager has put a lot of faith in not just me but a load of youngsters so far this season - every day in training he is encouraging to us."

• Administrator

Why the fuck does Per Mertesacker sound like a Ali G impersonator? I watched the video of him talking about the youth academy and I was taken aback by how different he sounds. He's lost his German accent ... Innit bruv!

4 hours ago, Batard said:

Why the fuck does Per Mertesacker sound like a Ali G impersonator? I watched the video of him talking about the youth academy and I was taken aback by how different he sounds. He's lost his German accent ... Innit bruv!

It is hilarious because he will say 'better' in a non-rhotic English accent (bettah) and then say 'academy' and 'players' in what sounds closer to his natural accent. No 'r' sound on 'better' but a very harsh 'r' on 'player'

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Batard said:

It's what London does to ya. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Spike said:

It is hilarious because he will say 'better' in a non-rhotic English accent (bettah) and then say 'academy' and 'players' in what sounds closer to his natural accent. No 'r' sound on 'better' but a very harsh 'r' on 'player'

This is great stuff

One of the things that I wasn't too happy about with our transfer window was that we let Welbeck go out on a free and then sent Nketiah out on loan without bringing in a striker. Martinelli could be played there but he's more on a second striker or winger. Aubameyang is pretty much our only striker right now.

Some good news though is that Bellerin, Holding, Mavropanos and Tierney are all back from injury and in full training.

Edited by 6666

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Alexandre Lacazette is out until October due to an ankle injury.

This is a big blow but there are positives in the sense that Emery can now play a more traditional setup in midfield. Let’s hope Aubameyang doesn’t also get injured during this period.

October really isn't that far away to be fair. Literally 2 weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Well Emery asked for player opinion and if they feel Xhaka is the right choice then fair enough. Wasn't a whole lot of choice, but would like to see Aubameyang be vice at least. I do think Bellerin would have been my pick though. 

Who was your captain before?

Can't really argue if that's what the rest of the squad want - he's clearly someone they can rely on and think can lead them. Wonder if Emery thought the same.