talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

There's still something there for them this season if they can create the right bounce around the club with a new manager. Problem is balancing that with an actual long-term plan so it may be that they just accept this season as a mess and spend the time lining up the right changes for the summer.

• Subscriber

Watching the first 7 minutes of this post the Klopp interview and hearing Arsene speak about the acquisitions they could have had and how their fortunes would have turned is astounding. They almost had Pique and Ronaldo. There was fantasy talk about Messi but I doubt that would have ever happened.

Any manager that takes over Arsenal will have a huge task at his hand. You can't change the clubs fortunes with a few big signings and a new manager. I always believed that teams have along term plan, obviously not that obvious at Chelsea with the switch of managers. However i personally don't see a play at Arsenal, same old players and same type of signings with no visible improvements for years now. 

• Subscriber

Top four is now a necessity for us. It's there for the taking. Arsenal and Man Utd have been as shambolic as all competitors hoped they would be.

The manner of Arsenal's perfomances have been absolutely worrying. Some terrible set ups and performances.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Top four is now a necessity for us. It's there for the taking. Arsenal and Man Utd have been as shambolic as all competitors hoped they would be.

The manner of Arsenal's perfomances have been absolutely worrying. Some terrible set ups and performances.

Did you use your thumbs and palms in a thorough pressing motion when you wrote this mate?

On 13/11/2019 at 18:50, Stan said:

Safe to say Arsenal have definitely gone backwards since hiring Emery?

Not to say that keeping Wenger was the answer, but perhaps Emery wasn't either...

Also bare in mind that is Wenger at his worst. For the first 22 years there was no comparison Wenger was better. 

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Also bare in mind that is Wenger at his worst. For the first 22 years there was no comparison Wenger was better. 

I don't think anyone normal was ever looking to compare Arséne Wenger with Unai Emery as that is firstly a stupid and unnecessary thing to do and most importantly it would make the person throwing that argument into the ring a Wenger fanatic which then cancels you out from having any merit in your opinion. Wenger's time was over and some people have to forget him now and get over it because the club is the most important thing... It was there before him and it'll be there long after he's gone!

What's evident is that Unai Emery needs to go! Be it because he's lost the dressing room or for whatever reason, it's visible that we are ONCE AGAIN starting to go backwards and we hadn't advanced enough after Wenger's departure and Emery's appointment to be able to permit ourselves this sort of affliction.  Action must be taken ASAP!  

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't think anyone normal was ever looking to compare Arséne Wenger with Unai Emery as that is firstly a stupid and unnecessary thing to do and most importantly it would make the person throwing that argument into the ring a Wenger fanatic which then cancels you out from having any merit in your opinion. Wenger's time was over and some people have to forget him now and get over it because the club is the most important thing... It was there before him and it'll be there long after he's gone!

What's evident is that Unai Emery needs to go! Be it because he's lost the dressing room or for whatever reason, it's visible that we are ONCE AGAIN starting to go backwards and we hadn't advanced enough after Wenger's departure and Emery's appointment to be able to permit ourselves this sort of affliction.  Action must be taken ASAP!  

I'm not a Wenger fanatic.I said he needed to go at the end loads of times. But virtually everyone on this forum has said Emery should go including your buddy @Panna Kingt. In fact he wanted him gone after the 5.1 defeat at anfield last year. And considering you have proven that you are arrogant, self opinionated and clearly unable to see another point of view I don't really have any interest in what you have to say

Edited by Guest

On 13/11/2019 at 19:40, LFCMadLad said:

Wenger shits all over Emery. 

Wenger had players like Bergkamp in his team and a solid defence handed to him when he took over, you cannot compare really Wengers start to Emery.  Overall Wenger had to leave Arsenal he is an old man now but Emery is just the wrong choice to replace him.

24 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Wenger had players like Bergkamp in his team and a solid defence handed to him when he took over, you cannot compare really Wengers start to Emery.  Overall Wenger had to leave Arsenal he is an old man now but Emery is just the wrong choice to replace him.

He signed loads of top players. Arsenal were no where near title contenders before he came in. We finished 5th before he came in,12th the year before. Wenger in prime would have got this team in the champion's League which is more than Emery has done. There no doubt Wenger was a top manager in his day from anyone rational. 

Edited by Guest

48 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He signed loads of top players. Arsenal were no where near title contenders before he came in. We finished 5th before he came in,12th the year before.There no doubt Wenger was a top manager in his day from anyone rational. 

Yes Wenger was a class coach but I meant at the start he only signed Vieira before he actually took over, Garde and Grimandi also came in.   He had a very well organised defence with Adams etc, Emery inherited a mess defensively but it has got worse under him. 

Edited by Panna King

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He signed loads of top players. Arsenal were no where near title contenders before he came in. We finished 5th before he came in,12th the year before. Wenger in prime would have got this team in the champion's League which is more than Emery has done. There no doubt Wenger was a top manager in his day from anyone rational. 

I hate Arsenal and i hated Wegner, but anyone who says he was anything but a World Class manager is a complete tool. If i was him only thing i would do differently is to step down on time, think he stayed a few seasons longer than he should and perhaps tarnished his legacy in the general public. However i feel the Arsenal faithful don't have bad memories of him apart from the Arsenal TV blud fam army.

30 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I hate Arsenal and i hated Wegner, but anyone who says he was anything but a World Class manager is a complete tool. If i was him only thing i would do differently is to step down on time, think he stayed a few seasons longer than he should and perhaps tarnished his legacy in the general public. However i feel the Arsenal faithful don't have bad memories of him apart from the Arsenal TV blud fam army.

The thing is that when Arsenal built the Emirates they weren't counting on a few things. First if all they didn't know Chelsea were gonna come along and they didn't know about the massive increase in TV revenue that was about to happen. When they built the Emirates they thought they were gonna have limited spending for a few years and then they would be able to outspend almost all clubs. And they would only have to catch man utd. However Chelsea came along and then man city. So suddenly instead of there being one big club to compete with at the top there are 3. Big difference.

Also because of the increase in TV revenue the money from selling tickets isn't worth as much as it was. So building the Emirates so we could spend more than other clubs didn't quite work out. Any manager would have struggled with the spending restrictions Wenger had up untill 2014.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Yes Wenger was a class coach but I meant at the start he only signed Vieira before he actually took over, Garde and Grimandi also came in.   He had a very well organised defence with Adams etc, Emery inherited a mess defensively but it has got worse under him. 

Well that's fair enough if you admitting he was a good coach.

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm not a Wenger fanatic.I said he needed to go at the end loads of times. But virtually everyone on this forum has said Emery should go including your buddy @Panna Kingt. In fact he wanted him gone after the 5.1 defeat at anfield last year. And considering you have proven that you are arrogant, self opinionated and clearly unable to see another point of view I don't really have any interest in what you have to say

You have a problem with reading writing mate. I also said Unai Emery needs to go. That arrogance is a figment of your imagination in the same manner as all those left-wing tv stations. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Did you use your thumbs and palms in a thorough pressing motion when you wrote this mate?

I just typed it I think?

It's more in reaction to Emery being safe than just aimless goading. I've hit the point with you where I think Arsenal are better just without Emery for the rest of the season regardless and just getting in a caretaker. Things have clearly gone quite sour.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You have a problem with reading writing mate. I also said Unai Emery needs to go. That arrogance is a figment of your imagination in the same manner as all those left-wing tv stations. 

You are arrogant.

45 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You are arrogant.

There are reasons as to why you could say I am arrogant in the way I write especially when someone quotes me  and more so while accusing me of not agreeing with the very thing I actually wrote.

On the same note I could accuse you of being down right thick and there have been plenty of instances of this possible assumption I could come to believe while even discounting today’s embarrassing example.

But I haven’t accused you of being thick while you have labelled me as being arrogant. I may have to be more bold in my movements in the forum if this is the way it goes.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I just typed it I think?

It's more in reaction to Emery being safe than just aimless goading. I've hit the point with you where I think Arsenal are better just without Emery for the rest of the season regardless and just getting in a caretaker. Things have clearly gone quite sour.

I agree mate... I was just being facetious and sarcastic. Emery has shown he cannot accomplish the absolutely monstrous job in hand. It’s not an easy job for so many reasons. We need a new coach asap.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There are reasons as to why you could say I am arrogant in the way I write especially when someone quotes me  and more so while accusing me of not agreeing with the very thing I actually wrote.

On the same note I could accuse you of being down right thick and there have been plenty of instances of this possible assumption I could come to believe while even discounting today’s embarrassing example.

But I haven’t accused you of being thick while you have labelled me as being arrogant. I may have to be more bold in my movements in the forum if this is the way it goes.

You are arrogant. On various topics such as Brexit, veganism and various football topics you have said that people who don't agree with you are either dumb, un informed or biased. Completely ignoring your own biases or lack of information. If haven't met you but I would be very surprised if you weren't arrogant in person.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You are arrogant. On various topics such as Brexit, veganism and various football topics you have said that people who don't agree with you are either dumb, un informed or biased. Completely ignoring your own biases or lack of information. If haven't met you but I would be very surprised if you weren't arrogant in person.

Listen sunshine... Go back to school and learn something. Do not dictate to me unless you have something worthy of me taking notice. Now that’s arrogance. Now jog on...