talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was actually quite jealous when you lot signed Pepe due to all the hype. Looks like we dodged a bullet in hindsight. 

Yes a lot of clubs were after him but I think the transfer fee put so many teams off plus his agent demanding a huge fee as well as Arsenal managed to agree a deal by paying his agent more than what Napoli were paying. 

It looks like the Premier League is a far too huge step for him, he has just froze and looks frightened to actually do something.  The only goals he has scored have been a penalty and 2 free kicks in the Europa League.  Maybe it might of been a different story  if he scored that goal against Liverpool when he was clean through but even then he looked scared and a lack of confidence.   So far it is turning in to the poorest piece of business in the history of the club.

Edited by Panna King

Emery should be gone today, don't know what went so wrong this season. He actually did 10x better with a much inferior squad last season. Obviously the players have downtooled and at this stage there is no coming back for the manager. 

I do have to say some of these players are pissing me off, they think they're far better than they actually are. I'd have taken Mourinho when he was available just so he'd rinse some of them out. 

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Emery should be gone today, don't know what went so wrong this season. He actually did 10x better with a much inferior squad last season. Obviously the players have downtooled and at this stage there is no coming back for the manager. 

I do have to say some of these players are pissing me off, they think they're far better than they actually are. I'd have taken Mourinho when he was available just so he'd rinse some of them out. 

Who have you signed who has improved you? Luiz and Pepe look like awful signings so far.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Who have you signed who has improved you? Luiz and Pepe look like awful signings so far.

The squad is far more balanced this season and he has a lot more attacking options. Pepe has been nowhere near as some have made out in my opinion, no one is playing well in our team. I don't think you can expect anyone to flourish in this environment, especially when he is still so new. 

This squad is easily good enough to be competing for a top 4 place, no way should we be this far adrift. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This squad is easily good enough to be competing for a top 4 place, no way should we be this far adrift. 

Don't think this is true.

Luiz marginally improves a defence made up of Chambers, Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi...

That's not a top 4 defence and it's that kind of defence which really holds you back.

I like players like Torreira, Guendouzi for your midfield but as you say, no-one really showing anything good in this team.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't think this is true.

Luiz marginally improves a defence made up of Chambers, Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi...

That's not a top 4 defence and it's that kind of defence which really holds you back.

I like players like Torreira, Guendouzi for your midfield but as you say, no-one really showing anything good in this team.

I still think it's good enough we have one of the best strikers in the league, a pretty decent midfield and two very good fullbacks. Not to mention we have a pretty good goalkeeper as well. Wouldn't say are defence is any worse than Chelsea's but they're competing still. 

Looks like he is gone, had to be done. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Obviously Leicester are surprising people, though their squad is better than people think. I think Chelsea have a far superior squad to Arsenal though.

Well it certainly looks that way right now because we are fucking horrendous. xD

Spurs also massively under performing, I'd certainly say their squad is every bit as good as Leicester or Chelsea's but not on current form. We will see when the new manager comes in how good this team is. 

We have put this Spanish Cunt in charge of the club now, this is the guy that advised Barcelona to pay Neymar's Dad 50 million which caused all sorts of legal issues.  God knows how much we paid Pepe's agent and for Cabellos who doesnt have a future at the club, now we do not have the funds to prize away a coach from a club apparently, Sanllehi needs to go! 

Edited by Panna King
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Arsenal have any sense about them they'd be on the phone to Carlo Ancelotti right now. 

I don't think it'd go well. He's been on the decline for a while and what he's achieved with the Napoli Sarri built up has been underwhelming as fuck. But he's a big name, so I can see it happening with present day Arsenal. A high profile yet poorly fitting manager, seems like something a club that's made questionable decision after questionable decision would do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm in agreement about Ancelotti. Think he's about due a stint in China or somewhere now. Think his best days are very much behind him.

I think football moves on and some can't keep up as they get older. I don't think he is a bad manager now and was a good before. He's more experienced now and almost certainly knows more about football so really he is a better manager now, he just hasn't managed to keep up with football. Which happens a lot with older manager's. At the same time looking at where arsenal are right now I think it's a bit strange for fans to not at least be happy with getting him as an interim till the end of the season. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.abce576f73431e4253c558c420316b8c.png

Mesut Ozil: Arsenal distance club from midfielder's social media post

Arsenal has distanced the club from midfielder Mesut Ozil's comments on the treatment of Uighur Muslims in China.

Rights groups say about a million people - mostly from the Muslim Uighur community - are thought to have been detained without trial in high-security prison camps.

China says they are being educated in "vocational training centres" to combat violent religious extremism.

"Arsenal is always apolitical as an organisation," the London club said.

"Following social media messages from Mesut Ozil on Friday, Arsenal Football Club must make it clear that these are Mesut's personal views."

The Gunners' statement was published on Chinese social media site Weibo.

In his post Ozil, who is a Muslim, called Uighurs "warriors who resist persecution" and criticised both China and the silence of Muslims in response.

China has consistently denied mistreating Uighur Muslims in the country.

Arsenal's statement received thousands of comments, many were critical or suggested it was not good enough. One commenter wrote "that's it?", while another responded with a picture of an Ozil shirt they had cut up.

Some users also wrote posts with the hashtags "#Protesting against Ozil" and "#Ozil made inappropriate comments about China".

In October, the US National Basketball Association suffered financial losses after an online comment from a team executive prompted a crisis in its relations with China.

Houston Rockets' manager Daryl Morey had tweeted support for pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.

As a result, Chinese firms suspended sponsorship and telecast deals.

I reckon they’ve had guidance from the Premier League. Just look at what’s happened with the NBA in China. Not saying it’s right, fuck China like. But I’d be interested know what’s gone on behind the scenes. When money is involved, we all know the moral compass goes out of the window.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I reckon they’ve had guidance from the Premier League. Just look at what’s happened with the NBA in China. Not saying it’s right, fuck China like. But I’d be interested know what’s gone on behind the scenes. When money is involved, we all know the moral compass goes out of the window.

Sadly because of how rampant nationalism is there and how effective propaganda is there... they see criticism of their government as an attack on all Chinese people (which is ridiculous because Uyghurs are Chinese). So your average every day normal Chinese guy in Beijing isn’t seeing the west as just wanting to know what the fuck is happening to the Uyghurs. Instead they see criticism of that humanitarian situation & the Hong Kong fight with democracy as western involvement into how the Chinese do things in China.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sadly because of how rampant nationalism is there and how effective propaganda is there... they see criticism of their government as an attack on all Chinese people (which is ridiculous because Uyghurs are Chinese). So your average every day normal Chinese guy in Beijing isn’t seeing the west as just wanting to know what the fuck is happening to the Uyghurs. Instead they see criticism of that humanitarian situation & the Hong Kong fight with democracy as western involvement into how the Chinese do things in China.

Basically still a third world country, but with technology.