talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Basically still a third world country, but with technology.

I was there almost a year ago on a business trip, and tbh it didn’t feel like a third world country. In some respects, it was better than the US in terms of every day shite - like well paved roads in all 3 cities I was in. Meanwhile the richest nation in the world has crumbling roads all over the country. Granted, I was in 3 massive cities - I know there’s villages and remote areas that are more like 80s & 90s China.

The people I met were all quite friendly too - the ones I actually interacted with, not all the random people staring at the white guy walking around amongst them.

But control of thought is very real there. If you live in China, if you’ve got an opinion on politics you keep that shit to yourself and publicly you don’t have an opinion on politics. You don’t criticise the country. And you don’t trust anybody, because the culture there is you report shit you see that looks wrong - so you keep and eye on everyone else and don’t let anyone see you fuck anything up.

The party is called the Communist Party, but they’ve embraced capitalism and they’ve been rewarded with it with shitloads of money and a growing middle class that’s really changed lives for ordinary people for the better and made people happier. And at the same time, they’re still heavily oppressed and directly prohibited from free thought. But it means you should ignore the ideology listed, China is more a hyper authoritarian quasi-fascist state than anything.

It’s an issue to the west when they’ve got a huge market of consumers that want to buy into our media content. But they also demand their censorship apply to the west.

I think it is sad but telling that these media entities worth billions, see the prospect of more money as worth more than our values. And as Chinese censorship floods into our media, the result is our thinking will become less free as well.

• Upvote 2

Shameful on Arsenal’s part, what’s happening in East Turkistan is terrible and for the club to publicly distance themselves from the comments shows a real lack of character. Obviously there is very little Arsenal can do to change the situation there, but all they had to do was remain silent. $$$

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Shameful on Arsenal’s part, what’s happening in East Turkistan is terrible and for the club to publicly distance themselves from the comments shows a real lack of character. Obviously there is very little Arsenal can do to change the situation there, but all they had to do was remain silent. $$$

Arsenal have lost their TV deal now with CCTV over Ozil's comments.  

The Chinese government don't want people to criticise their insanity but Ozil's comments have received a lot more coverage and attention because of them being extremely, extremely thin skinned. These cunts don't know what they're doing.

I’ve no idea how good or shit Arteta will be but if it’s him or Vieira then you should go for Arteta imo. Vieira’s legend status will get him an interview but he’s not exactly done greatly in France. All the hype behind Arteta, with the views from coaches like Poch, Wenger and Guardiola should be enough for Arsenal to gamble on him.

With that said the lack of competition for the role is shocking, barely any big names outside of Allegri.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’ve no idea how good or shit Arteta will be but if it’s him or Vieira then you should go for Arteta imo. Vieira’s legend status will get him an interview but he’s not exactly done greatly in France. All the hype behind Arteta, with the views from coaches like Poch, Wenger and Guardiola should be enough for Arsenal to gamble on him.

With that said the lack of competition for the role is shocking, barely any big names outside of Allegri.

I think the interview process has offended the  big name managers. 

Edited by Panna King

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Panna King said:

I think the interview process has offended the  big name managers. 

It’s more the fact it’s a really undesirable job right now, with a squad full of gaping holes, a toxic fan base with completely unrealistic expectations and players that don’t seem to care at all 

28 minutes ago, Storts said:

It’s more the fact it’s a really undesirable job right now, with a squad full of gaping holes, a toxic fan base with completely unrealistic expectations and players that don’t seem to care at all 

That also has not helped but what world class manager wants to go through a 3 part interview process trying to sell themselves to the club. Surely Arsenal should be trying to sell themselves to the managers especially the state they are in.  The people running the club are clueless which has created this mess with false promises.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panna King said:

That also has not helped but what world class manager wants to go through a 3 part interview process trying to sell themselves to the club. Surely Arsenal should be trying to sell themselves to the managers especially the state they are in.  The people running the club are clueless which has created this mess with false promises.  

It does actually seem that Arsenal are trying to come across as some sort of European heavyweight that any manager should be proud of being even considered xD

23 minutes ago, shut up said:

Exactly.  People saying why didn't we get Mourinho or ancelotti. Two finished managers who have proven themselves to be one trick ponies.

At this moment we do need an old school coach to come in and get the team organised.  Wenger lost control in the end, Emery tried but failed and now the whole team look like strangers to eachother, the defence is getting worse as is the midfield and we have stopped attacking, we cannot even get shots on target let alone score goals.  I have never in my life seen the team so bad and no team spirit whatsoever. Also for the mess in the board room which has finally now ended up on the pitch.  Its like the board think getting someone who can play pretty football again will solve the issue but I am not sure that is the case as it seems this team needs to go back to basics and people are expecting Arterta to be like Guardiola with this terrible group of players.  Hope I get proved wrong but this could end up as a disaster unless the bad apples are gone in January.  

Edited by Panna King

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

They wouldn't accept that though. They have both signed over 3 year deals.

Well none of those names but Arsenal need stability. Lets see how well the players respect Arteta. It seems as soon as Steve Bould was taken away from the coaching staff it all fell apart.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9e6a3c2d6c12b0211aa6518f41cfbf08.png

Mikel Arteta: Arsenal make contact with Manchester City to make Spaniard next boss

Arsenal's legal team have been in contact with their Manchester City counterparts over Mikel Arteta becoming the next Gunners boss, but there is still no agreement in place.

Arteta has said his farewells to City staff, with the expectation being that he will be unveiled on Friday.

The Spaniard remains under contract as City are still waiting for Arsenal to offer to pay compensation.

Interim boss Freddie Ljungberg had his news conference cancelled on Thursday.

City remains angry at how Arsenal have conducted themselves since Sunday.

The Gunners failed to mention their interest in the 37-year-old succeeding Unai Emery despite the two teams meeting at the Emirates but then sent two senior officials to Manchester for a late-night meeting with Arteta following the champions' 3-0 win in London.

There has still been no call from anyone in a senior position at Arsenal to City, who do not blame Arteta as he has kept manager Pep Guardiola fully informed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50843803

10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.9e6a3c2d6c12b0211aa6518f41cfbf08.png

Mikel Arteta: Arsenal make contact with Manchester City to make Spaniard next boss

Arsenal's legal team have been in contact with their Manchester City counterparts over Mikel Arteta becoming the next Gunners boss, but there is still no agreement in place.

Arteta has said his farewells to City staff, with the expectation being that he will be unveiled on Friday.

The Spaniard remains under contract as City are still waiting for Arsenal to offer to pay compensation.

Interim boss Freddie Ljungberg had his news conference cancelled on Thursday.

City remains angry at how Arsenal have conducted themselves since Sunday.

The Gunners failed to mention their interest in the 37-year-old succeeding Unai Emery despite the two teams meeting at the Emirates but then sent two senior officials to Manchester for a late-night meeting with Arteta following the champions' 3-0 win in London.

There has still been no call from anyone in a senior position at Arsenal to City, who do not blame Arteta as he has kept manager Pep Guardiola fully informed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50843803

Jesus the people making the big decisions at Arsenal truly have no idea what they’re doing, do they?

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

Nothing. Ignore panna king, he's worse than the sun

I dont agree with everything he says, he can go overboard sometimes. 

But come on... Arsenal are like a fish in a desert at the moment. Just flapping around not knowing what the fuck to do.