talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 04/02/2020 at 15:20, JOSHBRFC said:

Can an Arsenal fan explain this?

Was going to say it could just be a case of making sure we got him on the cheap in January rather than him having more options in the summer with the ability to demand higher wages but he actually took part in training this week so the story of him being out for the season aren't true.

Its ridiculous how the once bench warmers at Arsenal like Scezney and Gnabry have turned into starters for potential champions league and league winning teams elsewhere.. I always liked Gnabry when he was at arsenal but never understood why didnt start more ahead of other players.. 

Luckily Saka is starting enough now and I hope they will lock him down on a long term contract.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

Its ridiculous how the once bench warmers at Arsenal like Scezney and Gnabry have turned into starters for potential champions league and league winning teams elsewhere.. I always liked Gnabry when he was at arsenal but never understood why didnt start more ahead of other players.. 

Luckily Saka is starting enough now and I hope they will lock him down on a long term contract.

It is because they were poorly coached and lost their hunger at Arsenal, players became stale at the club when they reached a certain age under Wenger. 

35 minutes ago, Asura said:

Apparently Klopp has aproached Saka's reps? That would be interesting? 

On 27/02/2020 at 13:38, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently Klopp has aproached Saka's reps? That would be interesting? 

yeah been reading news that Saka is being approached by clubs like liverpool and also chelsea... hope he stays, he looks like a good player and become even a lot more better

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Arsenal are officially finished, what the fuck is this? Honestly absolute fucking shambles, why do we make things so hard for ourselves. Cedric getting a four year deal for what? Another player who will be immovable for 4 seasons, Mari has shown nothing to have spent significant money on. That fee could potentially rise to £16m ffs. 

I just hope the Luiz deal means we are binning off other CB's instead. No way we can sustain the amount we have got. Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi and Mavropanos will need their futures sorting. Hopefully the first 3 all go. 

Congratulations to Luiz for stealing a living for another year. Even tough i laughed i feel sorry for the proper Arsenal fans who have been taking this shit for years now. It is clear and obvious that Luiz is past playing for a top club, obviously things behind the scenes at Arsenal are a bigger shamble than what is happening on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Cedric hasn't even played one minute yet has he? Been injured since his loan deal?

Madness.

A player Southampton had no interest in keeping, a player Inter Milan didn't want and got Ashley Young and Victor Moses instead. Absolutely ridiculous. To be fair it's no wonder Minsiltat and Sanllehi are fucking useless, it was that even bigger twat Gazidis who brought them in. At least Minsiltat is gone, Kroenke's have to step in surely this just isn't working. 

Although I have heard Arteta definitely has a say on who we sign, don't think these get done without his permission. This job was far to big for him I'm afraid, not all his fault at all. I hope I'm wrong but I'm already worried about him. 

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Arsenal sign up Luiz on a 1-year extension xD

Joke club. 

Fucking outrageous. I made a joke in the city game thread about this but didn’t actually think Arsenal would be THAT pathetic. Officially done as a top club for for me, you can’t continue to make these sort of signings and expect other players to want to come. 

Reminds me so much of us under Roy Hodgson, where we were fucking god awful and mid table. The signings in that era were disgusting for the most part, Arsenal doing their best to match it. 

Florian Balogun looks to be leaving this summer after failing to agree a new deal. Club don't want to lose him for free, so will sell him this window as he is in the last year of his deal. Its a shame as he is meant to be one of the most talented youngsters at the club but he is competing for a position which has a lot of talent. Hopefully we can get some sell-on clauses/first refusal in to at least protect ourselves. 

Worrying as we still haven't sort out Saka's deal and Aubameyang is also into the last year. Some serious squad management needs to be done this summer.