talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Finally some good news, Saka signing a new deal which is absolutely massive. Glad we got it over the line because the boy is so special. 

Also Ornstein mentions we're stepping up our pursuit of Thomas Party, rumours have been going around for a few moths now. No idea why he wants to come here but would be an incredible signing. People talk about our defence but our midfield needs major surgery, we need at least 2 or 3 new midfielders for me. 

Interesting development here with William Saliba. St.Etienne are in the French Cup final and asked for his loan to be extended to play. An agreement has failed to been reached due to St.Etienne not willing to comply with a training programme and a financial dispute. 

Apparently we owe St.Etienne and extra €2.5m if he plays 17 games and Saliba has played 16. Arsenal were willing to let him play, but St.Etienne still wanted that agreement in place even though the original loan contract had ended. Arsenal refused and now Saliba unfortunately cannot play. A shame for him, but I don't know what they were expecting. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Saka is a shining light in this poor Arsenal side. Very handy to have him tied down to a deal before other clubs come in for him.

He has been very effective at left back, when he has played further forward he doesn't seem to be much involved. 

Some more good contract news again, Martinelli signed a new deal yesterday! I suppose this was to match him up to a squad level player salary to make sure he is happy. Unfortunately out for the rest of the season with an injury, but he had a very good first year at the club. So promising as well, a real electric talent. 

Also rumours of Aubameyang resigning which would be huge. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jack Wilshire really was class as a youngster, shame he didn’t have the mentality to succeed as a top player

Or the fitness.

On 18/07/2020 at 13:11, The Artful Dodger said:

Remember when Arsenal moaned about their European final allocation and then didn’t sell it out...Celtic and Rangers are both bigger clubs. 

That was because of transport issues. Chelsea didn't sell their allocation either 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently we have been linked with coutinho. More than good enough to play for us anyone who thinks differently is delusional but could his attitude cause problems in the dressing room? @LFCMadLad @Dr. Gonzo

Edu is going to be a cancer at your club if he keeps doing these players + agents favors. 

Luiz and now Coutinho and Willian rumored to join you lot. Wow 

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Edu is going to be a cancer at your club if he keeps doing these players + agents favors. 

Luiz and now Coutinho and Willian rumored to join you lot. Wow 

Why would we not want coutinho?

28 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently we have been linked with coutinho. More than good enough to play for us anyone who thinks differently is delusional but could his attitude cause problems in the dressing room? @LFCMadLad @Dr. Gonzo

Coutinho’s a very good player if your attack is built around him. He’s a “traditional” playmaker, when the play runs through him he looks fantastic (and why he’s infinitely better in a central role than out on the left wing.

He was only an issue in the dressing room once Barca turned his head and he decided to fake injury to leave. Now that he’s had his “dream move” and it’s been a bit of a nightmare, he might be less inclined to leave a club rather than spend season after season on loan.

Tbh though, it seems modern football has sort of left his position behind. We improved after he left for Barca where he was never going to be the main man because Messi isn’t just the best goal scorer in the world - he’s also the best playmaker in the world. Bayern don’t really play a system that uses a traditional #10 and he’s just been “okay” there - but poor overall for the wages he’s on.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why would we not want coutinho?

You think buying a Barca and Bayern reject, a player who only thrives in systems being built around him, good enough for you to get back in the top 4? On top of that, Willian? 

I think Liverpool is enough evidence of what happens when you rid a player who is the main focal point and instead strengthen the entire team. 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You think buying a Barca and Bayern reject, a player who only thrives in systems being built around him, good enough for you to get back in the top 4? On top of that, Willian? 

I think Liverpool is enough evidence of what happens when you rid a player who is the main focal point and instead strengthen the entire team. 

Tbf Arsenal need a lot more changes to their midfield (and squad generally) than we did after we sold Coutinho.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think he's more than good enough for arsenal yes. A lot of players aren't good enough for Barcelona or Beyern. I don't think many would disagree with that. As for Willian I know a few Chelsea  fans and watch Chelsea sometimes.  I don't know as much about him as you but your opinion on him doesn't seem to be popular, most people seem to rate him higher than you 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I think Coutinho would be a great signing for Arsenal and no, I dont think his attitude would cause any problems at all, he has a good attitude. 

People seem to believe the media that Coutinho 'faked a back injury to get a move to Barca. The truth though is that the back injury was used by both the player and Liverpool once a mega deal had been struck with Barca. Barca obviously didn't want Coutinho heavily involved in games for us after agreeing to pay £144m for him and risk injury blowing the deal. Us too for that matter. Coutinho and Klopp by all accounts are still in contact with each other which I doubt would be the case had Coutinho 'fucked us over'. It was all a smokescreen basically. 

As for people saying Coutinho is a Barca and Bayern reject... no he's not. His numbers for both clubs are pretty good, Bayerns in particular. Coutinho played in nearly all Bayerns big games. The only reason that move wasn't made permanent was because Bayern simply couldn't afford what Barca wanted for him. Barca only wanted rid because they have signed so many big players for huge transfer fees on huge wages that they had to claw some money back and Coutinho was probably the most dispensable. 

Yeah, if Arsenal sign Coutinho you will have a very very good player on your hands. It was only about 5 months ago that Klopp went on record saying he would love Coutinho back but that a deal was impossible due to how much it would cost at the time. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I think Coutinho would be a great signing for Arsenal and no, I dont think his attitude would cause any problems at all, he has a good attitude. 

People seem to believe the media that Coutinho 'faked a back injury to get a move to Barca. The truth though is that the back injury was used by both the player and Liverpool once a mega deal had been struck with Barca. Barca obviously didn't want Coutinho heavily involved in games for us after agreeing to pay £144m for him and risk injury blowing the deal. Us too for that matter. Coutinho and Klopp by all accounts are still in contact with each other which I doubt would be the case had Coutinho 'fucked us over'. It was all a smokescreen basically. 

As for people saying Coutinho is a Barca and Bayern reject... no he's not. His numbers for both clubs are pretty good, Bayerns in particular. Coutinho played in nearly all Bayerns big games. The only reason that move wasn't made permanent was because Bayern simply couldn't afford what Barca wanted for him. Barca only wanted rid because they have signed so many big players for huge transfer fees on huge wages that they had to claw some money back and Coutinho was probably the most dispensable. 

Yeah, if Arsenal sign Coutinho you will have a very very good player on your hands. It was only about 5 months ago that Klopp went on record saying he would love Coutinho back but that a deal was impossible due to how much it would cost at the time. 

Like i said even if he didnt make it at Barcelona or beyern doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Sanchez was one of our best players in recent times and he didnt make it at Barcelona. I just think anyone who thinks he isn't good enough for us must think it is still 2004 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Like i said even if he didnt make it at Barcelona or beyern doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Sanchez was one of our best players in recent times and he didnt make it at Barcelona. I just think anyone who thinks he isn't good enough for us must think it is still 2004 

He would probably instantly become Arsenal's best player. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

He would probably instantly become Arsenal's best player. 

Certainly good enough to help us make top 4. Plus might make aubameyang stay. 

Edited by Guest