talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

A player trying to force a move away because they regret the contract they signed with a club makes the player a cunt. A club trying to force a player out because they regret the contract they signed with a player also makes the player a cunt. Football logic. xD

Honestly though, the club have been behaving in a shithouse way regarding Ozil. The contract exists. Deal with it.

16 minutes ago, shut up said:

I was told the Aubemeyang contract decision would be announced today.

what's taking so long :35_thinking:

Either he's really taking the piss or it's gonna be announced soon.

Edited by 6666

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

yeah, you're right, we should just let him go for free next season. 

he'll still be the best striker in the league at 34 :coffee:

He's not even the best striker in the league now :ay:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, shut up said:

yeah, you're right, we should just let him go for free next season. 

he will be 33 when his contract runs out not 34. he'll still be the best striker in the league at 33 :coffee:

He's 34 the day after his 33rd birthday 

The geezer scored 29 goals last season, he’s worth what they’re paying and Arsenal need him as otherwise where else do they get a world class striker from?

He’ll bag plenty for them for at least the next two seasons which is what they’ll need should they get top 4

• Upvote 2

He’s been tearing up the league since he joined, it’s hardly money for old rope. Like Storts said, Arsenal really had little choice than make him their highest paid player. Once Ozil fucks off they will be laughing. 

The decision to sell Martinez is a bizarre one though. Hasn’t he been brilliant? Even heard shouts he should be ahead of Leno. Then again, Martinez’s stock is at an all time high and Leno is younger and probably has a higher ceiling I suppose. Think I just answer my own question haha. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rick said:

The decision to sell Martinez is a bizarre one though. Hasn’t he been brilliant? Even heard shouts he should be ahead of Leno. Then again, Martinez’s stock is at an all time high and Leno is younger and probably has a higher ceiling I suppose. Think I just answer my own question haha. 

Leno is the better keeper but Martinez did fill in brilliantly. Would much rather keep both but the second choice keeper doesn't play much and I guess the club sees cashing on a playing that doesn't play much as a win especially as we need to raise funds if we want to buy.

I actually prefer Martinez to Leno but if the club has had to make that decision I can see why they have chosen Leno. £20m is a pretty decent fee all in, apparently we are after Alex Runarsson from Dijon although Raya didn't feature for Brentford yesterday. Hopefully we don't waste too much on a new back-up and it goes towards a midfielder. 

We do desparately need to get rid of players, if we buy a non-homegrown GK we will have 20 in the squad and the most you can have is 17. So at least 4 or 5 have to go to get new players in.