talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Even when Arsenal get constantly outspent in both.

This is how bad Wenger is doing because he is the "manager" and controls all aspects as he doesn't want a technical director.

The FA Cup is a wonderful thing to win and nobody has said it isn't.  But (I know you've heard it before and it's probably a bore) we are the sixth richest football club in the world and we are underperforming by comparison.  We aren't and haven't been for a while, competing with the rest while others that make much less money than us are competing.

You really do think Wenger is what he was once, don't you.  Football has moved on and that isn't a cliché...  It actually has!  We have an antiquated structure at the club and what's worse is that we are fed lies year after year with Chaaay pointing one of many out only today.

Anyway...  It's beyond hope.  He's signed a new two year contract.  Let's see what he does!  Let's see ey!  Let's see what he does.  He's the one in charge.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is how bad Wenger is doing because he is the "manager" and controls all aspects as he doesn't want a technical director.

The FA Cup is a wonderful thing to win and nobody has said it isn't.  But (I know you've heard it before and it's probably a bore) we are the sixth richest football club in the world and we are underperforming by comparison.  We aren't and haven't been for a while, competing with the rest while others that make much less money than us are competing.

You really do think Wenger is what he was once, don't you.  Football has moved on and that isn't a cliché...  It actually has!  We have an antiquated structure at the club and what's worse is that we are fed lies year after year with Chaaay pointing one of many out only today.

Anyway...  It's beyond hope.  He's signed a new two year contract.  Let's see what he does!  Let's see ey!  Let's see what he does.  He's the one in charge.

But you can't point out where all these millions of pounds that you aren't spending must be or are going to..

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

But you can't point out where all these millions of pounds that you aren't spending must be or are going to..

I've never said we aren't spending money.  I've said quite the opposite!  We spend tons load and especially on wages.  We are badly managed.

Edited by SirBalon

• Subscriber

So where do people want to go in the Europa League? Azerbaijan is lovely in the Autumn, perhaps a trip to Kazakhstan? Maybe head over to Moldova. Let me know Arsenal fans, which Europa League group games would you like?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Storts said:

So where do people want to go in the Europa League? Azerbaijan is lovely in the Autumn, perhaps a trip to Kazakhstan? Maybe head over to Moldova. Let me know Arsenal fans, which Europa League group games would you like?

Could be an interesting last 16 tie with Tottenham when they're once again hopeless in trying to get out of a CL group that they're favourites for. :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Does this do more harm than good, when your owner begs fans to support a manager...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40454116

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has begged fans to support manager Arsene Wenger and says the club are looking to sign "top-quality" players.

Wenger, 67, signed a new two-year deal with the club in May, despite protests from some supporters, and says Arsenal can win the Premier League next year.

Arsenal won the FA Cup but failed to make the Champions League for the first time in Wenger's reign last season.

"I want the atmosphere to be united," Gazidis said at a fans' event.

"It has been a struggle because we haven't had that. There has been disagreement. There has been a lack of unity and dissatisfaction. The board knows that.

"I beg you, please come together and give our manager and this team support."

Arsenal have agreed to sign Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer and had a bid rejected for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Wenger has also said contract talks will take place this summer with forward Alexis Sanchez and midfielder Mesut Ozil, who are entering the final year of their deals.

"We're looking for top-quality players," added Gazidis.

"We've got three times as many scouts as we had four years ago. I believe that to be a world-class football club, you've got to be world class off the pitch."

How long have they been looking to sign 'top-class' players? Maybe it's time to face the reality that they can't attract those 'top-class' players like they used to be able to because there are other clubs in the division (CHelsea, City, Utd mainly) who are more attractive. And obviously many other clubs around Europe who said players would prefer to go to. 

He is scum for insinuating that the fans support has absolutely anything to do with how last season panned out. How about he takes a far longer period into account and also tries to explain why out club charges its fans one of the highest fees to attend the games, how the 6th richest club is enshrouded in mediocrity and WHY our manager is the third highest paid in his profession anywhere in the world!

You'd think we were keeping Wenger at Arsenal by supplementing with money so as to stay because we're a Bournemouth type club.

Don't give me shit! I ain't falling for it.  

13 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Very underwhelming in my opinion, we could've easily brought him in the last two seasons and didn't so why the change now? Especially with all the talk Sanchez is going, this would be a poor replacement.

Indeed if he was that good there be the guys in for him. Its like when Arsenal replaced Van persie with Giroud.   Wenger has not got a clue when it comes to replacing players.  Arsenal still have not replaced Adams, Henry, Vieria or even a Dennis Bergamp.

Edited by VanPanna

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Very underwhelming in my opinion, we could've easily brought him in the last two seasons and didn't so why the change now? Especially with all the talk Sanchez is going, this would be a poor replacement.

He has nothing whatsoever to do with Alexis Sánchez, so he isn't a replacement for him. I would expect he's a replacement for Giroud. 

I'm at a stage where I couldn't give a damn to be honest mate. We are bloody predictable and boring. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He has nothing whatsoever to do with Alexis Sánchez, so he isn't a replacement for him. I would expect he's a replacement for Giroud. 

I'm at a stage where I couldn't give a damn to be honest mate. We are bloody predictable and boring. 

Or Sanogos replacement lol

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest he isn't even in upgrade on Giroud. I'd say they're the same calibre of player. If we do lose Alexis it would be a mistake to let Giroud go as well. I fully believe Lacazette will be our big signing to combat the loss of Sanchez.

They're different types of strikers and Lacazette probably fits the way we generally want to play better. Selling Giroud would make no sense though regardless of who we brought in. Lacazette, Giroud & Welbeck as our striking options is decent.

They were saying his stats last night. His conversion rate is only 2% more than geroud. I'm glad we're getting another striker but not overly exited about him but time will tell. No had even heard of anelka when wenger bought him

On 13/06/2017 at 8:03 PM, SirBalon said:

I've never said we aren't spending money.  I've said quite the opposite!  We spend tons load and especially on wages.  We are badly managed.

Yeah but we are not spending as much as utd and city. Not sure about chelsea liverpool amd spurs. Admitidly last year was dissapointing but we did win the cup

Lyon president has said the deal won't be more than €50m. Decent deal in today's market if true. Less than Ozil in terms of Euros but maybe more in terms of Pounds. Not a record transfer but still a record transfer...

Interested to know why we have signed him now when he has been there for the last two seasons. I genuinely think the club and Wenger are scrambling now, just getting anyone they can who has a name. I just don't think he is a £55m player, we will probably get less for Alexis if he goes. Hope he proves me wrong and I hope he is worthy of the price-tag.

I'd rather see us invest smartly then go for the typical. Smart investment is imperative in our current situation.

56 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Interested to know why we have signed him now when he has been there for the last two seasons. I genuinely think the club and Wenger are scrambling now, just getting anyone they can who has a name. I just don't think he is a £55m player, we will probably get less for Alexis if he goes. Hope he proves me wrong and I hope he is worthy of the price-tag.

I'd rather see us invest smartly then go for the typical. Smart investment is imperative in our current situation.

Wenger has been after Lacazette for awhile.  There was £29m bid rejected by Lyon last year I believe.