talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 03/07/2021 at 09:03, Chaaay AFC said:

I do hope this involves some sort of contract extension otherwise he may never play a game for us. Our handling of his career so far has been a car crash. No idea why we don't integrate him? He is still very young but he is easily good enough to be third choice, especially when you consider we still have Mari and Holding on the books. Not to mention it looks like our answer to this problem is Ben White who has less top flight experience then Saliba and is only a few years older... 

Has to be one of the strangest buys the club have ever made, its clears Arteta doesnt want him anywhere near his squad. 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair to Arteta, I can't think of any central defenders that play for a top six club that have started more than 15 games last season under the age of 21. If you want to get back to your previous stature maybe it's for the best.

tenor.gif

On 03/07/2021 at 09:03, Chaaay AFC said:

I do hope this involves some sort of contract extension otherwise he may never play a game for us. Our handling of his career so far has been a car crash. No idea why we don't integrate him? He is still very young but he is easily good enough to be third choice, especially when you consider we still have Mari and Holding on the books. Not to mention it looks like our answer to this problem is Ben White who has less top flight experience then Saliba and is only a few years older... 

Marseille taking advantage of Arteta falling out with players. Guendouzi and Saliba on loan. Won't be surprised if they're continually loaned out until their contracts run out because the club is run by idiots. Maitland-Niles will probably be loaned out next. Need to make space and not make any money before we spend a lot of money on Kia Joorabchian clients. What a plan.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Arsenal will be the subject of Amazon's 'All or Nothing' series for next season.

At least we'll get to see some of the mess behind the scenes, although with cameras around people will probably portray some sort of sense. Would've been more entertaining last season though with the club desperately forcing players out of the club.

I know a lot of people who started watching football from late 90s & early 2000s support Arsenal. Still stick with them

Didn't experience the same with Chelsea and Man City. Very rarely see someone supporting them even people from time of their rise. 

I'm trying to be optimistic about this season. For me though it has to get better. I dont think we can stick with arteta if we get another 8th place finish. I dont expect to get in the champions league but there has to be improvement 

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

It's only a pre season friendly so not gonna worry to much but losing to hibs is a bad result. Currently 2.1 i think and pepe missed a penalty 

6 hours ago, McAzeem said:

I know a lot of people who started watching football from late 90s & early 2000s support Arsenal. Still stick with them

Didn't experience the same with Chelsea and Man City. Very rarely see someone supporting them even people from time of their rise. 

Chelsea and City, but especially Chelsea, are very popular in the US. City is really really popular in China. Honestly, though, all the big English sides seem pretty popular in China. The two Spanish giants and the big Italian clubs too. I think with Chelsea, the first and second Mourinho eras were when English football really gained popularity in the US - which is why a lot of the people in the US I know that follow football seem to have picked Chelsea.

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

I’m genuinely looking forward to this ‘all or nothing’ Arsenal adaptation. 

It’s going to be fun. 

Does this potential Maddison signing mean bye bye to Smith Rowe? 

They are looking to buy Ramsdale for £30m apparently, he’d be alright for us in the Championship but I’d bite their hand off for a fee like that..

Especially given our £18m fee was crazy money in the first place for him when Chelsea are signing Mendy for £22m and Villa signing Martinez for £17m, the English player tax just isn’t worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Can’t read too much into it obviously as it’s just pre season but are you concerned? You looked absolutely awful today and I gather in pre season in general. Don’t see any sign of progression 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Can’t read too much into it obviously as it’s just pre season but are you concerned? You looked absolutely awful today and I gather in pre season in general. Don’t see any sign of progression 

Being concerned is just normal now. The fact that the results are still quite close and the game against Chelsea basically would be a draw in proper competition makes it look like we at least keep the score down and that's exactly how Arteta wants to play. Made sense for the first few months under his management as everyone thought he's bringing stability first and then he'll build on it but he seems to be content with it.

A team full of attacking midfielders that gets caught out on the counter was a great period for us. We're not even as good as 5 years ago right now.

• Upvote 1