talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Barcelona interested in Aubameyang & willing to offer Coutinho as part exchange? 

If true, Arsenal should be all over that deal. 

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about that. Wasn't a massive fan of Coutinho even when he was at Liverpool. Pjanic would be a better fit.

None of it is true though according to Fabrizio Romano.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Gunnersauraus, @6666, @shut up ... any other Arsenal fans I may have missed - how do you feel about signing Odegaard full time? I don't really know how he was during his loan - I assume better than Ceballos, though?

He was alright, I don't think it's a bad signing considering the price and with his potential as he is only 22. Not entirely sure he is what we need though, not sure he is enough of a goal threat especially as ESR and Saka will play a lot of football. Would've rather splashed the extra for Maddison personally. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shut up said:

Odegaard for that price is a no brainer tbh. £30m for a player with his potential seems like good business and means we're not relying on ESR and Saka as much.

I'm not that much of a fan of Maddison. He's certainly not a £60m player anyway. If we can get Ramsdale for under £25m, & sign a quality RB it's been a good window for us. 

£30m total including £6m for appearances, still an odd one for Arsenal as Ramsdale has no in-between, he’s either really good or a total disaster, could be on the end of some proper AFTV meltdowns and has been relegated twice. I suppose if he’s needed for the HGQ then fair enough but we won’t miss him, so that in itself speaks volumes, our ‘Premier League’ buys under Wilder were all shite basically.

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

How good can he become? 

He’s a good short distance shot stopper and can pass a bit, Arsenal scouts probably like the fact it’s possible to play from the back with him. Unlike our last keeper Henderson who couldn’t really do that but was phenomenal at everything else unlike Ramsdale who is prone to error, especially when trying to command his area and deal with crosses etc.

Sure, he’s still young.. you never know, but honestly still baffles me why you’re doing it. We’ll see. 

• 2 weeks later...

AMN plotting an escape. Can't blame him with him being used as a fringe player now. Was playing for England last year. Don't really know why Arteta doesn't rate him. Talented player that can do a good job in a lot of positions.

Hope we don't sell him because of Arteta. Same with Guendouzi.

• Subscriber

Seems an odd move for Arteta to stonewall the loan to Everton for him when he barely gets a game and Chambers is apparently ahead of him at right back. Coleman is our only right back apart from Jonjoe Kenny who we've been trying to sell/loan out for the last couple of seasons. It's a really good opportunity for the player and you can't blame him for wanting to go and get some game time at a decent side. The only thing that makes sense really is if Arteta is that dead set on strengthening a team he sees as a rival. It's not the first time that he's struck me as being needlessly stubborn almost to make a point of a relatively minor matter.

Maitland-Niles has been very direct with that Instagram post. As much as I sympathise with his situation, I'm not a fan of that sort of airing your dirty laundry in public. It's slowly starting to get more common from players now. Agents starting to realise that it's actually a minor tool in their armoury when they want to force a move. Publicly announcing you're unhappy through social media and thus reducing your value to your current club. It's unprofessional and a bit grubby in my opinion.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Maitland-Niles has been very direct with that Instagram post. As much as I sympathise with his situation, I'm not a fan of that sort of airing your dirty laundry in public. It's slowly starting to get more common from players now. Agents starting to realise that it's actually a minor tool in their armoury when they want to force a move. Publicly announcing you're unhappy through social media and thus reducing your value to your current club. It's unprofessional and a bit grubby in my opinion.

I agree it's unprofessional and grubby... but at the same time, I think many people think about the loyalty that players give to their clubs without really thinking about whether the clubs are being all that loyal to their players.

Maitland-Niles is out of favour and wants to play. He's not getting time on the pitch at Arsenal, he sought a loan move - which in theory should benefit all parties (he gets to play more, another club gets a player they see value in, Arsenal get to keep ahold of the player and his value is maintained or boosted if he does well on loan). Arsenal said "nah, you can't move out on loan" - putting him in this position of either accepting that he won't play much this season or needing to weasel a way out of his club. Is the club being loyal to him in refusing to let him develop his career when it looks like there's very limited opportunities at Arsenal to do so? I'd argue... to an extent, yeah - I think the club views loyalty as a bit of a one-way street.

So many football clubs are guilty of this really.

Sadly, I think too many agents have told players to do anything to get a move away other than submitting an official transfer request - so as to not lose their "loyalty bonus." I think submitting official transfer requests is the right thing to do in these situations. If you want a move and the club doesn't want to give you that move, you should be willing to forgo whatever the "loyalty bonus" is to get the move away you want.

These amounts must be fairly substantial where you've got players willingly coming out and looking openly unprofessional - because I'm not sure it's the best look in the eyes of a future employer seeing this kind of stuff. But it's clearly something that works for so many players and agents... I think it's a part of football that's here to stay, right or wrong.

I feel for AMN, he’s made it clear several times he wants to play and this is the going to be the second season in a row chances are going to be slim.

A good coach should be able to create a system that incorporates the clubs future talents, not sell them/bench them because they don’t fit his limited playing style. He should be looking to give AMN game time and should never have sold Willock.

Tomiyasu coming in from Bologna. Don't know much about him but seems to have decent pace, decent dribbling, and some killer cheekbones.

Bellerin off to Betis on loan. Another one where I don't know why Arteta prefers someone like Cedric over him but hope Bellerin can find some form over in Spain.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sky Sports have been replaying an interview with Ben White where he tells them his birth name is Benjamin.

How the mighty have fallen.

Screenshot_20211015-101216_WhatsApp.jpg

It's one of the most tone deaf interviews I've ever heard over something so trivial, so fair play to Sky for knocking that one out of the park, asking questions like "why do you want to be called your name?"

Prior to that they were telling us if Raheem Sterling moves abroad it will be to someone like PSG or Barcelona because he is, surprisingly, one of the best players in the world.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...