talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 24/12/2021 at 19:30, Waylander said:

Being a match going Chelsea fan since late 80s to late 90s have disliked most Arsenal fans (present forum members excepted) thought Arteta would improve Arsenal and then thought he would not make it re the bad press.

Glad to see he has been given time and think he is improving them with a young team which have not peaked though shows a lot of potential.

Never rated Lacazette though think in this side he fits in much better.

Don't think they will get silverware this season have a reasonable shout for top 4 probably just missing out. 

I'd really like to win the league cup. Top 4 is priority but a cup would be nice. We seem to be improving. Which is nice because it gives you a bit of hope. 

23 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd really like to win the league cup. Top 4 is priority but a cup would be nice. We seem to be improving. Which is nice because it gives you a bit of hope. 

Only ten days to go for the semifinal versus Liverpool. It's really important this match... Come on Arsenal, we could do to it!!!

2 hours ago, EDT The Wall said:

Only ten days to go for the semifinal versus Liverpool. It's really important this match... Come on Arsenal, we could do to it!!!

I'm very confused mate. Your profile says you are a liverpool fan 

• 2 weeks later...

The player in question was the only Arsenal player to get a yellow card against Leeds. He got away without a yellow card for a ridiculous stamp on Raphinha's ankle and then later spent about 20 seconds dithering over a free kick in Arsenals half.

Firstly, who the fuck time wastes in the 86th minute when 4-1 up against a team ravaged by injuries and kids playing?

Secondly, I remember at the time thinking how the fuck did he get away with the Raphinha challenge because it was vintage Xhaka, reckless. There was uproar when Joe Gelhardt got booked for dishing some back later in the half.

Thirdly, at a time when they have cowardly backed out the North London derby, this negativity really doesn't look good for Arsenal and needs explaining.

It's important at this stage not to overreact till the proof comes out but if this turns out to be true and Xhaka is in on this, he needs to be given a serious ban. This is no better for me than drug taking. The square root is still cheating.

P.S Ban Andre Marriner. Xhaka was trying to get booked by taking out Raphinha and he still missed giving him a yellow xD

Oh, and give us our 3pts, you cheating postponing bastards.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

It's important at this stage not to overreact till the proof comes out but if this turns out to be true and Xhaka is in on this, he needs to be given a serious ban. This is no better for me than drug taking. The square root is still cheating.

That's not true at all though is it? It might be cheating to get money from gambling but it doesn't affect the game at all whereas taking sports enhancing drugs would. Should be punished if he was in on something dodgy but let's not pretend he did anything to gain an advantage in the game. If anything, it'd be a case of making it more difficult for Arsenal going forward with an extra booking to his name.

3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Maybe Xhaka is actually a great player and all the stupid things he's done to lose us matches over the years were done on purpose to win money...

He's a great player either way and has been a key part of a lot more wins than losses but maybe this isn't a time to mention that...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...