talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

11 minutes ago, shut up said:

Yeah, when Juventus were one of the best teams in the world, not when they're battling for europa league spots

Football doesn't really work like that - a player on a team is just one individual part of a collection of players that make up the whole of the team. There can be good players on bad teams and bad players on good teams (although there'll be less bad players on good teams generally, as good players usually make up good sides). Henry (and Bergkamp) were shit in Italy and brilliant at Arsenal.

And for what it's worth, Juve are only 1 point off CL places in 5th place. Arsenal are 2 points off 4th place in 6th place.

You never really know how a player will do after a move until after they've moved and started to play. I wouldn't write off a player just because they're coming from a side that's not a top side in that league (and Juve's period of being substandard is substantially shorter than your own period of being substandard).

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's wrong with Kulusevski? 

Dunno, we're not too far removed from him looking brilliant at Atalanta. But the man who was excited about Willian reinforcing his attack thinks that

27 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's shite

But either way, the BBC make it sound like he's on his way to Spurs and not Arsenal.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, shut up said:

No idea why you keep bringing Willian up. He had a good last season at Chelsea, and was literally their best player statistically. They offered him a new two year deal for a reason

Kuluveski was voted Juventus worst signing of the decade by a Juve supporters group. He's a spurs type of signing tbf. About his level

I haven't brought Willian up for a while until just now?

But I don't think Chelsea fans like @Ciceroor @Bluewolfwould agree that he was their best player that season, regardless of statistics. Chelsea offered him a 2 year deal, but they also didn't offer him what he wanted in terms of wages because they didn't think he was worth what was being offered.

Just saying it seems a bit strange to be excited about a rival's castoff, despite being a fan of the same league and probably having a lot more opportunities to watch him/them play rather than just rely purely on statistics... but be less excited about signing a player from a big club in Italy. I definitely think there's a more clear upside to this signing than Willian. Whereas with Willian, best case scenario, you'd be getting that inconsistent player from Chelsea that left their fans frustrated more often than not.

17 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian was never a world class player, and could be frustrating at times, but he was still a regular starter for one of the best teams in the country, and *think* he had his best ever season in a Chelsea shirt, hence why they offered him a two year deal. Not sure you know what cast off means. In hindsight, him going to Arsenal saved Chelsea £££ & they're probably grateful he did leave

Kuluveski can't get a game for a side that's fighting for 5th place, and Juve are offering him out to anybody that will listen (apparently). When he does gets minutes, he looks terrible. If you rate him so much, then better hope he's Salah's replacement 

Salah plays on the other side typically, but okay xD. And it's so much that I rate Kuleveski as a world class talent - it's more me not rating your hot takes on players.

Gini Wijnaldum and Andy Robertson both joined us after getting relegated, Ramsdale was being relegated twice before joining Arsenal. Henry at Juve looked more shite than Pepe does with you now, despite Juve being one of the best sides in the world at the time. Are those players flops? Nah.

There's more to judging a player's individual qualities than looking at the side they play for, it's not exactly rocket science.

I don’t know who this Juve midfielder is but what is clear is that Arsenal need a starting centre mid with Partey and will need to replace Xhaka in the Summer, maybe Elneny too. Getting a squad CM in a window early isn’t bad business at all.

I’m fact the last two transfer windows have been very successful for Edu and Arteta, don’t know how you can skate what they’ve done here.

• Subscriber
On 28/01/2022 at 23:21, shut up said:

No idea why you keep bringing Willian up. He had a good last season at Chelsea, and was literally their best player statistically. They offered him a new two year deal for a reason

Kuluveski was voted Juventus worst signing of the decade by a Juve supporters group. He's a spurs type of signing tbf. About his level

I mean our level is above you. So that makes sense. Too good for you 

Kulusevki wouldn't make sense as a signing as a wide player isn't what we need. He has talent and could do well in a different system in a different league but he's not a priority.

With how Arteta has fallen out with Aubameyang and with Lacazette & Nketiah's contracts ending, it's obvious what position we need a signing. Vlahovic would've been great but that always looked beyond us. Fingers crossed for Isak.

• Upvote 1

We absolutely suck at negotiations. I know we want to save on wages but we could've done better than giving him away. The man went to visit his mum and we used that as a way to force him out. Released a statement as soon as possible to paint him in a negative light.

The people that run this club right now are dickheads. That's for sure.

We gave away our top striker for free and Lacazette's contract is ending... they must have someone lined up.

Edited by 6666

14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

This club is a joke. Our best shot at getting top 4 in years and instead of improving the squad in January we make it worse.

Who do you bring in that realistically improves it straight away?

Seen shouts for Calvert-Lewin but he’s too one dimensional 

Let's hope Lacazette stays fit for the rest of the season... Maybe we'll try Martinelli as a striker or maybe even Pepe and it'll all work out. Or maybe it's all as stupid as it seems.

Edited by 6666

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

Who do you bring in that realistically improves it straight away?

Seen shouts for Calvert-Lewin but he’s too one dimensional 

Given Guimaraes went to Newcastle, there's one... 

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Let's hope Lacazette stays fit for the rest of the season... Maybe we'll try Martinelli as a striker or maybe even Pepe and it'll all work out. Or maybe it's all as stupid as it seems.

Aubameyang was in terrible form. To be honest nketiah would be a better option at the moment . We definitely need another striker though I agree