talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is a DM what they really need in January? Plus Newcastle means ££££

Probably not the highest priority but it definitely would have improved them. Partey has about 1 good game every now and then. He'd be a better option.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably not the highest priority but it definitely would have improved them. Partey has about 1 good game every now and then. He'd be a better option.

Maybe, but I don't think the signing is urgent and again you pay a January premium anyway, let alone the premium of competing with Newcastle's wage and bonus scheme.

I don't think signing a CM for them right now would make a massive difference unless they were to bring in someone who would make the type of difference Fernandes made at United and that's a difficult transfer to make. I think they were right to try for a striker but obviously can't compete with Juve, again don't think they should bring anyone else in that's not at that level just to appease fans and still not get top 4.

So let me get this straight.

Arsenal, who have positioned themselves well to be in a Top 4 battle this 2nd half of the season, just paid off the remaining 8 million of Aubameyang's contract and are now relying on only Lacazette and Nketiah up top. They had a paper thin squad already before January, now they are worse off. 

Well done Edu. United and Spurs thank you. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So let me get this straight.

Arsenal, who have positioned themselves well to be in a Top 4 battle this 2nd half of the season, just paid off the remaining 8 million of Aubameyang's contract and are now relying on only Lacazette and Nketiah up top. They had a paper thin squad already before January, now they are worse off. 

Well done Edu. United and Spurs thank you. 

And Lacazette set to go in summer?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An important and under appreciated player who reinvented his game to become a foil for the rest of the attack. Wish him well wherever he goes.

We definitely need to bring someone (or two) in. No clue who that might be at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy links with Raphinha now as well. Don't know what we're gonna end up with but I wasn't expecting us to be this aggressive this window. Especially without Champions' League football.

Makes me think someone must be leaving.... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE SAKA!!!

Ever since Edu and Arteta solely took over the transfer business at Arsenal the direction the club has gone in has been really healthy, by the end of this window they could have a squad that will be filled with players with big growth but also major sell on value in the coming years. Considering Arsenal are leaving the period of Lacazette, Aubameyang, Ozil, Willian, Luiz etc the squad is moving in a really healthy direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they will be hard pressed to do better than last year's 5th place finish.

I understand Arsenal have improved but 3 of the 4 teams that finished above them last year, City, Spurs and Chelsea have also improved.  Liverpool is just better over all even if they have replaced Mane with the Uruguayan Andy Carrol and while it maybe hope more than anything else United can't be as bad under Ten Hag as they were last year.

Edited by Redcanuck

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's fucked up because I was on another website a few weeks ago just browsing and the internet detectives had already fingered Partey as the rapist that was reported.