talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Long way to go but Arsenal have to be favourites now?

No. Have to play you lot twice and our squad isn't that deep. Hopefully we add a couple more in January but Man City are still favourites.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Outside of the stadium has looked rundown and pretty shit for a while now, this is a good upgrade. They just need to sort the the lower gray wall timeline they have that's faded.

Looks really nice on the graphic, and a classy idea to honour their past.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

A little surprised given how highly rated he once was.

Buy back clause?

Does seem weird that between the League Cup, Champions League group stages and league congestion that they can’t make room for him

Edited by Danny

From what I hear, he did well at Blackpool and wants to play more minutes and he doesn't think he'll get that at Arsenal. Hope he does get a chance though. Has a lot of potential.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Zinchenko being a moronic idiot and doing an interview with Piers Morgan. Saying all Russian & Belorussian athletes should be banned from sport. Rightly getting called a clown in response by everyone. Club even deleted a birthday message to Arshavin which is just embarrassing.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Approx £200m already spent by Arteta - Rice, Havertz, Timber.

Wonder who else they'll get to bump up that spending tally. 

What's the minimum for Arsenal this season, I wonder? Title challenge and silverware? Pressure on Arteta you'd imagine to build on last season... 

I think Arsenal will be as good as they were last season and will deal with the Champions League fairly well. I think their squad has youth and development on their side in which a lot of players should be able to step up to the demands of what will be expected for most of them.

Timber is a great addition and gives them competition, flexibility and genuine quality in a defence that lacks it past the starting 4. Havertz I think is also a great signing which means they don't need to rely on someone like Fabio Vieira as much.

Rice will give them defensive protection and will probably be better at that than Partey, but I'm not sold on his passing. Great number 6's are creators as well as defenders, players like Busquets or Rodri for example. I've not seen that in Rice yet. Not to say he can't achieve that, there's also every chance that playing for Southgate and Moyes means he's asked mostly to keep it simple and direct. But with the way Arsenal play and pin teams back they will need a number 6 that can unlock defences too.

With the team below I'd say that the midfield still looks a bit light, especially with the chance of losing Partey. But then if they played with a back 3 instead then that midfield doesn't need to be much stronger defensively, but I do think Tomiyasu is a bit of a liability and Kiwior massively unproven. But let's see with him.

Martinelli     Gabriel     Saka

Trossard      Nketiah    Havertz

Smith-Rowe  Balogun   Nelson 

Havertz     Rice     Odegaard

Jorginho   Partey     Vieira  

Zinchenko  Gabriel  Saliba  White

Tierney       Kiwior    Timber   Tomiyasu

Ramsdale

I think the squad looks good but there definitely will be a few leaving. Some won't be a massive loss as there's just no spot for them anymore for one reason or another. Only name at the moment we'd need to replace if sold is Partey. Hopefully we don't sell him though as he was great for us last season but I maybe the money from Saudi will be too good to turn down.

The target has to be another title challenge. It is a lot of money for England's CM. And Havertz does not seem quite the player he was supposed to be, but he is certainly not a striker. I that has been obvious for a long time to everyone outside Chelsea. I would be very surprised if Arsenal play him there, except in any emergency.

But for me, I do see them staying ahead of Man United & Liverpool. I think Chelsea & Spurs have a journey ahead to get to where they may want to be. Newcastle still have not really made a crazy game changing signing.

• 2 weeks later...