talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Arsenal cleary have already agreed someone probably a year ago, they have cleared already out the backroom staff,  Signed a few players that Wenger didnt have anything to do with, they also have sorted other staff out regarding scouting etc and director of football.    

21 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think it makes sense for the club in general. Firstly Ivan has built a whole new backroom team, he is going to want a coach who is willing to fit into that system, not another Wenger. A big name coach like Allegri or Enrique I'd imagine in our current state would want a lot of leverage in terms of transfers and staff.

Also I think Josh Kroenke is a major figure in the club now and the Kroenke's NFL franchise thrived last season hiring a young and inexperienced coach.

I'm not saying I agree with it and I think maybe a more experienced man may be needed in this situation, but sometimes it's about giving someone a chance.

Nobody knows what could happen with any coach big or small, experienced or inexperienced mate. What I personally think though is that we do need someone the players respect massively and this comes from a big name with a decent amount of experience. Many of our present players need to believe the club is looking to go forward and not to bring in a man that will be submissive (to the board) so as to get his big chance at a major brand name.  I may be wrong, probably am...  But that's how I feel.

The problem is that if its true we have very little to spend respective of today's crazy prices in the transfer market, then a big name is very doubtful indeed.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Nobody knows what could happen with any coach big or small, experienced or inexperienced mate. What I personally think though is that we do need someone the players respect massively and this comes from a big name with a decent amount of experience. Many of our present players need to believe the club is looking to go forward and not to bring in a man that will be submissive (to the board) so as to get his big chance at a major brand name.  I may be wrong, probably am...  But that's how I feel.

The problem is that if its true we have very little to spend respective of today's crazy prices in the transfer market, then a big name is very doubtful indeed.

I give it six months next season, depending who the manager is and how much Arsenal spend, the fans will turn on Kroenke and the board, but there will be no support for them like there was with Wenger. 

Edited by Panna King

• 3 weeks later...

Seems as though we have got this over the line. Very promising player apparently and PSG were desperate to keep him. Obviously I haven't seen much of him, but considering he has seemed to have chosen us maybe we could see him in them first team next season in some capacity.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Interesting, genuinely thought it would be the other way round. Thought Bould might try he's hand at management, but I suppose it's a positive as he will at least bring some continuity. He is very well regarded by the players.

"First team coaches Neil Banfield, Tony Colbert, Jens Lehmann, Gerry Peyton and Boro Primorac; Head of Medical Services, Colin Lewin; Physiotherapists Andy Rolls and Ben Ashworth; Osteopath Dr Philippe Boixel and Travel Manager Paul Johnson have left the club."

Hopefully our injury record will improve 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good warm up for the start of pre-season with an 8-0 win against Boreham Wood. Aubameyang with a hatTrick in the first 20 mins.

No easy warm ups for the rest of pre-season. Atletico Madrid next followed by PSG, Chelsea & then Sevilla.

Hope we don't try and prove too much of a point in those games and just make sure the squad are sharp for Man City.

Edited by 6666

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

Good warm up for the start of pre-season with an 8-0 win against Boreham Wood. Aubameyang with a hatTrick in the first 20 mins.

No easy warm ups for the rest of pre-season. Atletico Madrid next followed by PSG, Chelsea & then Sevilla.

Hope we don't try and prove too much of a point in those games and just made sure the squad are sharp for Man City.

Was that emeries first game?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

the news Arsenal fans have been waiting for...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45060242

Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi has signed a new "long-term" deal with the club, reportedly until 2023.

The 22-year-old Nigeria international has played 98 games, scoring nines goals, since making his debut in 2015.

"From young, it has always been my dream to represent Arsenal," said Iwobi. "It feels so special. The first kit I had was of Arsenal and long may I continue to represent them."

Boss Unai Emery said: "I'm very pleased Alex has signed a new contract."

He added: "He is a great example of a player who can succeed from the academy through hard work and I look forward to working with him and our other talented young players in the squad."

Iwobi joins defender Calum Chambers and midfielder Granit Xhakain signing new deals with the club this summer.

Kolasinac out for 2 months. Monreal has only just joined pre-season as well. I assume he'll play a part against Lazio in our final pre-season game but if he's not fully ready then we'll probably have to start with Maitland-Niles at LB for a game or two. Wouldn't have minded that much if it wasn't for who we're facing.

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

News coming out today is that Stan Kroenke is set to take full control of Arsenal as he reaches an agreement with Usmanov to sell his shares. 

This is such great news! :ph34r:

While us football fans give as much as each can to their football club in whatever shape or form they do... In the background with these PLCs we have this going on.  I hope for some unknown reason this guy gets banned from the UK or having any association with it.

Looks like he took a loan out to buy Usmanov's 30% - not sure if that's a loan that'll be on the club's books, or if it's a personal loan. But considering he said he's a fan of the Glazer method at United... that's not a great sign for Arsenal.

It wasn't a great sign from day one. Doesn't put money in, just takes money out. To be fully under the control of a man that doesn't give a shit about football really is disconcerting. We're at the mercy of a republican businessman. Fucking hell.