talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That is a very contradictory post Harry. You think it was ballsy and showed he wasnt an unfit leader, then go on to say it was a mistake and he should apologise?

A captain should be the inspiration, the leader and the example. Do you think it shows a good example to the young players in the squad? Basically saying "well if the crowd give you a bit of stick, trudge off the pitch, throw your armband and shirt away and mock them back"?

Nah, he was a dick, he lost his head.

Our own captain has took his fair share of stick from some sections of the crowd over the years (totally undue btw), but you've never ever seen him act anything like that.

Yeah and credit to Hendo for how he handled that.

I wasn't commending what xhaka did at all. It was wrong no doubt. Stupid even. But still it showed there was some fire there, being willing to have a pop at a stadium of fifty thousand people... I could imagine some captains from days past not taking kindly to being booed and being hot headed enough to react in the spur of the moment in the heat of their own frustration about their performance... They're just lucky to have played in more successful sides that never wound up coming under fire from the fans the way today's Arsenal are...

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My point though is that you said you wouldn't except it at any professional club but players aren't sold at any professional club for things like this. Or very rarely if they are. Paul scholes once refused to play once. He wasn't sold and that was under arguably the best manager ever.

Think you misunderstood me, i agreed on the sale part. I know that basically no one was sold because of that, but i said it would be nice if they could be :)

Emery's record outside of those Europa League wins isn't that impressive really. He certainly doesn't seem the type to heavily improve a team over the course of a league season. Sure one of his seasons at Sevilla saw them go the whole season without an away win too?

Edited by LFCMike

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Think you misunderstood me, i agreed on the sale part. I know that basically no one was sold because of that, but i said it would be nice if they could be :)

Ok mate. Ignore me I'm being an argumentative cunt today 😁

On 29/10/2019 at 18:26, Dr. Gonzo said:

Personally, I'm not sure the toxicity of this season at Arsenal will subside until Emery's gone.

That's what people said with Wenger. Reality is, good football or not, having a toxic fanbase who loves to have a meltdown is the norm now with us and that won't stop until we win the league.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Xhaka's apology

Fair cop.

Shame he was probably forced into making an apology given the abuse he has been going through... I mean "Kill your wife" and "Hope your daughter gets cancer" what a sad waste of oxygen some people are... Worse thing is they have been doing it for weeks and pushing and pushing and when they get told to fuck off they suddenly cry outrage... can't blame the bloke for losing his cool under those circumstances... 

16 hours ago, 6666 said:

That's what people said with Wenger. Reality is, good football or not, having a toxic fanbase who loves to have a meltdown is the norm now with us and that won't stop until we win the league.

I agree. Because fans forget about man city and Chelsea coming along. If you look at arsenals titles we won 4 in the 30s then a few in the 40s and 50s. It then took almost 20 years to win another then almost 20 years to win the next. So we won 2 in 40 years. That was without big oil clubs. Fans like pannaking will never be happy. Even man city who spend a fortune couldn't win back to back titles until guardiola came along. It's good to be passionate and want more for your club but realism is needed.

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Still think he made a mistake, but the social media is filled with toxic sad people. Those texts are terrible, must have been written by spoiled brats.

Social media brings out the worst in people - go look at any footballer's twitter account and look at the comments of their latest tweet. You'll find tons of insane abuse.

• Upvote 1

Really hope the board see sense before its too late and sack Emery during the International break,  its clearly not working, he is struggling big time to find the right team that it is over complicating things.  Everything he is trying to do is just not coming off, its sad that it has to end like this as he seems a decent guy but if Arsenal need to progress it has to be to move Emery on ASAP. 

8 hours ago, Panna King said:

Really hope the board see sense before its too late and sack Emery during the International break,  its clearly not working, he is struggling big time to find the right team that it is over complicating things.  Everything he is trying to do is just not coming off, its sad that it has to end like this as he seems a decent guy but if Arsenal need to progress it has to be to move Emery on ASAP. 

I don't think they will as they have to pay him of. They will probably wait untill the season ends. If it wasn't for that he would probably be one bad result away from getting sacked. I actually think he is a good coach but not good enough for the elite level. 

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think they will as they have to pay him of. They will probably wait untill the season ends. If it wasn't for that he would probably be one bad result away from getting sacked. I actually think he is a good coach but not good enough for the elite level. 

He struggled at PSG for the same reason, I come to the point is that he cannot adapt his tactics to a team that are dominant.  He was successful with  Sevilla playing counter attacking. He struggles to find the right balance at Arsenal especially in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

He struggled at PSG for the same reason, I come to the point is that he cannot adapt his tactics to a team that are dominant.  He was successful with  Sevilla playing counter attacking. He struggles to find the right balance at Arsenal especially in midfield. 

Who would you want. I agree Emery isn't working but there has to be a reasonable target. I don't think Allegri is realistic.  Jardim maybe ?

25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Who would you want. I agree Emery isn't working but there has to be a reasonable target. I don't think Allegri is realistic.  Jardim maybe ?

Well i do not want Mourinho due to his past experiences as we are heavily linked to him. I think he will go to Bayern now. It will be hard to get a world class coach though as we are not in the Champions League, I would like Allegri or Ten Hag, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for someone like Eddie Howe. 

But Emery needs to go with all his backroom staff the style doesnt work and whatever is going on in training is clearly not working on the pitch.