talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.41ea5aa7ba6c0e231900204eae0e9ea1.png

Unai Emery has been given a month to save his job as Arsenal manager. (Mirror)

The Gunners are distancing themselves from a possible move for former Manchester United and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. (ESPN)

Assistant manager Freddie Ljungberg is ready to step in as caretaker manager if Emery is sacked by the Emirates Stadium club. (Independent)

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.41ea5aa7ba6c0e231900204eae0e9ea1.png

Unai Emery has been given a month to save his job as Arsenal manager. (Mirror)

The Gunners are distancing themselves from a possible move for former Manchester United and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. (ESPN)

Assistant manager Freddie Ljungberg is ready to step in as caretaker manager if Emery is sacked by the Emirates Stadium club. (Independent)

I think Mourinho will go to Munich.    I do not want Ljungberg he did a good job with the youth, I want all the coaching staff to go at Arsenal.

• Administrator

Arsenal fans can take pleasure in the fact Chris Kavanagh is referee on Saturday evening.

We have a terrible record with him in charge and he's the one who gave the Mane penalty against us a few weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Arsenal fans can take pleasure in the fact Chris Kavanagh is referee on Saturday evening.

We have a terrible record with him in charge and he's the one who gave the Mane penalty against us a few weeks ago. 

The way you say that makes it sound like you thought it was the wrong decisiono.O

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The way you say that makes it sound like you thought it was the wrong decisiono.O

I think it was?

For the minimal contact that was made, Mane has gone down very theatrically, grabbed the wrong ankle and conned the ref.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Big call from Emery and a wrong call as well in my opinion. Should back his players. Not sure about Auba as captain either. Obviously one of our most important players but he doesn't really affect how other players play.

I agree. He should of backed him. The abuse he was getting was ridiculous. I think Emery should have made a statement that he was backing him because it was understandable considering the abuse he was getting. I'm not convinced xhaka should have been captain in the first place but it's irrelevant because the point is he was stripped of the captaincy for the wrong reason.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber

I seriously worry about Arsenal. Having seen Xhaka's kind of apology and had his side of things, and read and heard a lot about it in the last few days. I think this is an absolute howler of a decision to be honest and a massive sign of weakness from Emery.

Arsenal aren't the only club but they are the worst for it, their fanbase is really doing them damage. Platforms like Arsenal Fan TV have been criticised before in these parts for almost wanting their team to do badly because it gets them extra hits and views. There's a culture there where "a few idiots but every club has them" is somehow more legitimised at Arsenal. It feels like there's an element of people deliberately stirring up ill feeling amongst the fans which is causing a rift between them and the club itself.

You should never boo off your own players and certainly not the captain. Was his attitude shit? Was he not trying? Or did he just have a bit of a shit game? I genuinely don't know so correct me if I'm wrong but he probably was committed, just not performing. You can't go booing your own players mid-game unless they've done something properly disgraceful.

Regardless of the circumstances, even if Xhaka did deserve to be booed off on some level, what have Arsenal fans achieved here? All they've done is managed to make their club look stupid, provoked a reaction from one of their own players which has undermined the manager, attracted national attention and forced the club to change their captain mid season. I doubt we'll see Xhaka in an Arsenal shirt any time soon now either so you can add alienating a first team player to the list too, and probably discouraging a bunch of other players from wanting to play for them too, so I hope they're happy with themselves and what they're doing for their club.

Emery at fault too for not backing himself or his players on this one. It's when he gets sacked now, not if. 

In fairness, Xhaka should never have been captain in the first place.

But this just also adds more to the impression that Emery doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

Tbh I think Emery is a dead man walking and I’m not even sure it’s worth it for Arsenal to let him see out the season if they can line up a replacement at any time before hand. And I would be hoping that’s what Arsenal are doing right now - looking for their next manager

On 04/11/2019 at 00:15, Panna King said:

Well i do not want Mourinho due to his past experiences as we are heavily linked to him. I think he will go to Bayern now. It will be hard to get a world class coach though as we are not in the Champions League, I would like Allegri or Ten Hag, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for someone like Eddie Howe. 

But Emery needs to go with all his backroom staff the style doesnt work and whatever is going on in training is clearly not working on the pitch. 

Ten hag may be a good choice. My concern is that Ajax are an excellently run club. I mean didn't de bour win the league with them? He was one of the worst premier League managers ever but still won the league with Ajax which tells me you don't have to be a great coach to do that. 

Personally I want someone who is overachieving in a top league. I have heard the Atalanta coach is good but don't know much about seria A. Thoughts @Cicero on him?

I think Rodgers could be a good choice. I am about concerned about his Liverpool record however I have read some of it wasn't his fault.

I wouldn't actually mind Nuno espirito Santo. I think he has done a good job at wolves. I think he has a strong personality. Could be a good choice

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ten hag may be a good choice. My concern is that Ajax are an excellently run club. I mean didn't de bour win the league with them? He was one of the worst premier League managers ever but still won the league with Ajax which tells me you don't have to be a great coach to do that. 

Personally I want someone who is overachieving in a top league. I have heard the Atalanta coach is good but don't know much about seria A. Thoughts @Cicero on him?

I think Rodgers could be a good choice. I am about concerned about his Liverpool record however I have read some of it wasn't his fault.

I wouldn't actually mind Nuno espirito Santo. I think he has done a good job at wolves. I think he has a strong personality. Could be a good choice

De Boer is not a bad coach at all, the thing with de Boer he wanted to change too much at Palace like major changes to training, playing style etc it was far too much for the club to take even though they agreed this be done when de Boer got the job, they decided it was too much of a risk, so they went with a safe bet like Hodgson.   De Boer is doing great in MLS again he has been allowed to do his own changes which did not go down well at first but now they are flourishing from it.     

Regarding Ten Hag he is an exceptional coach, to just say anyone can win the league with Ajax is a total silly thing to say when Ajax never won the league for 5 years until last season.  Ten Hag has brought in a style to how Ajax were back in the day with the total football education he has with his philosophies and his close working with Guardiola at Bayern Munich.    I actually think he wouldnt want the Arsenal job in the fact he would want bigger as even Ajax now are at a higher level then this current Arsenal set up.  Look what Ajax have done in the Champions League, winning in Madrid, Juventus, Tottenham etc Arsenal cant even beat Sheff Utd away let alone compete with any of those teams.  

I are very skeptical to get an Italian coach, Arsenal's DNA is not the style of Italian football it is completely the opposite, then you might as well have Mourinho who is in that kind of mould.   

Arsenal are a Europa Cup team with a Europa Cup Coach, that will not change for a while.

Edited by Panna King

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I remember him being a terrible appointment for Inter. You lot should be striving for greater 

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

De Boer is not a bad coach at all, the thing with de Boer he wanted to change too much at Palace like major changes to training, playing style etc it was far too much for the club to take even though they agreed this be done when de Boer got the job, they decided it was too much of a risk, so they went with a safe bet like Hodgson.   De Boer is doing great in MLS again he has been allowed to do his own changes which did not go down well at first but now they are flourishing from it.     

Regarding Ten Hag he is an exceptional coach, to just say anyone can win the league with Ajax is a total silly thing to say when Ajax never won the league for 5 years until last season.  Ten Hag has brought in a style to how Ajax were back in the day with the total football education he has with his philosophies and his close working with Guardiola at Bayern Munich.    I actually think he wouldnt want the Arsenal job in the fact he would want bigger as even Ajax now are at a higher level then this current Arsenal set up.  Look what Ajax have done in the Champions League, winning in Madrid, Juventus, Tottenham etc Arsenal cant even beat Sheff Utd away let alone compete with any of those teams.  

I are very skeptical to get an Italian coach, Arsenal's DNA is not the style of Italian football it is completely the opposite, then you might as well have Mourinho who is in that kind of mould.   

He wanted to make to many changes. That was his decision he's the manager he got it wrong. MLS is shit in top leagues his record is poor. Would you seriously want de bour at arsenal? Because I'm pretty certain 99.99 percent of arsenal fans don't. 

I never said ten hag wasn't a good coach. I just pointed out why I was skeptical. I didn't know Ajax hadn't won it for 5 years.  I actually think he would come to arsenal. Ajax are a bigger club on a European scale as they have won 4 European cups but the premier League is so rich and glamorous I don't think he would turn us down.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I remember him being a terrible appointment for Inter. You lot should be striving for greater 

Just googled him he's 61. Would prefer someone younger.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He wanted to make to many changes. That was his decision he's the manager he got it wrong. MLS is shit in top leagues his record is poor. Would you seriously want de bour at arsenal? Because I'm pretty certain 99.99 percent of arsenal fans don't. 

I never said ten hag wasn't a good coach. I just pointed out why I was skeptical. I didn't know Ajax hadn't won it for 5 years.  I actually think he would come to arsenal. Ajax are a bigger club on a European scale as they have won 4 European cups but the premier League is so rich and glamorous I don't think he would turn us down.

Why we anyone go to Arsenal right now, what is good at this club? Arsenal are not a top team anymore, even players are turning us down to go to other clubs.