talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Mate don't joke about kind of stuff.

To be honest you are an excellently run club we aren't. But at the same time we probably have more recourses than you so I think it may be a job he would like. L

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He wanted to make to many changes. That was his decision he's the manager he got it wrong. MLS is shit in top leagues his record is poor. Would you seriously want de bour at arsenal? Because I'm pretty certain 99.99 percent of arsenal fans don't. 

I never said ten hag wasn't a good coach. I just pointed out why I was skeptical. I didn't know Ajax hadn't won it for 5 years.  I actually think he would come to arsenal. Ajax are a bigger club on a European scale as they have won 4 European cups but the premier League is so rich and glamorous I don't think he would turn us down.

I do not want de Boer at Arsenal also, I would only of took de Boer part of the  coach team with Bergkamp and Overmars which we were linked with.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Why we anyone go to Arsenal right now, what is good at this club? Arsenal are not a top team anymore, even players are turning us down to go to other clubs.

Liverpool were in a bad state before klopp was there and he still went there. A good coach may feel like he can make us better and challenge for trophies if there is investment.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

I do not want de Boer at Arsenal also, I would only of took de Boer part of the  coach team with Bergkamp and Overmars which we were linked with.

Fair enough mate 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest you are an excellently run club we aren't. But at the same time we probably have more recourses than you so I think it may be a job he would like. L

You definitely have more money and just a bigger reputation in general. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Right before opening this thread I was looking at the odds for Leicester to beat us by a few xD

I went for 4.2. I think Leicester are more than capable of getting 4 against us. I could see them going 4.0 up and us getting 2 late goals back. I don't think it will be a competitive game I don't think we will ever be ahead or they will score and we get an equaliser I think they will win it easily.  Amazing they went 20 years or so without beating us but now are firm favourites against us.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What you have though is a club all pulling in the same direction. I mean when your owner was killed your fans were devistated. Can you imagine that for kronke? I mean any fan who celebrates an owner dying is a cunt no matter how bad they are but kronke wouldn't get that kind of reaction.

I actually like Leicester they are probably my favourite premier League club after arsenal obviously.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What you have though is a club all pulling in the same direction. I mean when your owner was killed your fans were devistated. Can you imagine that for kronke? I mean any fan who celebrates an owner dying is a cunt no matter how bad they are but kronke wouldn't get that kind of reaction.

I actually like Leicester they are probably my favourite premier League club after arsenal obviously.

We definitely are in a great place right now. 

There's a great feeling about the club and we are extremely well-run from top (literally) to bottom. 

Maintaining this is the next big thing though for us.

Just now, Stan said:

We definitely are in a great place right now. 

There's a great feeling about the club and we are extremely well-run from top (literally) to bottom. 

Maintaining this is the next big thing though for us.

It is difficult though isn't it. Taking that next step up is very hard. Staying there is even harder. If you look at the resources available Leicester are doing very well. Maybe the best in the league in terms of resources. I actually think man city do very well as well. I know they have virtually unlimited resources but they do very well with those resources. The worst in the league when you take into account resources has to be man utd shorly??

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You've got the better built squad right now though.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arsenal have some quality about them - particularly in attack. But as a whole, I'd back this current Leicester team under Rodgers to beat Emery's Arsenal home or away.

Weirdly, I think this current Arsenal side has a lot in common with the side we had under Rodgers around the end of his time with us... but I think Arsenal are a bit better up front (on paper at least). Weirdly defensively set up, playing with a total lack of identity/players that don't have the character to stand up and be counted, defensively fragile despite a fairly conservative approach to matches.

I don't know if Rodgers is now more amenable to working with other people on transfers... or if he's just gotten better at identifying talent. Or if his system with us just was so heavily reliant on Suarez that he wasn't expecting us to seriously sell Suarez. But if he is better at identifying talent/working with people that are better at picking out players than him, Arsenal should be taking a serious look at trying to convince Rodgers to make the move to Arsenal.

But I think the thing is now, currently I think it'd be a step down for Rodgers... but they do have the money and "prestige." But as things stand now, he's got a much better chance of ending up in the CL next season with Leicester - which would give him a bit more prestige in that regard & also give him a chance to keep his current group of players going in a system that's working, while also adding to it with the players that want to play in the CL... ya know, very good players.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.f7ec4ff2715e97913546e552e6053446.png

Arsenal have held talks with former Spain and Barcelona boss Luis Enrique about the prospect of replacing manager Unai Emery. (El Confidencial, via Metro)

I only wish this were true because I would be shocked if Luis Enrique were to come back into football after the tragedy that occurred to him regarding his little daughter.

If it were true, whether or not he were successful is by-the-by because one thing is for sure, that’s that names and status mean very little to him... Ask Totti, Messi, Neymar, Suárez etc... With the Barça situation he managed to get them all onside which led them to a treble (La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League) when earlier that very season it all looked like it was going to be pear-shaped.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I only wish this were true because I would be shocked if Luis Enrique were to come back into football after the tragedy that occurred to him regarding his little daughter.

If it were true, whether or not he were successful is by-the-by because one thing is for sure, that’s that names and status mean very little to him... Ask Totti, Messi, Neymar, Suárez etc... With the Barça situation he managed to get them all onside which led them to a treble (La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League) when earlier that very season it all looked like it was going to be pear-shaped.

What happened to his daughter mate?

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Arsenal should go for Chris Wilder. Not even joking.

He is a brilliant coach, not sure he has enough of a name to manage us. Unfortunately just don't think the fans or players would be behind him. This club needs a big character, these players have been pathetic for 2 and half seasons now. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He is a brilliant coach, not sure he has enough of a name to manage us. Unfortunately just don't think the fans or players would be behind him. This club needs a big character, these players have been pathetic for 2 and half seasons now. 

Yeah to be honest you do feel like he'd need to click immediately and he probably wouldn't.

You need to lay some better foundations. Sort the recruitment out quite simply and you'll pick up.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

What happened to his daughter mate?

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Lost her battle to cancer 

Yeah mate, as Danny says, he lost the little one to cancer (they were living in New York with his wife) and it destroyed him as is understandable. It’s the reason he resigned from the Spain national team post.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah mate, as Danny says, he lost the little one to cancer (they were living in New York with his wife) and it destroyed him as is understandable. It’s the reason he resigned from the Spain national team post.

That's awful mate. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.520d3338d565d4df539b29c786f05484.png

Arsenal won't be panicked into sacking Unai Emery amid plans to review under-fire Gunners boss' position at the club next summer (Daily Mail)

Former Spain manager Luis Enrique, who has been linked with replacing Emery at Arsenal, would not consider a return to management at present. (ESPN)

Edited by CaaC (John)

14 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.520d3338d565d4df539b29c786f05484.png

Arsenal won't be panicked into sacking Unai Emery amid plans to review under-fire Gunners boss' position at the club next summer (Daily Mail)

Former Spain manager Luis Enrique, who has been linked with replacing Emery at Arsenal, would not consider a return to management at present. (ESPN)

Letting him see out his contract is the cheaper thing to do & it gives them the rest of the season to sound out new managers and get an immediate replacement when the time has come. Rather than sacking him now and then dealing with an interim situation that ultimately may not pan out in the long term.