Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Arsenal Discussion

£20m for a back up goalkeeper is decent tbf.

Now put it towards Aouar!

I actually prefer Martinez to Leno but if the club has had to make that decision I can see why they have chosen Leno. £20m is a pretty decent fee all in, apparently we are after Alex Runarsson from Dijon although Raya didn't feature for Brentford yesterday. Hopefully we don't waste too much on a new back-up and it goes towards a midfielder. 

We do desparately need to get rid of players, if we buy a non-homegrown GK we will have 20 in the squad and the most you can have is 17. So at least 4 or 5 have to go to get new players in. 

I think Martinez's kicking is far better than Leno, shame to see him go as he never made a mistake when called upon but if he didnt feature in those games, he would  probably have left for free this summer.

image.thumb.png.c27d5af9b28648728528ee8331d3535c.png

What's this about then? ^_^

Hopefully this means that we've shown him we mean business and we'll have some big transfers confirmed soon.

Amazing news, I think he has at least 2 more top seasons in him and re-signing Aubameyang was probably our most important business of the season. 

On 13/09/2020 at 08:11, 6666 said:

Looks like it's done.

That's some pretty good business. He's been owned by Arsenal for a while, right? But never really got his chance until Leno went down last season - then took it, and took that chance really well.

Good amount of money and good work selling him at probably the highest point his value's been at for his whole Arsenal career.