talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Away from season ticket prices Arsenal Fan TV have released a charity single. Such talent. I don't condemn any form of charity work as it's going to a great cause. Regardless the song is awful.

Edited by Cure

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Madness 

Back in the other forum I posted pictures of when Arsenal sent me this season's receipt to pay.  I'm sure next season will surpass the £3,000 so as to pay for Wenger's new contract extension. :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Back in the other forum I posted pictures of when Arsenal sent me this season's receipt to pay.  I'm sure next season will surpass the £3,000 so as to pay for Wenger's new contract extension. :ph34r:

It's your money but I imagine chairmen & boards the length of Britain say "well surely we can raise it Arsenal fans pay" you've contributed to the mess the game is in. I still can't get over your fans filming you winning the FA cup at Wembley on their iPads. It was very much the footballing equivalent of "let them eat cake" in my eyes I'll never have sympathy for your fan base after that.

30 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's your money but I imagine chairmen & boards the length of Britain say "well surely we can raise it Arsenal fans pay" you've contributed to the mess the game is in. I still can't get over your fans filming you winning the FA cup at Wembley on their iPads. It was very much the footballing equivalent of "let them eat cake" in my eyes I'll never have sympathy for your fan base after that.

Trust me (aside from the multitude of football tourists and corporate attendees) a lot of our fans are plastic.  The club may not be because luckily the club means a lot more than what it is today and its heritage and history is long and detailed.  But our fans are a lot like the clubs this thread is about...  But there is a part of me that feels sorry for those fans I'm talking about because they're only a product of what football's become and they don't know anything else (I won't apologise for being condescending to those fans in this case).

I pay for that season ticket because before I left to live in Spain for 10 years I tried to pass my North Bank ticket onto someone else but after one season he didn't want to keep it going so I let it go.  I let in go on the proviso that the club would give me a seat whenever I wanted one if I ever returned so as to be able to go consistently.  They promised me this and my option on the North Bank was only the Platinum Club Level season ticket.  You get a lot of perks (I don't need them) but apart from three constant fans I see different people every time we play at home around me.  A lot of Oriental Asians with...  You guessed it!  iPads or just simply their smartphones recording the whole thing and supporting both sides whenever there's an attack.

I kid you not that a good number of our modern fanbase do actually think that Arsene Wenger put Arsenal on the map.  Many of them were probably infants, just born or didn't actually exist when we last won the league under him so I totally understand that they can't know any better and reading too much into the history of something can sometimes be a bore.

Edited by SirBalon

Just now, Cannabis said:

I didn't but Robbie always comes across as a calm, mild-mannered bloke. It's no surprise that the likes of DT and TY are punched from time to time but not him.

AFTV have been vocal supporters of the #WengerOut movement so someone has probably taken it up with him about that stance.

Yeah for a gunner he is quite likeable :banana:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

That Robbie guy from Arsenal TV got attacked after the game, any clue what happened there? He really doesn't look at trouble at all.

he didn't get attacked. But got approached, let's say. Robbie was ready for to take the guy that went to start on him though. 

40 minutes ago, Romesh said:

he didn't get attacked. But got approached, let's say. Robbie was ready for to take the guy that went to start on him though. 

Seen the video couldn't figure out what happened, seen no reason for the trouble though.

It's terrible that the fans have resorted to all of this. There's no excuse for the scenes being seen almost every week now. This is only football for god sake!

It does seem to be a new era in terms of social divisiveness in every walk of life these days. No tolerance and no understanding from all parts. 

23 hours ago, Romesh said:

This is the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen since Reading handed out song-sheets for fans a couple of seasons ago

FB_IMG_1491153560866.jpg

Song sheets? What were they singing, 'We're Staying Down'?