talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

So did we. But Cech wanted to stay in London, nothing much we could do. 

Of course there's something you can do. You just don't sell! Nothing or nobody can force Arsenal to sell Sanchez to Chelsea and they would be absolute idiots if they did. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Of course there's something you can do. You just don't sell! Nothing or nobody can force Arsenal to sell Sanchez to Chelsea and they would be absolute idiots if they did. 

Judging by his statements, he doesn't want to leave the country, he doesn't even want to leave London. Also more than evident he doesn't want to be at Arsenal anymore, so either they cash in on him now, or risk him leaving on a  free. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Judging by his statements, he doesn't want to leave the country, he doesn't even want to leave London. Also more than evident he doesn't want to be at Arsenal anymore, so either they cash in on him now, or risk him leaving on a  free. 

I don't think he's said he wouldn't leave England?

Sanchez must have gave his agent permission to speak with PSG in the first place. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think he's said he wouldn't leave England?

"I'd like to stay in the city and at a team, but at a team that is a 'winner' - that has a winning mentality." 

What he stated whilst on International duty to a Chilean journalist. 

Just now, Cicero said:

What he stated whilst on International duty to a Chilean journalist. 

Yes I read that but that doesn't mean he won't leave England especially if Arsenal dig their heels in regarding you lot, which I expect they would. 

I just can't see him joining Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yes I read that but that doesn't mean he won't leave England especially if Arsenal dig their heels in regarding you lot, which I expect they would. 

I just can't see him joining Chelsea. 

They would be mad to.  But Arsenal are no strangers to selling their top players to rivals. Cole, Van Persie, Nasri, etc which always begs the question. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They would be mad to.  But Arsenal are no strangers to selling their top players to rivals. Cole, Van Persie, Nasri, etc which always begs the question. 

Difference is that at that time they were purposefully buying and selling to help fund the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Difference is that at that time they were purposefully buying and selling to help fund the stadium. 

You mean how RVP was also on the last year of his contract before his move to United where Wenger stated 'he only had a year contract so we did not have a choice.'? 

I personally do believe Alexis would go across town to Chelsea. I still hold hope he'll sign the new contract because he's by a million light years our best player. But if he doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if he did move... By the way, he has a very good relationship with Pedro as strange as it may seem because they were battling it out between the two for the same place in the Barça setup. 

Edited by SirBalon

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I personally do believe Alexis would go across town to Chelsea. I still hold hope he'll sign the new contract because he's by a million light years our best player. But if he doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if he did move... By the way, he has a very good relationship with Pedro as strange as it may seem because they were battling it out between the two for the same place in the Barça setup. 

He'd be used as Costa's replacement in my opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He'd be used as Costa's replacement in my opinion. 

Funilly enough both Diego Costa and Alexis Sánxhez are more similar than people think in their football and I can see how that would work out. 

Edited by SirBalon

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Funilly enough both Diego Costa and Alexis Sánxhez are more similar than people think in their football and I can see how that would work out. 

In footballing terms, Sanchez is vastly superior. 

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

In footballing terms, Sanchez is vastly superior. 

They're nothing like each other but they have one thing that's extremely important that they share. The fact they give 150% and chase down shadows like they're out to kill them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was just browsing through the fixtures for the rest of the season and starting april 30th Arsenal are going to have the below ones.

30/4 - Spurs away 

7/5 - Man Utd home

10/5 - Southampton away

13/5 - Stoke away

All very tough fixtures for Arsenal as Spurs are on the form of their life at home, mourinho will no way lose to wenger, southampton and stoke away dont have great memories for arsenal in the recent past, especially stoke away. So there are very very high chances to drop points in all of the above fixtures and actually might even lose all of them. I dont see a decent ending for Arsenal's season from here, its probably going to get ugly.

That's unfortunate to be honest and even though he is football's mister sick note these days, this one is on a whole different scale.  You can't do anything about something like this and I feel kind of sorry for him even though he did turn down AC MILAN for Bournemouth.  That one will never be lived down.

23 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That's unfortunate to be honest and even though he is football's mister sick note these days, this one is on a whole different scale.  You can't do anything about something like this and I feel kind of sorry for him even though he did turn down AC MILAN for Bournemouth.  That one will never be lived down.

Not sure about Milan but he for sure wanted to go to Roma. Arsenal rejected that move though because Roma messed us around in a deal for Manolas earlier in the window.

I think the loan deal has actually gone great for us, Wilshere doesn't have a lot of leverage so we can get him to a nice deal. I do think we're going to have to resign him and I think it will happen.

I wish Spurs were in the finals of FA cup instead of Chelsea because if Arsenal lose against Chelsea a majority of the fans will still be okay with him staying because chelsea are a champion team team who are going to win the league. If Arsenal beat Chelsea then again they will back him because he won a trophy. If it were spurs and if Arsenal were to lose then maybe the backlash against Wenger would be a lot stronger considering how strong the rivalry is with spurs. 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

What does everyone here think of replacing Wenger with Biesla?

The guy is a football guru and a cult figure within the game.  Few know more than him where this sport is concerned and none are as methodical as him.  But he runs his players to madness in the end and isn't a good longterm figure which is something the club should be searching for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The guy is a football guru and a cult figure within the game.  Few know more than him where this sport is concerned and none are as methodical as him.  But he runs his players to madness in the end and isn't a good longterm figure which is something the club should be searching for.

what exactly do you mean by running his players to madness mate?