talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Pepe has not only been one of our most productive players on the pitch but has probably had the best moments of quality. Lacazette has been the most hard working. Saka & ESR had the biggest impact (positively) on how we play. And Leno, even though he made one or two mistakes, kept us in a lot of games.

Player of the season is one out of those five. Would mention Tierney as well, but spent too much time out with injury.

• 3 weeks later...

Got to admire Villa for being ballsy.

Taken one of Arsenal's long term targets in Buendia and now looking to pinch one of their talented youngsters. I don't think they ever truly expected Arsenal to accept but still.

A sign of the times, perhaps.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I tried discussing that the other day, saying that Arsenal's stature has dropped dramatically recently. It didn't go down well.

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Got to admire Villa for being ballsy.

Taken one of Arsenal's long term targets in Buendia and now looking to pinch one of their talented youngsters. I don't think they ever truly expected Arsenal to accept but still.

They fucked him off on the wing last season when they got a sniff of Odegaard, can see why Villa put in a bid for him

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Do Arsenal even need White? You'd think defence would be the last on their to do list. 

Gabriel, Holding, Chambers, Mari. Saliba to come back but unsure how he'll be.

I'd say it is a place to improve on, perhaps not quite low as last on their priorities.

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gabriel, Holding, Chambers, Mari. Saliba to come back but unsure how he'll be.

I'd say it is a place to improve on, perhaps not quite low as last on their priorities.

Ridiculous as it sounds Arsenal actually had the 3rd best defence in the league. You'd think they'd allocate those funds to an attacking midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Ridiculous as it sounds Arsenal actually had the 3rd best defence in the league. You'd think they'd allocate those funds to an attacking midfielder. 

An attacking midfielder is definitely the main priority. Or it should be. Have highly rated youngsters in Saliba and Mavropanos that should be bedded into the squad with Gabriel, Holding, Mari, and Chambers there on top of that.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Is that because of the quality of their defense, or because of the defensive setup Arteta uses?

I'm glad it's not my job in trying to fix Arsenal and get them back to where their fans would want them to be, because I don't even know where I'd start.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

An attacking midfielder is definitely the main priority. Or it should be. Have highly rated youngsters in Saliba and Mavropanos that should be bedded into the squad with Gabriel, Holding, Mari, and Chambers there on top of that.

Rumours today is Mavropanos is off to Stuttgart on a permanent deal, £7m apparently which is another astute piece of business... 

Saliba's future also looks worrying especially with the Ben White news. Honestly think Edu and Arteta will compound us to a 8th place team this summer. I really do think they completely botch this summer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do think Edu is incredibly shit at his job. I can't believe he is getting this summer along with Arteta. The deal is a £500k loan fee with a £3.5m obligation to buy and £1.5m in add-ons. It only becomes an option to buy if Stuttgart get relegated according to Ornstein. Seems incredibly cheap considering he has had a couple of great spells in Germany. We're so bad a selling players. 

@Machado is he any good? It's not a good sign for us that Benfica fans seem to be delighted to see him leaving xD The general consensus seems to be that he has a bad attitude and is bad defensively? He'll only be backup for Tierney, but it still doesn't sound great. Hopefully he'll improve here, he's still young.

I do hope this involves some sort of contract extension otherwise he may never play a game for us. Our handling of his career so far has been a car crash. No idea why we don't integrate him? He is still very young but he is easily good enough to be third choice, especially when you consider we still have Mari and Holding on the books. Not to mention it looks like our answer to this problem is Ben White who has less top flight experience then Saliba and is only a few years older... 

Edited by Chaaay AFC