talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What is it with footballers thinking they can just go around raping people?

Privileged upbringing and not used to being told "No". 

A whopping sense of entitlement and surrounded by sycophants. @Spike actually showed me the light into never buying a kit with a player's name on it anymore. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Wow 1

38 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Arsenal were aware of this then not suspending him is a shocking decision.

Yeah, comes off as pretty bad tbh.

Yes, I know "innocent before guilty" but... look at what Everton did with the alleged nonce - and I'm not even sure the alleged nonce has even been charged. At very least, they should have suspended him

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What is it with footballers thinking they can just go around raping people?

I assume it's because they've got more money than sense and are typically surrounded by an entourage of "yes men" that basically tell them they can do whatever they want to do... as well as thousands of fans pouring adulation upon them - it's got to get into their heads a bit and they probably think they can basically get away with anything.

Judging by a lot of the replies that woman's been getting on her twitter too... I think there's a ton of young men out there who think that if a woman has consented to sex once with a man, that consent is permanent and that woman is now fair game for sex whenever the bloke wants any. Disturbing view, but it seems like that's a more commonly held belief than I ever would have thought.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A whopping sense of entitlement and surrounded by sycophants. @Spike actually showed me the light into never buying a kit with a player's name on it anymore. 

@DeadLinesmanbrought me further into the light by teaching me the joy of buying knockoff kits

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There was a documentary series on Vice called 'The Dark Side of Wrestling' which reviewed some of the more well-known mental stuff that has happened (it looks like they'll need to do one for the present day at the minute) and at the end of one episode Rob Van Dam said "Never meet your heroes" which was his suttle way of saying they're all a bunch of c*nts.

It was rumored that Partey was the Premier player arrested shortly after news of the arrest broke.   Shocking that Arsenal did not suspend him from the get go.  He shouldn't be around the team til this is sorted by the courts.   Can't the league step in and suspend him?

I'm still not one way or the other with the Partey stuff to be honest. Nothing concrete is out there. Can't trust screenshots either. If it happened then it's understandable that she's revealing what she's revealing but as I said, I don't see it as concrete enough. Someone, preferably the police, would have to investigate to confirm. And as there's nothing concrete to go on, you can't really ask for a player to be suspended by their club.

People desperate to either say "he did it" or desperate to say "she's lying" are weird people in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/mikel-arteta-makes-arsenal-squad-train-while-listening-you-ll-never-walk-alone

Arteta makes arsenal players train while listening to 'you'll never walk alone' 

"Despite Arteta's best efforts, Arsenal's Premier League trip to Anfield last season ended in a 4-0 defeat for the Gunners"

xD

Strong vibes

mike-bassett-england-manager-1.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 2

On 19/07/2022 at 01:22, Mike258 said:

I think that Arsenal will have a pretty good chance of winning Premier League next season. 

I have absolutely no idea why you feel that way but trust me, I’ll celebrate it here and now. Although I don’t have in absolute, the faith you seem to have acquired from a very questionable place. Have you subscribed to a cult somewhere?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I actually understand why he's done this. He clearly appreciates the Anfield atmosphere given what he himself experienced, and just wanted to help prepare his players. I guess a game of that magnitude can become quite intimidating for the away side.

Yes, they ended up being trounced. But if they won that, no doubt there'd be plenty of praise for Arteta's strategy. It's actually a huge compliment to Liverpool to be fair, understandably. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I actually understand why he's done this. He clearly appreciates the Anfield atmosphere given what he himself experienced, and just wanted to help prepare his players. I guess a game of that magnitude can become quite intimidating for the away side.

Yes, they ended up being trounced. But if they won that, no doubt there'd be plenty of praise for Arteta's strategy. It's actually a huge compliment to Liverpool to be fair, understandably. 

Absolutely. I'm not sure this was the right way to go about managing it though when he talks about not being able to deal with an in game situation and atmosphere.

If I recall correctly, that was the game where Arteta started the touchline argument with Klopp at a time in the game where things had gone a bit flat. That situation got the crowd and players up and Liverpool took the lead not long after.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Absolutely. I'm not sure this was the right way to go about managing it though when he talks about not being able to deal with an in game situation and atmosphere.

If I recall correctly, that was the game where Arteta started the touchline argument with Klopp at a time in the game where things had gone a bit flat. That situation got the crowd and players up and Liverpool took the lead not long after.

I've seen another clip from the Prime Video series where he talks about the game passing him by - it only ever happened to him once in his career at that was at Anfield. He said he was playing well, then all of a sudden things just dropped - all he could see was a swarm of red shirts surrounding him and he couldn't concentrate. Emotionally and physically he said he was just gone. And he wanted to avoid that for his players which is why he tried the YNWA song at training. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I've seen another clip from the Prime Video series where he talks about the game passing him by - it only ever happened to him once in his career at that was at Anfield. He said he was playing well, then all of a sudden things just dropped - all he could see was a swarm of red shirts surrounding him and he couldn't concentrate. Emotionally and physically he said he was just gone. And he wanted to avoid that for his players which is why he tried the YNWA song at training. 

I think we're talking about the same thing in my first paragraph. I don't see what playing YNWA in training was supposed to do. It's sung at the start and end of a game, not all the way through

• Upvote 1