Sheff Weds vs Nottm Forest
West Brom vs Birmingham

Sunday 21st June, 2020
Cardiff vs Leeds, 12.00

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned

Ok, so here we go. 3 months down the line, everyone rested up and feet itching to go again.

I have no idea on any early team news, I just hope the lads who played the last game are all fit to continue and can hit the ground running like we have done each time we've started a season.

Smashed Stoke and Bristol City 3-1 through the sheer intensity and running and that is the only way we are going to beat Cardiff. It might work for us this break, then again who knows how we will react.

Cardiff have some sort of mental hold on us, and are usually a good bet to scab points off us. By hook or by crook, they get it done and given the physical advantage they have, they will be a threat to us again.

Neil Harris has beaten us a few times whilst at Millwall so he knows to beat us they will most likely have to get in our faces, disrupt our flow with petty fouls and load the penalty area with the big boys at every set piece.

We play after everybody else, so we must sit and wait to see what happens but for me, its a sprint finish now and we need to lay down the marker first game. Make a statement. Win, and let the others drop their heads.

There is always the nagging doubt we will inevitably fuck it. We can taste it now, we are so close but we need to prove we got the balls to see it out.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ok, so here we go. 3 months down the line, everyone rested up and feet itching to go again.

I have no idea on any early team news, I just hope the lads who played the last game are all fit to continue and can hit the ground running like we have done each time we've started a season.

Smashed Stoke and Bristol City 3-1 through the sheer intensity and running and that is the only way we are going to beat Cardiff. It might work for us this break, then again who knows how we will react.

Cardiff have some sort of mental hold on us, and are usually a good bet to scab points off us. By hook or by crook, they get it done and given the physical advantage they have, they will be a threat to us again.

Neil Harris has beaten us a few times whilst at Millwall so he knows to beat us they will most likely have to get in our faces, disrupt our flow with petty fouls and load the penalty area with the big boys at every set piece.

We play after everybody else, so we must sit and wait to see what happens but for me, its a sprint finish now and we need to lay down the marker first game. Make a statement. Win, and let the others drop their heads.

There is always the nagging doubt we will inevitably fuck it. We can taste it now, we are so close but we need to prove we got the balls to see it out.

I hope Leeds get promoted pal. My dad used to live in South Africa in the 1970's, and since he couldn't support Universitario from there in an era without internet, they started following English football. My dad took Leeds and my uncle took Liverpool. To this day he hasn't given up on them and he still watches them in the championship, so obviously I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I also like Bielsa, so there's something else to like.

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I hope Leeds get promoted pal. My dad used to live in South Africa in the 1970's, and since he couldn't support Universitario from there in an era without internet, they started following English football. My dad took Leeds and my uncle took Liverpool. To this day he hasn't given up on them and he still watches them in the championship, so obviously I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I also like Bielsa, so there's something else to like.

Thanks pal. In about 6 or 7 weeks time we will all know for sure.

I don't know what it's like over in Argentina but the amount of Argie fans, especially those who support Newell's Old Boys, are totally behind us because of the Bielsa factor. Never seen so many Argentines on Twitter giving it some for us.

Even news channels are keeping locals up to date with our progress over there simply because its Bielsa. I completely understand now why he has this auora around him.

• The title was changed to Football League 2019/20 - 20-21st June, 2020
  • The topic was pinned
20 hours ago, Lucas said:

In all honesty, I think you'll smash us this time. It should have been that the last time we played prior to the mother of all comebacks. 

If Flint starts, you'll go 3-0 up in 10 minutes. 

With 9 games to go we are mathematically still in the automatics...we've essentially just had a pre-season (a bad one at that) and so I hope we can put together one of our runs of form that has us pushing for 1st/2nd...that would be great. Realistically though at this point it's all about staying in the play-offs and taking points off Fulham on Saturday.

Man for man I think we're the better team, better coach, better run club, but they have the money to sign these Premier League style players so who knows what will happen. Well nervous though, been watching old games this evening and I'm glad we have Pontus Jansson back, he is a massive plus to a team that has been lacking his leadership for what must have been our last 6 or 7 games.

Apparently we're fully fit bar a couple of the long term injuries like Canos suffered....I think we'll go for the team below but there's two spots I'm unsure on. Jensen at centre mid when we have Mokotjo fully fit as well as Marcondes and Baptiste...cannot choose, would probably edge towards Jensen but it's tough. Then at right back, Dalsgaard is experienced and offers aerial dominance but Mads Roerslev is going to be one of the best players to come out of our B Team and I think he'll feel unlucky not to get games if he's on the bench.

COYR

Benrahma - Watkins - Mbeumo

Jensen - Norgaard - Dasilva

Henry - Pinnock - Jansson - Dalsgaard

Raya

I have some friends in Tucepi who tell me their TV (Sportsklub) will be televising the game on Sunday - there are more fans in places you can't always know about who are waiting for the promotion back up again!  Keep the faith young Lucas!  If you get the chance to listen to what they did this week - the sound in the ground is both awesome and awful but those on the pitch seemed to like it!

59 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Heavily hoping for a Brentford win.

The ball would massively be in our court tomorrow then should they do that but life is never that easy with Leeds.

It’s your chance to support Jansson again 😅

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

I have some friends in Tucepi who tell me their TV (Sportsklub) will be televising the game on Sunday - there are more fans in places you can't always know about who are waiting for the promotion back up again!  Keep the faith young Lucas!  If you get the chance to listen to what they did this week - the sound in the ground is both awesome and awful but those on the pitch seemed to like it!

Hope we disappoint your mates. :D

What a difficult game to come back to, local derby, 3rd vs 4th. The majority of this game can be described as a very competitive friendly because it had all the missed place passes and first touches of a pre-season event.

Overall I was happy with the team that went out today, Raya put in a near perfect performance dealing with everything that came his way with let’s face it relative ease. Dalsgaard was solid defensively and was a threat with his runs in behind their defenders, overall Jansson and Pinnock played well but they both struggled with the strength of Mitrovic. They were so dependent on Mitrovic to score. Rico Henry ran all game and defended well, his touch and passing was poor though. Clearly not match fit but there’s not a lot we can do about that considering the turn around.

Christian Norgaard, I love him. A lot of the focus has been on Harrison Reed today and whilst he was class for them, Norgaard is twice the player. His defensive output and passing output puts him into a bracket of midfielders in this league that Kalvin Phillips belongs to. Defensively solid today, his passing and dictating of play from deep has really picked up in places where Sawyers left. Jensen...meh. Not a great performance and largely unnoticeable bar that beauty of a nutmeg but he worked hard still. Josh Dasilva with a professional performance, you can see he’s lacking match fitness in some of his touches but he’s solid all over the pitch. Also a well earned yellow for a tactical foul that prevented a potential goal chance.

Benrahma was a threat all game and largely couldn’t get his final touch/dribbles together but he deserved his goal and assist. Ollie Watkins was decent, not overly amazing but didn’t really do much wrong. Fosu was class whilst he was on, his dribbling is next level and the strength in his legs to stay standing is a trait you want in a wideman. Made a threat of himself and will likely get a lot of first team football next season.

Shandon Baptiste came on and played well, again nothing overly special but he had a short time on the pitch. Enner Valencia I feel for, he looks such a talented dribbler of the ball but there’s so much competition ahead of him. Maybe another for next season

And then we have our man of the match, Emiliano Marcondes. When we signed him I think everyone had high hopes, he was smashing it in Denmark and we got him on a free but it just never clicked. Then he had injuries and a loan spell back to Denmark due to a family issue and maybe this show of good faith has helped reinvigorate his desire to succeed with us because since January he’s began to put in some good performances and leading up to the break he was finally building up momentum. Then he came on today and he looked like the only player on the pitch that looked like they’d been playing football for the last 3 months, first touch, dribbling, passing, crossing...perfect. You look at some of those crosses he was putting in and Fulham could only wish at that point that they had him and Mitrovic in the same team. The cross for the first goal was perfectly executed for Benrahma and then the second goal, not only his quality but his sharpness on show, the turn and the finish. Fucking get in.

Great start to the end of our season, I know Fulham created a few chances throughout the game but Mitro never looked like scoring. Headers so placid and his play in general was just lethargic, strong but not much else. We held out, waited for those counters and deserved to win with 2 very good goals.

Get in you Beeeeeeezzzzzz!

Baggies drawing too was a bonus.

We absolutely HAVE to nail Cardiff tomorrow because psychologically, we do that and I think 10pts would be a monumental difference to throw away.

Kill the hopes early. No mercy. Come on Leeds.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Get in you Beeeeeeezzzzzz!

Baggies drawing too was a bonus.

We absolutely HAVE to nail Cardiff tomorrow because psychologically, we do that and I think 10pts would be a monumental difference to throw away.

Kill the hopes early. No mercy. Come on Leeds.

1-0 to Cardiff then? 

The coronavirus may have changed the world, but us beating Leeds is still the same. :banana:

In all honesty, Leeds did everything right except hit the back of the net (including a great defensive display from Bamford to stop a Leeds goal) and will get promoted easily. Our goals simply came from two mistakes which we punished them with. Two nice strikes from Hoilett and Glatzel. 

Joint 6th with Preston. We have Preston next. 

I'm not going to go too much into that. Sometimes it's better that way than to rant and lose your cool.

Anyone that saw the game should be able to make a fair assessment of it and I should imagine we'd all agree.

So all that's left to say is well done @Bluebird Hewitt. Your guys did it again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived