talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 20-21st June, 2020

football forum

That Bamford clip, was he sleep walking? Jesus Christ there’s preseason rust and then there’s that

I don’t think this changes much, there’s still 7 points between them and Fulham, 8 between us. Yes it’s manageable to catch that up but also I don’t think Leeds will drop that many points either 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the long wait it seems that the Leeds boys have not yet woken up - Cardiff played well and deserved their win. but towards the end there were signs that the Elland Road gang were beginning to realise this was reality returning - I really do hope this was just a blip and not the end of season start of deterioration as usual - fingers crossed Lucas!

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

After the long wait it seems that the Leeds boys have not yet woken up - Cardiff played well and deserved their win. but towards the end there were signs that the Elland Road gang were beginning to realise this was reality returning - I really do hope this was just a blip and not the end of season start of deterioration as usual - fingers crossed Lucas!

Yeah I mean to be fair, we have played like that, finished chances and won games by a couple goals this year.

Performance wise, we actually played ok. Much better than Cardiff. We were fitter, we had well over double attempts and a ridiculous amount of the ball. We were unlucky not to come away with something for the effort but we also need to accept what we did wrong.

We gave away two silly goals from slack passes, probably due to sluggishness, and both Cardiff players had all the time in the world to shoot. And the amount of crosses or final ball pass that killed great situations we put ourselves in were missing. Costa and Harrison on each wing, awful. We missed Hernandez severely.

And less said about Bamford blocking Harrison's shot on the line, the better. He had a nightmare and it sums up our luck that we sign Augustin and bar 10 bloody mins at Forest, we cant even use the bloke. 

It simply wasn't our day as is normally the case playing them. Hopefully we will be sharper against Fulham and we will need to be too.

Fulham will be smarting after the local defeat so do not underestimate them - they still want to be in the play-offs.  Happily the game will also be on TV - my Croatian friend sent a sad message after the game, but was more than happy that there was still a promotion to be had!

@Lucas maybe you’ve went over this before, but what is your opinion of Bamford? He’s got 13 goals which is pretty decent, but every single time I’ve watched Leeds he always always looks useless. Him blocking that shot at the weekend infuriated me...and I’m not even a Leeds fan. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

@Lucas maybe you’ve went over this before, but what is your opinion of Bamford? He’s got 13 goals which is pretty decent, but every single time I’ve watched Leeds he always always looks useless. Him blocking that shot at the weekend infuriated me...and I’m not even a Leeds fan. 

If we had a clinical striker like Fulham have with Mitrovic, we'd be over the hills and far away. Simple. The sheer amount of chances we create indicates that.

His conversion rate is really poor and I am not his greatest fan. He massively frustrates me because I feel he's too casual.

However, I do appreciate what he does for the team and the runs he makes and the work he puts in which is ultimately why Bielsa likes him so much.

Thing is, we have got to this point with him as basically our sole option and we have to see out the rest of the season with him as our main man. All we can do is hope he chips in with some important goals when it comes to the crunch.

If we get promoted, I'd 100% sell him, no questions asked.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived