talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netflix vs Amazon Prime

football forum

Got Amazin Prime recently and the vibe is really different, feel like Amazon is aimed at a more mature audience. A lot of Netflix programmes seem to have a more American High School/cheesy vibe to them...Sabrina (badboy programme still), 13 Reasons Why, Sex Education. There's obviously more to Netflix than just that but the Netflix produced stuff seems to be similar in style. Programmes of that ilk but that I like would be Sabrina, Lost In Space, Star Trek....

Amazon however I've watched/started watching Good Omens, Hunted, The Boys and the style seems to be a lot darker and not necessarily made for the whole family.

As a man who's nearly 30 years old it's no wonder I'm leaning more towards some of these Amazon Prime programmes xD But in fairness I started watching Ozark and that was decent.

What'd you lot prefer?

Netflix for me.

The stuff there is more adult-ish. Stories are less generic compared to Amazon. Stories on Netflix dare and take a risk. Their original foreign content is fascinating (Dark, Trapped, Sacred Games, Money Heist). At least the series are brilliant. They have some hidden gems in their movie section (I am speaking of brilliant small, indie flicks). Their original movies though have been severely underwhelming.

I am currently on Netflix's mobile plan which 199 Rs/month and that roughly converts to 2 and half dollars.

Amazon's stuff is mostly generic, with better production values. 

All in all Netflix over Amazon for me.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber

Pretty much agree with your assessment of each platform's main target audience (i.e. Prime leaning towards more mature audiences overall). Both have plenty of quality content that I watch but in general I feel like Prime caters to my tastes better than Netflix. I also like having the option to subscribe to additional channels for more specific content.

There are probably huge regional differences when it comes to content though.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sabrina on Netflix is great. The Mrs watches shite like Gossip Girl as well. We’ve got Prime as well and The Boys is arguably one of the best TV programmes I’ve ever watched.

Sabrina is so cheesy and I think they proper mugged Nick’s character off (won’t say more cos I’m not sure what you’ve seen) but me and the missus have binged it completely. Waiting for Part 4 now

Got 5 minutes into The Boys and Jesus Christ that’s a start to a show

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have both but spend most of my time on Netflix at the moment... and when I say I have both what I mean is my daughter has both and I just robbed her password... 

Ditto except our daughter only has Netflix and she has added us to her account with an icon saying 'mums & pops' 🥰

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I have both but spend most of my time on Netflix at the moment... and when I say I have both what I mean is my daughter has both and I just robbed her password... 

My dad watches more on my account than I do xD 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Knowing how much you watch I find that very hard to believe... xD

Trust me, I'm an amateur compared to him xD Can't even recommend him anything or choose a movie to watch together because he's bloody seen them all! xD 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Trust me, I'm an amateur compared to him xD Can't even recommend him anything or choose a movie to watch together because he's bloody seen them all! xD 

Does he do to you what you do to me then.... that would be amusing.. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Does he do to you what you do to me then.... that would be amusing.. 

Much worse xD He regularly narrates me the whole detailed plot of pretty much every series he follows and gives regular updates on the new episodes.  Have to admire his dedication. Even has a cool notebook where he keeps notes on his progress watching every show and what not :4_joy: He's a bloody pro I tell you; much better at streaming/downloading/finding stuff online at 78 years of age than most of the people in their 30s xD  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Much worse xD He regularly narrates me the whole detailed plot of pretty much every series he follows and gives regular updates on the new episodes.  Have to admire his dedication. Even has a cool notebook where he keeps notes on his progress watching every show and what not :4_joy: He's a bloody pro I tell you; much better at streaming/downloading/finding stuff online at 78 years of age than most of the people in their 30s xD  

Does he like Horror or is he like you?? 

• Subscriber

A lot more seems to appeal to me on Netflix than Amazon Prime but I do have both and watch the occasional thing on Prime like the Leeds United doc and Grand Tour etc.

Edited by Pyfish

• Administrator

Netflix, by far.

I use it more and it's my go-to if I want to look for something new. Not to say I ignore Amazon Prime otherwise I'd just cancel my subscription but I find there's more on my Netflix list to watch than my Prime list.

Some of the programmes/content made exclusively for Netflix is superb. 

I must admit though one of the reasons I'm keeping my Amazon Prime subscription is for when they start regularly streaming football as that's the way it seems to be going.

I think my brother & sister-in-law use Netflix more than me though but I find if we're struggling for something to watch on TV there's more options to delve in to something on Netflix. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The daughter has 5 icons we can choose with shows on Netflix 1. Mummy (daughters) 2. Kaiden's ( all the shows he likes like Mario etc) 3. Conners (eldest grandsons with shows like Marvel movies etc)  4. Me & the wife's movies 5. Alia (daughters friend), so really we look at some of the shows our daughter watches and her friends or movies we have saved or the daughter recommended.

Not really fussed about Prime as we also have a Youtube channel with loads of films on that and with Netflix that will do us, if we want a movie that's not available on Netflix we just look for it on Youtube and then rent or buy it. 

Amazon Prime not having the genres of films all together like Netflix really hurts it. It’s also really annoying that nearly every good film on their is to buy or rent. 

Netflix has a great interface and menu setup but the film selections are sometimes lacking. They don’t update it enough with good films. I appreciate they like to create original content but I’m not interested in the vast majority of their original stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...