talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netflix vs Amazon Prime

football forum

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

FUCK OFF NETFLIX.

Happened again. 4th time this year, all my list vanishes. Been gone for 5 days, briefly returned last night for 5 minutes. First time it happened the list returned a week later. Is fucking bollocks. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Happened again. 4th time this year, all my list vanishes. Been gone for 5 days, briefly returned last night for 5 minutes. First time it happened the list returned a week later. Is fucking bollocks. 

If you click on your account icon on the top right and select My List from there, is it still not showing?

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

If you click on your account icon on the top right and select My List from there, is it still not showing?

When I click my account I have stuff like change email and add phone number etc. Don't have my list up there.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

When I click my account I have stuff like change email and add phone number etc. Don't have my list up there.

Weird. 

When I click on the symbol there in top right corner:

IMG_20211223_001642.jpg

It shows me an option to click on "My List":

IMG_20211223_001739.jpg

And when I do, it shows my list...

Screenshot_2021-12-23-00-18-07-304_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg

Maybe Netflix just hates you 👀🙄

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Weird. 

When I click on the symbol there in top right corner:

IMG_20211223_001642.jpg

It shows me an option to click on "My List":

IMG_20211223_001739.jpg

And when I do, it shows my list...

Screenshot_2021-12-23-00-18-07-304_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg

Maybe Netflix just hates you 👀🙄

Netflix is racist. Watched 7 episodes from 10 of the first season of Snowpiercer. That's what's really hacked  me off. Am into a few series and this shit keeps happening. 

• Sad 1

• 7 months later...
22 hours ago, MUFC said:

Netflix losing subscribers has hardly anything to do with it being an ad free service (honestly laughable to suggest this being the primary reason). It is because for every Stranger Things, there are about 30 shows that are utterly horrible. For every The Irishman, there are about 50 films that are dog shit. 

Netlfix has a formula where they either recycle the same plot over and over again, or they create something that disregards any idea of a functioning plot, and instead focuses on what ever politically correct topic is trending. 

They then have the audacity to up the prices substantially year over year. And this bloke thinks people are leaving because they want ad services? 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

There is genuinely so much shite on Netflix. Probably the best thing you could do is unsubscribe until you've piled up 4-5 things from Netflix you want to watch and then subscribe for a couple of weeks or maybe months if you're a big pussy and your binge game ain't great.

Prime has comfortably overtaken Netflix for me now as basically any film I can think of, you can pay about £2.50 and just watch it on demand. Might be on top of the subscription fee but for me it's worth it for the convenience. I've given up searching for films on Netflix because it has lost so much stuff to the other streaming services like Disney+ as well.

That said, I'm yet to unsubscribe from Netflix and it's not something I'm thinking of at the moment.

I feel people are going to be turning to piracy more and more again.

The number of different subscriptions you now need to watch specific shows is growing too much and then combine that with the cost of living.

I've already got Netflix and Prime, and the only thing that interests me on Apple TV is Ted Lasso. I don't want to pay for a third service just to watch one TV show.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

you can pay about £2.50 and just watch it on demand. Might be on top of the subscription fee but for me it's worth it for the convenience.

For me it's a bit of a rip off to have to pay more on top of the subscription... You don't pay to watch a film at the cinema only to be told you will have to pay extra for the seat... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

For me it's a bit of a rip off to have to pay more on top of the subscription... You don't pay to watch a film at the cinema only to be told you will have to pay extra for the seat... 

Yeah but if I want to watch a film like right now I'm not buying a DVD and waiting for it to arrive days later when I won't be arsed anymore. xD

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah but if I want to watch a film like right now I'm not buying a DVD and waiting for it to arrive days later when I won't be arsed anymore. xD

Who the hell buy's DVD's these days.. xD

Thought that started dying out in the mid 90's, That was Netflix in it's infancy wasn't it?? Ordering a film and getting it in the post then returning it once watched?? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Who the hell buy's DVD's these days.. xD

Thought that started dying out in the mid 90's, That was Netflix in it's infancy wasn't it?? Ordering a film and getting it in the post then returning it once watched?? 

I've forgotten its name but there was something just before Netflix that was like that. LoveFilm or something? I remember people knocking on doors when I was at university so about 10 years ago offering subscriptions.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've forgotten its name but there was something just before Netflix that was like that. LoveFilm or something? I remember people knocking on doors when I was at university so about 10 years ago offering subscriptions.

I remember them.... forgot about them until you mentioned it

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

LoveFilm. Used to send you DVD’s in the post 😂

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Fed up with how shite Netflix is. Apart from Stranger Things and Ozark, what exactly do they have to entice us this year? Mediocre popcorn films like The Gray Man? Or maybe some other fucking shite buddy comedy film with Kevin Hart or some cunt in. Best films on there are the Studio Ghibli ones. 

Amazon do my head in for trying to charge me a fiver on top of a subscription to watch films and their original series leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention their layout is dogshit. 

Disney + is good. Wish they had a bit more selection on Star but their original content is usually good. Only Murders In The Building is on there as well so it gets high marks for that alone. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Fed up with how shite Netflix is. Apart from Stranger Things and Ozark, what exactly do they have to entice us this year? Mediocre popcorn films like The Gray Man? Or maybe some other fucking shite buddy comedy film with Kevin Hart or some cunt in. Best films on there are the Studio Ghibli ones. 

Amazon do my head in for trying to charge me a fiver on top of a subscription to watch films and their original series leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention their layout is dogshit. 

Disney + is good. Wish they had a bit more selection on Star but their original content is usually good. Only Murders In The Building is on there as well so it gets high marks for that alone. 

Do you watch Spanish series? In my opinion the Spanish series on Netflix are really good. But again it comes back to your point though, I've watched quite a few of them and there are none left to watch. I currently have nothing in my Netflix watchlist, last thing I watched was Snowpiercer. 

Edited by MUFC

• Subscriber
On 27/07/2022 at 02:32, RandoEFC said:

There is genuinely so much shite on Netflix. Probably the best thing you could do is unsubscribe until you've piled up 4-5 things from Netflix you want to watch and then subscribe for a couple of weeks or maybe months if you're a big pussy and your binge game ain't great.

Prime has comfortably overtaken Netflix for me now as basically any film I can think of, you can pay about £2.50 and just watch it on demand. Might be on top of the subscription fee but for me it's worth it for the convenience. I've given up searching for films on Netflix because it has lost so much stuff to the other streaming services like Disney+ as well.

That said, I'm yet to unsubscribe from Netflix and it's not something I'm thinking of at the moment.

Your whole post made sense from your perspective untill the hypocritical ending. Typical Everton fans talking shite... just like my best mate.... pffft x

I still see no comparison to be honest, the whole user experience of Netflix is like no other, i have Netlifx, Prime and Disney Plus aswell as my Smart IPTV subscription(if anyone's interested PM me - all live TV aswell as all on demand.. best out there and 24/7 support).

Been watching a few Mafia docs on Netflix this week.

• Subscriber
On 27/07/2022 at 16:01, DeadLinesman said:

LoveFilm. Used to send you DVD’s in the post 😂

Jesus i had a few of those. Also PS games. I'm sure i still owe them money actually from keeping the discs and forgetting xD

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1