Peru Appreciation Society

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I like their food 

Really? 

My ex father-in-law is married to a Peruvian woman, and she took us to the best Pervian place in Atlanta, and it was awful. A lot of friend food that just tasted rather bland. Maybe I got the wrong thing, but she ordered for everyone and I don't think anyone but her was impressed. 

10 hours ago, Eco said:

Really? 

My ex father-in-law is married to a Peruvian woman, and she took us to the best Pervian place in Atlanta, and it was awful. A lot of friend food that just tasted rather bland. Maybe I got the wrong thing, but she ordered for everyone and I don't think anyone but her was impressed. 

Don't talk shit. Ask ANYONE and they will tell you only Mexico is close to Peru's cuisine in Latinamerica.

You ordered the wrong thing definitely.

YOU’D BETTER BELIEVE Peru (and specifically Lima) is the culinary capital of Latin America. There’s so much happening here gastronomically, from traditional dishes that date back to the Incas, to exciting new fusions inspired by the many peoples and cultures that make up modern day Peru. After two years tasting my way across the country, here’s my pick of the standout Peruvian dishes that deserve a place in the spotlight.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/15-peruvian-foods-delicious-theyll-blow-mind/

If you don't see Peru as part of the "best cuisines" list in the world along with the likes of India, Italy or France it's probably because our marketing of the country is god awful. The fact Chile gets more tourists than us despite us being the history capital of the entire continent speaks louder than words. 

In terms of cuisine, there is no better foodie country than Peru in the Americas. Extremely common opinion to anyone who has tried our food.

21 hours ago, Eco said:

Really? 

Same.

10 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Don't talk shit. Ask ANYONE and they will tell you only Mexico is close to Peru's cuisine in Latinamerica.

You ordered the wrong thing definitely.

You're talking shite there too, whilst your cuisine is great, so is ours, you cannot beat Argentine asado and meat, pizza, ice cream, alfajores, dulce de leche.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The best South American meal I ever had was at a Brazilian barbecue place in Liverpool. I still fantasise about it

If you fantasize about Brazilian meat then you will be insane after you try our meat, there is really no going back. It is said only Kobe comes close.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

The best South American meal I ever had was at a Brazilian barbecue place in Liverpool. In fact it may even be the best meal I ever had, period.

I still fantasise about it.

Just now, nudge said:

Best South American meal is obviously Argentinian steak, hands down :x

@Berserker

Polite reminder. This is the Peru Appreciation Society.

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

You're talking shite there too, whilst your cuisine is great, so is ours, you cannot beat Argentine asado and meat, pizza, ice cream, alfajores, dulce de leche.

If you fantasize about Brazilian meat then you will be insane after you try our meat, there is really no going back. It is said only Kobe comes close.

It's common knowledge to say Argentine meat is top notch similar to say Peruvian food is arguably the best in all of the America's.

However, Peru and Mexico are the top 2 I think. Whenever I go back to Canada, I struggle to finish my meals because it's just not the same.

Just now, Azeem said:

Is there any other country that has four or less letters in it's name like Peru ? USA etc don't count.

Good question, there's not many.

Togo, Oman, Fiji, Mali, Laos, Iraq and Iran I think are the only others.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Is there any other country that has four or less letters in it's name like Peru ? USA etc don't count.

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Good question, there's not many.

Togo, Oman, Fiji, Mali, Laos, Iraq and Iran I think are the only others.

16 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Missed those i could only think of Guam but technically it's not a country of it's own.

Chad & Cuba. 

• Administrator

I believe Peru is one of only 3 countries with 4 letters in their name that has the same number of letters as their capital (Peru & Lima; Fiji & Suva; Togo & Lome). 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

I believe Peru is one of only 3 countries with 4 letters in their name that has the same number of letters as their capital (Peru & Lima; Fiji & Suva; Togo & Lome). 

Amazing. What a wonderful country Peru is.

Did you know Peru has the highest sand dune in the world? Cerro Blanco sand dune measures 1176.528m from the base to the summit. The best part is that there all always extremely hot women sand boarding there, and from what I've heard they are always willing to have sex with visitors. Amazing country.

585087351c00001e000eb634.jpg?ops=scalefi

Archived