The better place to talk football.

UEFA Postpone Euro 2020 to Summer 2021

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It works out at less than £3m per club across the five major leagues. 

I'm not so worried about the amount the leagues have to pay for this more than the why? If they want to recoup the amount spent for the tournament then is there going to be some kind of reimbursement when the tournament does happen in a year's time? 

Why is it the clubs problem, why should they have to foot the bill? 

But I suppose if every single club in every single European League had to cough up some money, I don't think that what they would have to pay would be that much. However,  I still don't agree with the principle of what UEFA are demanding.

I think that everyone sensible would agree that postponing the Euros to the summer of 2021, is at this stage the best solution, as it is imperative that the leagues and the UEFA club competitions are completed this year, even if the season is extended into late June.

• The title was changed to UEFA Postpone Euro 2020 to Summer 2021
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/03/2020 at 05:15, Stan said:

From clubs as well? Why?

I believe that some one of the reasons for postponing the euros was to give the club tournaments a chance to be finished. Even though many probably will not, I still think it makes some sense for the clubs to pay a little for a decition they could profit from.

• 9 months later...

Archived