talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peter Whittingham Dies Aged 35

football forum

Jesus. What a shitter 2020 is turning into. Bad news after bad news...

Not 'official' yet, but all over Twitter he has passed away, with people claiming it to be true.

At this time of writing, let's hope not but these things often look ominous. Where there's fuel, there's fire etc.

Apparently he had a bad fall down the stairs, left him unconscious and was last known to be fighting in intensive care.

A very decent player, one of the most talented to grace the Championship and a wand of a left foot. An absolute pain in our arse on many an occasion when at Cardiff. Scored some crackers.

Just a reminder. 35 years of age. THIRTY FIVE. Life can be such a cunt. Don't be true...

Hope you pull through.

gettyimages-805660302-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.727feb425d305d10b24f251e64569f0a.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Fucking hell if that's true that's devastating. There was a time in the Championship where he'd be one of the best players for a good few years. Someone who'd be able to turn a game around with that whip of his left foot. 

Only 35 as well. Madness. RIP. 

On 18/03/2020 at 12:33, Bluebird Hewitt said:

In hospital with head injuries according to BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51928263

I heard about intensive care but fuck knows how those reporting him dead got that information. 

Unfortunately, it is now official. Peter Whittingham has died at the age of 35.

I hope whenever we play our next home game, he gets one hell of an appreciation and send off from us. 

@Fairy In Boots, @Carnivore Chris, @tlr and @JOSHBRFC

• The title was changed to Peter Whittingham Dies Aged 35

Fuck sake. What a fucking horrible year this is so far. Can we start again?

Looks like whoever leaked the information originally were virtually right but it was still insensitive to say it and thus spread a rumour.

Feel for his family.

Rest in peace.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Fuck sake. What a fucking horrible year this is so far. Can we start again?

Looks like whoever leaked the information originally were virtually right but it was still insensitive to say it and thus spread a rumour.

Feel for his family.

Rest in peace.

Terry Phillips (who reported it) had apparently come out and admitted he was wrong as his source (usually reliable) was incorrect in regards to the initial death report. 

Take that as you please but it shouldn't overshadow this. 

RIP Whitts you beautiful legend. 

R.I.P. Peter Whittingham.

He was a great player at Championship level and he will always be remembered. He has passed away at such a young age, it's very sad.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this moment in time.

So sad to hear this, one of the greatest players to ever grace the Championship and surely one of the most gifted and loyal players Cardiff ever had. No age at all and I feel for his family for both their loss and the way they must have seen this story pan put to the public. Also feel for Cardiff and especially their younger fans - must be awful to see the main man of the team you grew up watching pass away so soon.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I hope whenever we play our next home game, he gets one hell of an appreciation and send off from us. 

Awful news mate and I just heard about it now on the way home and it's not an age to die at all. He's only a year older than I am.

R.I.P.

When he was at a Villa and just in and around the first team I sat in spearmint Rhino on the table next to him, Liam Ridgewell and I can’t remember the other on a Tuesday night they were watching a lady dance upon the pole and drinking champagne. 

needless to say he was a fan of tits so I can certainly relate to that RIP

Life’s precious. Go out on the piss with your mates and something innocuous can happen and that’s it. I’ve got no feelings either way on Whittingham, I’m probably guilty of not knowing his weight and popularity at Cardiff, but leaving behind a pregnant wife has really been like a metaphorical kick in the balls. RIP. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 19/03/2020 at 14:11, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Such a shame mate. I’m sure he will remembered in some way by you guys. It’s more sad what he left behind. 

• 11 months later...

Archived