talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Shall We Talk About?

football forum

There’s a distinct lack of Football chat, understandably, at the minute and frankly, I’m a bit bored about the blind panic that is Covid-19 and the pure speculation about it and when football will return. With that in mind, I’ve been thinking about what football related things we can talk about instead. 

My ideas so far: 

- International tournaments. Each week or two we talk about a World Cup or Euros and reminisce about World Cup songs, England’s inevitable collapse, surprise packages, shirts, goals etc. 

- Premier League Years. A TV programme, along with Masters Football (remember that?) that was produced by the God's. No idea if it’s on TV at the minute but again, each week we could discuss each Premier League season in detail and wallow in nostalgia.

Any other suggestions?   

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s a distinct lack of Football chat, understandably, at the minute and frankly, I’m a bit bored about the blind panic that is Covid-19 and the pure speculation about it and when football will return. With that in mind, I’ve been thinking about what football related things we can talk about instead. 

My ideas so far: 

- International tournaments. Each week or two we talk about a World Cup or Euros and reminisce about World Cup songs, England’s inevitable collapse, surprise packages, shirts, goals etc. 

- Premier League Years. A TV programme, along with Masters Football (remember that?) that was produced by the God's. No idea if it’s on TV at the minute but again, each week we could discuss each Premier League season in detail and wallow in nostalgia.

Any other suggestions?   

Nice. I like it.

Perhaps internationally we can talk about iconic games that live in memory. One that immediately comes to mind is that Portgual/Holland match. Legendary.

A best [insert type of] goals category i.e overhead kicks, free-kicks, screamers, team goals etc...

Now would be a great time for @RandoEFC to finish the TF365 team. Forget the kids mate. We need looking after. We are your priority. 

• Subscriber

A football-related quiz would not go amiss now and then in here plus old games from years gone by and all of the other ideas mentioned. 

All this Covid-19 can be tiring tbh, I know with my age and health issues it concerns me and I will listen and take note then try and think of something else besides hearing about what we should do, our daughter is an ex-nurse and care worker for the elderly and she watches over me and the wife like a hawk, that will do us.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

My ideas so far: 

Any other suggestions?   

I like these ideas. We could do it like some of the guys are doing the TF365 Film Club, except with major tournaments and Premier League seasons. The latter would certainly work well as you could watch the Premier League Years (can you get them on demand anywhere?) and then discuss the season afterwards.

• Subscriber

Not sure if this is the right spot for this so here goes.

Quote.thumb.png.dc8fe75904c8c6c27c77a9a0330266b1.png

The English Game: Netflix replays the birth of modern football

download.thumb.png.85eba69b48968b5bf05f0f22251065b4.png

With elite football suspended because of the coronavirus, fans can still get their fix on TV - in the form of 1880s matches in a new Netflix drama from Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes about the men who sowed the seeds for the beautiful game.

It's the 1883 FA Cup final, and Old Etonian's captain Arthur Kinnaird wins the ball deep in his own half before running the length of the pitch, beating three opposition players and firing a screamer towards the top corner.

He lets out a roar of celebration, followed by backslaps and handshakes with his team-mates.

It's all captured in glorious high definition by a cameraman carrying a Steadicam, the hi-tech stabilised TV kit usually used to film the Premier League.

FULL REPORT

Archived