talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trouble Working

football forum

Anyone have any tips to those who have trouble working?

I have no expectations on me thankfully, but at the moment I am slightly struggling to get my next YT video out or start with my freelance writing. Partly is cos I'm slacking off, but I'm also lacking confidence. Anyone ever have this problem or have any advice to overcome this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Get a proper job. And just in case you think I'm taking the piss - I'm not. Get a job with a defined schedule and clear requirements and oversight to attain more discipline and develop work ethic. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Get a proper job. And just in case you think I'm taking the piss - I'm not. Get a job with a defined schedule and clear requirements and oversight to attain more discipline and develop work ethic. 

The question was motivation tricks. I know where you're coming from though. In a workplace I seem to work better too so you're not far off the truth for a lot of people. Obviously right now it's not a great moment to look for a job due to this whole pandemic.

I just feel a bit useless really. I can't even get working on my own projects.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The question was motivation tricks. I know where you're coming from though. In a workplace I seem to work better too so you're not far off the truth for a lot of people. Obviously right now it's not a great moment to look for a job due to this whole pandemic.

I just feel a bit useless really. I can't even get working on my own projects.

That was my point. Stop relying on motivation; it's temporary and it comes and goes - there are no "tricks" really. Rely on developing discipline instead as it translates into habit.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

That was my point. Stop relying on motivation; it's temporary and it comes and goes - there are no "tricks" really. Rely on developing discipline instead as it translates into habit.

Thanks. I thought I was the only one.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Anyone have any tips to those who have trouble working?

I have no expectations on me thankfully, but at the moment I am slightly struggling to get my next YT video out or start with my freelance writing. Partly is cos I'm slacking off, but I'm also lacking confidence. Anyone ever have this problem or have any advice to overcome this?

Apply for 5 jobs a day, with a well written resume and cover letter. Save your money and don't spend 50 pounds on an online forum. Focus your time an energy on your craft and spend less time on your time drainers (forums, video games, youtube, tv...)

Archived