talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Memories

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/03/2020 at 04:20, Smiley Culture said:

Life’s all a bit weird and shit at the minute. Pasta is a greater commodity than Gold and Toilet Roll is selling for more per gram than cocaine but I want to step away from the now and get all nostalgic about the Premier League and here we can wallow in nostalgia till life resumes to some form of normality. 

I’ll start...Stoke City. Shithouses. A massive set of big, nasty bastards with long throws, old fashioned target men and two footed tackles all over the place. What a side. Why they ever went away from what they were good at, I don’t know. I loved how Arsenal had lost at the Britannia the day the fixtures come out, let alone on the day. 

I didn’t appreciate how good of a first paragraph that was until just now.

On 22/03/2020 at 21:08, The Palace Fan said:

Kevin Keegan's Newcastle. With David Ginola, Les Ferdinand, Peter Beardsley, Rob Lee, Warren Barton and Faustino Asprilla's great smile. Great times.

Watched Premier League years 1993/94. Andy Cole at Newcastle United was something else.

He has to be one of the most underrated Premier League strikers of all time given hes usually mentioned about his partnership with Dwight Yorke.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived