talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

As far as I remember the Ref blew up and then was told it was too early and then went on and still blew up after 43/44 minutes and Maltesers (the sweetie version) would have gone much better with beer than aquavit - he probably would have made to the 45 that way!:hh:

Probably, but then it would have also not become a cult part of the history xD 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

A man would have had a bask brannvin to knock the hangover out of him.

Höttges even had to strip him down to his underwear, put him under the shower and rub Wick all over him before the kick off in order to get him going xD "Wir sind Männer und trinken keine Fanta" was Ahlenfelder's explanation afterwards xD 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wow much better than I thought!

Surprised people didn't get closer with the TV question - Bundesliga came about in 60s so thought it'd be around then.

That Koln mascot one - had no idea it's a real fucking goat xD. Think I would have given a different answer otherwise!

Like @Viva la FCB I thought I went high enough to be a relatively close but I was also way off!
giphy.gif

• Subscriber

Round 4

1. Name the oldest player to win Footballer of the Year award in Germany. (1 pt)
  2. Name the only 1. Bundesliga player to win "Goal of the month" award with an own goal. (1 pt)
  3. Which German player got into debt of almost a million Euro betting on cricket matches while drunk? (1 pt)
  4. Which former player had a nickname exactly the same as the screen name of one of the participants of this quiz? (1 pt)
  5. Which club's mascot was claimed to be kidnapped by the ultras? What was the reason behind it? (2 pts)
  6. Name the former 1. Bundesliga player who had a song dedicated to him by an Austrian rock band in the 90s. (1 pt)
  7. A few years ago an amateur club had their kit sponsor banned by their local football association. Why? Who was the sponsor? (2 pt)
  8. Name the club which had a living mascot, but cooked it and served it to the players of the club before an important match. What animal was it? (2 pts)
  9. Name the manager who was sacked and given a stadium ban by his former club. What was the reason? Additional point for naming the club. (3 pts)
10. Name the manager who lost a bet and had to walk 170 km from Nürnberg to München. (1 pt)

Please submit your answers until Saturday 00:00 CET.

@Azeem @Dan @Faithcore @Rucksackfranzose @SchalkeUK @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dan said:

To be honest I'm just in this to learn some of the daft trivia xD I'm happy with 7th out of 10 given my knowledge is very vague.

To be fair it's also intended to be quite difficult. It's possible to know some of the answers and logically deduct some of the others, but overall I think it's rather challenging. If the majority finds it too difficult though and would like easier questions then by all means let me know!

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright Im pretty sure I got none right on this one :57_cry:

I think I've got one but even then barely 50% sure xD 

• The title was changed to The Neverending German Football Quiz

Archived