• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@nudge, is Relling the only one who's answer is missing?

Relling and SchalkeUK. I think both won't participate anymore, so I'll just update it tomorrow. Was busy with work and frankly, forgot about this completely... 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, nudge said:

Relling and SchalkeUK. I think both won't participate anymore, so I'll just update it tomorrow. Was busy with work and frankly, forgot about this completely... 

Both have PM's me saying to they're happy to give me their points they would have got. Turns out they would have got full marks. Thanks! 

• Subscriber

Round 7 answers

1. Name the currently active player who holds the record of having played for 6 different clubs in the 1.Bundesliga throughout his career so far? (1 pt)

Max Kruse. Has played for Bremen, Mönchengladbach, Freiburg, St. Pauli, Wolfsburg and now Union in the 1. Liga.
Correct answers: Deco, Rucksackfranzose, Stan, Tommy, Viva la FCB

2. Which 3 foreign countries (i.e. not Germany) has the highest number of nationals playing in the 1. Bundesliga? (3 pts)

Austria (31 players), France (30 players), Netherlands (20 players). 
Correct answers/Points: Rucksackfranzose (3 pts), Azeem (2 pts), Faithcore (2 pts), Stan (2 pts), Dan (1 pt), Deco (1 pt), Spike (1 pt), Tommy (1 pt)

3. Which club in the 1.Bundesliga has the most homegrown players in their squad this season? (1 pt)

FC Köln with 11 homegrown players in their squad.
Corrects answers: Faithcore, Stan

4. Name the player who has scored the most match-winning goals in the history of the 1.Bundesliga (1 pt)

Gerd Müller with 91 match-winning goals for Bayern. 
Correct answers: Azeem, Faithcore, Tommy, Viva la FCB

5. Name the only player in the history of German football who has scored more than 100 goals in each 1. and 2. Bundesliga (1 pt)

The one and only Bruno Labaddia. Scored 103 goals in 1. and 101 goals in 2. Bundesliga.
Correct answers: Rucksackfranzose

6. Which currently active player has scored the most own goals in the 1. Bundesliga? (1 pt)

Martin Hinteregger with 5 own goals. He's only one own goal away from equalising the record currently held by Nikolce Noveski and Manfred Kaltz (both 6 own goals).
Correct answers: Deco, Tommy

7. Name the player who holds the record of the longest ban in 1.Bundesliga. Bonus points for correctly guessing the lenght of the ban (# of weeks) and the reason (3 pt)

Levan Kobiashvili, 30 weeks for punching the referee to the back of his head in the tunnel after Hertha lost the relegation playoff against Fortuna in 2012. Initally he was banned for a year, but it was reduced to 7.5 months.
Correct answers: none. Dan gets 1 point here for correctly guessing the reason of the ban! Tommy was close with the duration of the ban, but still 1.5 months too short.

8. Which former manager had a nickname alluding to a well-known brand of light bulbs? (1 pt)

Jupp Heynckes, who was given the nickname "Osram" due to his face often turning red.
Correct answers: Faithcore, Rucksackfranzose, Tommy

9. Name the former player who was once prosecuted for attacking a group of teenagers with a samurai sword (1 Pt)

Thorsten Legat. He pulled a samurai sword after getting into a conflict with a group of youths who alleged attempted to threaten him and his wife in a parking lot of some fast food venue. One of the teens was injured, Legat was legally prosecuted but the case was closed and he was just ordered to pay a 1000€ to a charitable institution.
Correct answers: Deco, Tommy

10.Which player is responsible for DFB introducing a suspension for yellow card accumulation in the late 70s? (1 pt)

Walter Frosch, after the managed to get 18 (or 19 - the actual number is still disputed) yellow cards in a single season in 1976/77. That led to DFB implementing a 1 match ban for accumulating 4 yellow cards.
Correct answers: none

--------------------------------------------------

Round 7 Results:

1. Rucksackfranzose   6 pts
    Tommy                      6 pts
  2. Faithcore                   5 pts
  3. Deco                           4 pts
    Stan                            4 pts
  4. Azeem                        3 pts
  5. Dan                             2 pts
    Viva la FCB                2 pts
  6. Spike                           1 pts

Standings after Round 7:

Kp0wDrA.png

Azeem @Dan @Deco @Faithcore @Rucksackfranzose @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB 

Pretty happy with my score, but I really thought Switzerland was among the most nations in the Bundesliga. I probably watch too much Gladbach where basically the whole Swiss national team plays. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pretty happy with my score, but I really thought Switzerland was among the most nations in the Bundesliga. I probably watch too much Gladbach where basically the whole Swiss national team plays. 

Switzerland is 4th, just outside the top 3... 17 Swiss players in total.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Swiss was actually my first guess, I really should have done better on that question though argh. 

• Subscriber

Azeem @Dan @Deco @Faithcore @Rucksackfranzose @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB 

Round 8:

1. Which club was the founding member of the Bundesliga, but played there for one season only and never managed to get promoted again? (1 pt)
2. Who holds the record of the fastest goal by a substitute player in 1. Bundesliga? How long did it take him to score after coming on? (2 pt)
3. Which club had a nickname "Texas 11" for a few years after WWII? What was the reason for it? (2 pts)
4. Which club had most players in the German national team that won the World Cup in 1954? (1 pt)
5. Which former manager had a beach chair installed for him next to the pitch in the clubs's stadium? (1 pt)
6. Name the player who holds the record of being the oldest debutant in the 1. Bundesliga. How old was he at the time of his debut? (2 pts)
7. Name three players who were called "the magic triangle" in mid 90s. (3 pts)
8. Which former national team player had to end his career because of a serious car accident? (1 pt)
9. Who holds the record of most goals scored in a DFB Pokal match? How many goals did he score? (2 pts)
10.Which player holds the record of the longest-range goal in 1. Bundesliga? What was the distance? (2 pts)

7 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Tonight Inga will post the results and tomorrow we can expect round 9.

Can't wait! 

Don't stretch your luck. I was already surprised by Round 8 coming so quickly. 

31 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Ach. Ich war schon immer gut darin Sachen einzufordern und selber nichts beizutragen :ph34r:

Dito. Wie ich an den Moderatoren-Job hier gekommen bin, ist mir immernoch ein Rätsel. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Dito. Wie ich an den Moderatoren-Job hier gekommen bin, ist mir immernoch ein Rätsel. 

"Er ist wahrscheinlich zufällig mit dem Fahrrad vorbeigefahren", sagte Berti Vogts damals über die Entscheidung Gladbachs, Max Eberl als Nachfolger von Christian Ziege in die Position des Sportdirektors zu heben.

• The title was changed to The Neverending German Football Quiz

Archived