talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Would you have known all the answers if you weren't the host of this? 

No xD I'd only have known 2, 6, 7, 8 for sure. Maaaaaybe would have guessed 1 but no guarantee there.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

No xD I'd only have known 2, 6, 7, 8 for sure. Maaaaaybe would have guessed 1 but no guarantee there.

6 will give me a headache once it's revealed. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure what will come first. The next masked footballer from @Pyfish, the answers to this quiz is the cure for coronavirus. 

Or knowing what John was on about with his Rome/Napoleon thing. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Surprised, since commentators mention it always every single time, they show a match of this club. Was lost on 6, though. Intrigued to see, who he was.

7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Surprised, since commentators mention it always every single time, they show a match of this club. Was lost on 6, though. Intrigued to see, who he was.

I'm probably not watching enough matches of this team then. I chose the number 2 on that list :ph34r:

But as I mentioned before. I just answered the questions right away without putting much thought in it :P

1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

@Tommy told me that since yesterday he has dusted off all vhs tapes with the Bundesliga classics. Same goes for his Kicker Sonderheft collection.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwkixE0-Umwt_yjW_8Vo-

Kicker Sonderheft. Those were exciting times whenever it was released. With Stecktabelle of course! 

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Looked today for cleaning material and learned something new. If I knew there was a brand called this I could 've answered N° 6.:(

I anticipate the answer to that question very much. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Looked today for cleaning material and learned something new. If I knew there was a brand called this I could 've answered N° 6.:(

If that's the same brand I had in mind writing down that question then I'm honestly mind-blown that you haven't heard of it before :4_joy: 

• Subscriber

So here we go... 

Question 1: Which club holds the record of most relegations from the 1. Bundesliga? (1 pt)
Correct answer: 1. FC Nürnberg (9 times)

@Rucksackfranzose is the only participant to get this one right. Other clubs named were Fortuna Düsseldorf, Arminia Bielefeld, Augsburg, 1. FC Köln, Frankfurt and Hannover.

Question 2: Name the stadium (or a club that plays there) that has urinals with the pitch view. (1 pt)
Correct answer: Mercedes-Benz Arena (VfB Stuttgart)

@Tommy and @Rucksackfranzose each get 1 point for getting this right. Two of you thought that this is the idea implemented by FC Bayern München, others named 1860 München, Hoffenheim, Leipzig, St. Pauli.

Question 3: Name five clubs that have played their home matches in the Olympiastadion Berlin (not including "neutral" status like the venue for the DFB Pokal final). (5 pts)
Correct answer: Hertha
Tennis Borussia BerlinTasmaniaBlau-Weiß BerlinHansa Rostock. So four clubs from Berlin and one from Rostock - Hansa were given "Platzsperre" due to fan trouble in a match against St Pauli and had to play their home match against Eintracht Frankurt on 28th October 1995 in Olympiastadion instead. Funnily enough, that match attendance (58492 spectators) is still their all time attendance record. However, after checking all answers I realised I screwed up here a bit as I missed the FC Viktoria who played home matches in Olympiastadion in 1955 and 1956. Therefore those who mentioned it are getting 1 point as well.

This means @Faithcore gets the maximum 5 points here with @Rucksackfranzose close behind him with 4 clubs named correctly. @Tommy and @SchalkeUK follow with 2 correct clubs. Everyone else gets 1 point for naming BSC Hertha. 

Question 4: How many liters of beer can the DFB-Pokal hold? (1 pt)
Correct answer: 8 liters

This was just a fun one for people to guesstimate. Well done @SchalkeUK for being the only one to guess it right. There were quite a few close calls with 7 and 6 liters; 10 liters was the most popular answer. Special mention to @Azeem for guessing it could hold 65 liters - that would be great!

Question 5: How long is the beer pipeline in the Veltins-Arena? (1 pt)
Correct answer: 5 kilometers. 

Another non-serious one. Credit to @Dan for getting it right despite being very unsure about it, judging from three question marks at the end of his answer. Well done  @SchalkeUK who also got it right - probably due to years of experience with beer in the Veltins-Arena. @Stan made me deal with imperial units and his guess of 3 miles was just close enough (4,82803 km) for him to be awarded a point as well. @Viva la FCB chose to use feet and made me work again but his guess (5000 feet = 1,524 km) was unfortunately not good enough! Also a very special mention to @Spike as I was very tempted to award him a point for his answer which claimed the pipeline was "not long enough" xD 

Question 6: Name the player who had a nickname alluding to a well-known cleaning products brand. (1 pt)
Correct answer: Günter "Meister" Pröpper 

meister-proper-kostenlos-geld-zurueck.pn

Everyone's favourite question. @Faithcore deserves the praise for being the only one to get it! We had a few interesting answers with Manuel Neuer, Ulf Kirsten, Michael Ballack and Jürgen Klinsmann being mentioned.

Question 7: Name the club that managed to win the 1.Bundesliga title directly after being promoted? (1 pt)
Correct answer: 1. FC Kaiserslautern 

This is the question that most of you knew and answered correctly. Only two wrong answers (Mönchengladbach and HSV).

Question 8: Name the club with most 3. Liga titles. (1 pt)
Correct answer: VfL Osnabrück (2 titles).

Three of you (@Rucksackfranzose@SchalkeUK@Tommy) got it right. Good guesses otherwise; this wasn't an easy one.

Question 9: Name the first ever German national team player to be sent off on his debut. (1 pt)
Correct answer: Jerome Boateng in a World Cup qualifier against Russia in 2009. Started the match, got his first yellow card in the 42nd minute and then sent off 27 minutes later.

Shout out to @SchalkeUK for being the only one with the correct answer! 

Question 10: Name the two clubs involved in the match where a Verbandsliga club ever eliminated a 1. Bundesliga club in the DFB Pokal for the first time ever (2 pts)
Correct answer: SSV Ulm vs 1. FC Nürnberg in 2001/02. Ulm were playing in 2. Bundesliga a year before but financial troubles and subsequent insolvency meant they had to start anew in the Verbandsliga. Ulm won the Pokal match 2-1 and eliminated Nürnberg in the first round of the cup.

Arguably the toughest question. @Faithcore gets 1 point for correctly naming Ulm but misses out on two points for naming Köln as the eliminated Bundesliga club instead of Nürnberg. @Rucksackfranzose's answers (SC Geislingen vs HSV) made me nervous as I thought I might have screwed up again - however after checking it I believe Geislingen were an Oberliga club when they eliminated HSV in 1984/85 in the cup after getting promoted in previous season!

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Question 8: Name the club with most 3. Liga titles. (1 pt)
Correct answer: VfL Osnabrück (2 titles).

Three of you (@Rucksackfranzose@SchalkeUK@Tommy) got it right. Good guesses otherwise; this wasn't an easy one.

Damn, that was a shot in the dark. Didn't expect to get that right. 

• The title was changed to The Neverending German Football Quiz

Archived