The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Am sorry. 

I didn't mean you xD I just meant that some people who don't know me well enough might be confused reading some random (for them) name 😂

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I didn't mean you xD I just meant that some people who don't know me well enough might be confused reading some random (for them) name 😂

It's okay, I don't think people will be able to guess @Tommy's name either so all good in my eyes.

• Subscriber

I think I've got all the answers now, unless someone else wants to join.

I'll post the answers and everyone's points tomorrow when I'm on the laptop, but this is probably the highest-scoring round so far!

• Subscriber

Round 10 Answers

1. Name three most used names for football clubs in Germany (not including the name of the city or abbreviations like FC, SV, etc.) - 3 pts
DJK (Deutche Jugendkraft) - 484 clubs, Eintracht - 299 clubs, Blau-Weiß - 237 clubs.
Other popular ones: Germania - 201 clubs, Rot-Weiß - 177 clubs, Viktoria - 132 clubs, Fortuna - 120 clubs, Union - 73 clubs, Borussia - 54 clubs.

2. What is the oldest still existing German football club? When was it founded? - 2 pts
Berliner FC Germania 1888 - as the name indicates, founded in 1888 and still existing today. Quite a few people thought Bochum should be the oldest one founded in 1848, but that's not the case - this is when the original gymnastics club was founded, and the football department was only formed in 1911. 

3. Name the northernmost, southernmost, easternmost, and westernmost football club in the first top three German divisions (1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga)  - 4 pts
North - Kiel, South - Freiburg, East - Dresden, West - Gladbach.

4. Name the clubs with the highest and lowest stadium capacity in the first top three German divisions (1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga) - 2 pts
BVB (Signal Iduna Park with 81365 capacity), Viktoria Berlin (Stadion Lichterfelde with 4300 capacity).

5. Name three lowest-altitude stadiums (or clubs that play there) in the first top three German divisions (1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga). - 3 pts
Werder (7 m above sea level), Meppen (15 m), St. Pauli (19 m).

6. Name three highest-altitude stadiums (or clubs that play there) in the first top three German divisions (1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga). - 3 pts
Heidenheim (555m above sea level), 1860 (536m), Türkgücü (521m).

7. What is the longest distance between two clubs in the 2. Bundesliga? Name the two clubs and the distance in kilometers. - 3 pts
Heidenheim to Kiel, 632 km linear distance, 750 km driving distance.

8. Which current 3. Liga club has improved the most in the last decade in terms of making the biggest climb through divisions? - 1 pt
Türkgücü, from 8.Liga in 2011 to 3.Liga in 2021.

9. Which German club holds the record of most concecutive seasons spent in 2. Bundesliga? How many seasons? - 2 pts
Fortuna Köln, 26 seasons.

10. How many clubs in the first top three German divisions (1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga) haven't sold their stadium naming rights?
23 clubs.

Round 10 Scores:

1. Rucksackfranzose - 15 pts
  2. Faithcore - 9 pts
  3. ROBBIEFC - 8 pts
  4. Eco - 7 pts
    Tommy - 7 pts
  5. Coma - 6 pts
  6. Dan - 5 pts
    Stan - 5 pts
  7. Viva la FCB - 3 pts
  8. Spike - 2 pts
  9. Khan of TF365 - 1 pt

@Coma @Dan @Eco @Faithcore @Khan of TF365 @ROBBIEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Overall standings coming shortly! Let me know if there are any mistakes...

• Subscriber

Standings after Round 10:

1. Rucksackfranzose - 70 pts
  2. Faithcore - 63 pts
  3. Tommy - 47 pts
  4. SchalkeUK - 29 pts
  5. Stan - 26 pts
  6. Deco - 21 pts
  7. Viva la FCB - 17 pts
  8. Dan - 16 pts
  9. Spike - 9 pts
  10. Khan of TF365 - 8 pts
    ROBBIEFC - 8 pts
  11. Eco - 7 pts
  12. Coma - 6 pts
  13. Relling - 2 pts

Once again, let me know if there are any mistakes! New round will be coming next week, hopefully.

• The title was changed to The Neverending German Football Quiz
  • Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

@nudge Pretty sure I interpreted some of those questions incorrectly xD

To be honest, some of them were worded pretty confusingly, I tried to formulate them better but still not ideal xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be honest, some of them were worded pretty confusingly, I tried to formulate them better but still not ideal xD 

I just hope you knew I meant 1860 when I referred to 'that other munich club' xD I really try to not use any outside reference

Archived