talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Subscriber

Round 13 - Answers

1.First Brazilian ever to play in the 1. Bundesliga failed to adapt and left the league and the country under pretense of having a very unusual allergy. What was he allergic to, according to him and his doctor? (1 pt) -  The player in question was Zeze, and his excuse was an allergy for...snow. 

2. Name the German player whose nickname is Miraculix. Additional point for the reason behind the nickname (2 pt) - Sven Michel, because of his extensive interest in and knowledge of wild forest plants.

3. Which current Hertha BSC player likes painting in his free time and even donated several of his paintings to help the flood victims laat year? (1 pt) - Lukas Klünter, who started painting with two of his friends years ago, and kept it as a hobby as it helps him unwind. Last year, he auctioned his paintings and donated the money to the flood victims. 

4. Name a German club other than FC Köln that also had an actual living goat as a mascot for years? What was the name of the first goat mascot of this club? Hint: it was named after a player (2 pt) - the only thing this question did was to show how poor our reading comprehension is :ph34r: Anyway, the right answer is Werder Bremen, who had a goat as a mascot from 1964 to the late 80s. The name of the goat was Pico, in honour of Arnold "Pico" Schütz.

pico_maskottchen_des_sv_werder_bremen.jp

5. Which current Bundesliga player was nicknamed Micky Mouse by his youth coaches because of his body shape? (1 pt) - Sasa Kalajdzic, who was so small and tiny as a teenager, that no professional academy wanted him as they didn't think he had what it takes to become a professional footballer.

6. A foreign footballer who played for a German club and won the championship with them before WWII got arrested and brought to a concentration camp because of his work for the resistance against Nazis in his home country during the war. His former teammate and former best friend was a commendant of the same concentration camp prior to his arrival. Name the German club he played for and his country of origin (2 pts) - Asbjørn Halvorsen, a Norwegian who played for HSV. Very interesting, sad story. Give it a read.

7. Name the 3. Liga club that built its VIP lounges using freight containers (1 pt) - SV Meppen. VIP Tower in all its glory:

vip-tower-sv-meppen-januar-2022.jpg

8. When Christian Ziege was a kid, he made a bet with his father that he'd become a national team player. The loser of the bet had to buy a case of a certain popular drink. What was the drink in question? (1 pt) - Fanta. Very random, I know :ph34r:

9. In the 80s, a DFB Cup match was stopped for several minutes because the fans of one team threw smoke bombs with tear gas on the pitch and into the opposition fans' tribune, leaving some players crawling on the pitch. Name the two teams involved (2 pts) - DFB-Pokal semifinal, Mönchengladbach v Bremen in 1984. A completely crazy match, which ended with Gladbach winning 5:4 it after extra time. Do yourself a favour and give it a watch:

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/dfbpokal/video-historie-dramatisches--zwischen-gladbach-und-bremen-im-dfb-pokal-halbfinale--100.html

10. What was the first German club to introduce the concept of a team council (Mannschaftsrat) (1 pt) - Mönchengladbach in 1969, when Günter Netzer, Berti Vogts and Peter Dietrich were voted by Gladbach players to represent them in discussions with the manager (Hennes Weisweiler) regarding team style of play and transfers.

Safe to say, this was a tough round again xD I've got some pretty hilarious answers, too. You lot got pretty creative making up allergies like grass, pork, German beer, or German people for the 1st question... xD 

The scores for Round 13:

1. @Tommy - 6 pts
  2. @Coma - 2 pts
    @Rucksackfranzose - 2 pts
  3. @Aladdin - 1 pt
    @Faithcore - 1 pt
    @Stan - 1 pt
  4. @Spike - 0 pts
    @Viva la FCB - 0 pts

Current standings after Round 13:

1. Rucksackfranzose - 82 pts
  2. Faithcore - 77 pts
  3. Tommy - 67 pts
  4. Stan - 31 pts
  5. SchalkeUK - 29 pts
  6. Deco - 21 pts
  7. Viva la FCB - 18 pts
  8. Dan - 16 pts
  9. ROBBIEFC - 14 pts
  10. Spike - 12 pts
  11. Aladdin - 10 pts
  12. Coma - 8 pts
    Eco - 8 pts
  13. Relling - 2 pts

@Tommy is the clear winner of the round, reducing the gap between him and @Faithcore to 10 pts. @Rucksackfranzose extends his lead by 1 point, while @Coma is starting to threaten @Aladdin and @Spike right in front of him. @Stan strengthens his P4 with 1 more point, while @Viva la FCB is still relatively safe in the mid-table, but might start to feel pressure soon from the trio in 10-11-12 :D 

Thanks for playing folks, let me know if there are any mistakes or miscalculations!

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sasa Kalajdzic, who was so small and tiny as a teenager

Wow, really? What did they feed him then? Plutonium?

Anyway, very pleased with how I did. Didn't expect it. My brain is still good for something after all. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Wow, really? What did they feed him then? Plutonium?

Anyway, very pleased with how I did. Didn't expect it. My brain is still good for something after all. 

Schnitzel and Kaiserschmarrn three times a day!

• Subscriber

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

We will have three fast rounds of easier* points in the next few weeks. A little hint: brush up your knowledge on random facts about current 1. & 2. Bundesliga as well as 3. Liga clubs and players :ph34r:

*Terms & Conditions apply. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

easier xD 

Which 2. Bundesliga player had cereal for breakfast on 125 days last year, and what is the name of his sister's dog?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is this where @nudge was getting her questions from?!

No, I would have asked what did the club representative had for breakfast before announcing the club's decision to revert to the old name... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

No, I would have asked what did the club representative had for breakfast before announcing the club's decision to revert to the old name... 

Pumpernickel! 

Archived