talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Missing the Most?

football forum

So what are you missing the most about normal life? For me it's contact with people. I'm in a little flat by myself and I can't see my family or the dog. For me that is the hardest thing. 

A lot of the other stuff I can deal with although I do really want a big Mac :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can't say I am missing anything at this moment in time... Still going to work so everything seems fairly normal compared to what I would do any other week really.. 

What do you do?

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Work in the food industry mate.. see the reply I have just given Chris in the other thread... 

I always thought you were retired. There was always this joke about your age on here :D

• The title was changed to What Are You Missing the Most?
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Be a long while before I retire mate.... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Be a long while before I retire mate.... 

I did read about a 100 year old delivery driver xD

• Administrator

Football (playing and/or watching)

Freedom of movement. Just being able to go out on a whim. 

It's a very eerie time. Can't even go out on visits for work which is understandable as I'm in a very customer-centric, front-line role. Despite working from home we, as a team, would usually meet up for coffees/lunch for our team catch-ups but now that's restricted to video calls on Microsoft Teams. For our kind of role it's a very different way of working we're still trying to adapt to.  

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

My local thriving cafe where everyone knew everyone, and we would go there for a family breakfast every Saturday.

Yeah I love to treat myself to a full English every so often. Missing that. 

Alone time since my daughter's daycare isn't open at the moment. 

Sports - although I have been much more productive with my free time. 

Sex. I'm not sure if this is due to my current situation or Covid, hell, maybe it's both, but I'll put the blame on this virus as I would love to just go out a woman who just wanted one night of crazy, passionate, sex. 

I can’t believe I actually miss my office.

I miss going places. I miss not having to be 2 meters apart when I line up to enter a store. I miss toilet paper that isn’t like sandpaper on my arsehole.

I miss so many things.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Travel & sex.

Same here. I’m looking at doing a lot of things once the pandemic ends like going to the Yukon or adopting a dog, but it’s a bit bothersome not knowing when this whole thing ends nor how it will affect travel agencies and airlines.

Also missing sex but it’s not been too long since I’ve last had it so I could wait it out for longer xD

I'm missing being able to rock up at Tesco, go in, get my shit and get out without losing my rag at inconsiderate cunts pushing the panic button and giving us all a bad name. 

I hope your eggs are rotten, your fingers go through the toilet roll AFTER a shit, and your bread goes mouldy as fuck a day after opening.

And it would be bloody lovely if your tin of baked beans had scrap metal mixed in with them too.

Have a nice day.

Missing being able to play football. Moved back to Perth...to play again! 

Missing the freedom of going anywhere but we are not in lockdown...however bars and restaurants are closed.

I can’t even do my job properly at the moment so I miss that. 

At home today, resting up. Good that I am because I’ve had to turn my water off at the mains as last night my shower wouldn’t stop. I ain’t no plumber.

Talking walks along the Rhine river, being able to freely stroll in Düsseldorf's city center.

Going to the football. It's my first season as a season ticket holder and now this happens. :(  Just watching footy in general. 

Going into the grocery store without thinking a week or so ahead.

Going to the pub and play some darts with people I like. 

Archived