The better place to talk football.

What Are You Missing the Most?

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 25/03/2020 at 13:25, Gunnersauraus said:

I was gonna have a Shag with a girl I know then they locked the country down ☹️ 

I'm gonna use this excuse as well now good idea

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm gonna use this excuse as well now good idea

Ha ha it is actually true mate. Although her mum has got ill so probably was a good job anyway.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ha ha it is actually true mate. Although her mum has got ill so probably was a good job anyway.

You were going to go for the mum as well?! You dog. 

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

You were going to go for the mum as well?! You dog. 

Don't all men have the mum, daughter fantasy :what:

Miss some sort of routine. Knowing I dont have to get up at the crack of dawn for work has me getting up later than normal. Its not like I can go for a decent walk along the river near my home. That usually takes me a good 90 minutes, but I'm not gonna take the piss out the self isolation orders in place. Been trying to keep myself busy with other projects, but those are finite unlike going to work.

Miss my little niece coming round, been about 3 weeks now since I last saw her. I miss hanging out with my friends. Sure I have them on whatsapp and could facetime them but its not the same.

Knowing its going to be a while until I can go on a date with a girl ive been speaking to is frustrating as well.

I miss my usual Friday night routine of ordering a pizza and watching football. Then waking up on Saturday and watching football until going out in the evening. 

Also miss seeing the girl I've been going out with for a while. 

Doing exercise by either going outside to bike or going to the gym. I am confined to my exercise bike and weights inside.

Also watching football in the weekends. 

I also miss being able to open any site or turn on any channel without it being about corona 24/7.

• Subscriber
  • Miss taking time out over the weekends to meet the band and jam. We do it online but its really not the same
  • Miss walking around the neighbourhood on a Sunday morning to a breakfast place and just drink coffee and read notes/music before heading back home
  • Miss giving people a call and saying "Yep coming over in about 20" and then heading there to hang out

I think once this is all done we're going to either get better at inter-personal relationships or we're all going to be so sick of all this social media interaction that people are going to take holidays to places in solo mode (personal preference really but i know a lot of people who do this in groups)

On 27/03/2020 at 10:45, Gunnersauraus said:

Don't all men have the mum, daughter fantasy :what:

It's not all it's cracked up to be mate, Did it once but wouldn't do it again... My mum spent the whole time just moaning about the state of my room, a right turn off that was.... 

I am starting to miss the Café, go over there most mornings while at work but it's all shut now.. 

The weirdest thing has been not seeing my girlfriend. Her mum is vulnerable so we made the decision she should be with her during this and follow protocol there.

We facetime each day but it's definitely weird now, longest we have been apart in 4 years.

We had to celebrate our anniversary the other day with a facetime meal together. We cooked exactly the same dishes for starter, main and dessert and dressed up for it.

Not gonna lie, probably the saddest yet equally cutest thing we have possibly done together xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

The weirdest thing has been not seeing my girlfriend. Her mum is vulnerable so we made the decision she should be with her during this and follow protocol there.

We facetime each day but it's definitely weird now, longest we have been apart in 4 years.

We had to celebrate our anniversary the other day with a facetime meal together. We cooked exactly the same dishes for starter, main and dessert and dressed up for it.

Not gonna lie, probably the saddest yet equally cutest thing we have possibly done together xD

Feel your pain!

Having just got engaged I've only been able to see my fiance twice in 7 weeks! Video-calling has become the norm now and we've had to accept that fact we won't see each other again properly until 18-19th April. Shame it's not a week before as the lockdown finishes just after Easter. She has asthma (albeit not severe) so wanting to be extra careful about where she goes and minimising her being out and about. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Feel your pain!

Having just got engaged I've only been able to see my fiance twice in 7 weeks! Video-calling has become the norm now and we've had to accept that fact we won't see each other again properly until 18-19th April. Shame it's not a week before as the lockdown finishes just after Easter. She has asthma (albeit not severe) so wanting to be extra careful about where she goes and minimising her being out and about. 

Probably worse for you as your engaged. Definitely not ideal.

I think girls seem to struggle more than guys though. I have work to keep me distracted and have to go in so I think about it less, where as she is stewing a bit.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Probably worse for you as your engaged. Definitely not ideal.

I think girls seem to struggle more than guys though. I have work to keep me distracted and have to go in so I think about it less, where as she is stewing a bit.

We keep telling ourselves it is a temporary situation and positively thinking we will get some kind of freedom back so that we can see each other whenever that may be.

We were already looking at holidays for our 30th birthdays (both this year). I know New York is in absolute shite right now but saw flights around Xmas/New Year period are under £300 return. Tempting...

The longer this goes on the more I am beginning to miss just about everything. I'm working from home but since I am in a houseshare I essentially now live and work alone in a bedroom. To say I'm going spare doesn't cover half of it. Looking forward to my state-endorsed walk later tonight like it's fucking Christmas. I just miss being out and about - all the usual but even just a change of scenery or something, even when I go out it's just a walk around the housing estates nearby. Getting plenty of work and reading and other catching up done but my god the mental element is getting worse as it goes on. 

• Subscriber

Have been watching Race Across the World today and it honestly almost made me tear up xD I swear to god I will be booking a shitload of trips once this is over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Missing being able to go out and get what I need to kick start some projects in the garden and around the house.... getting a bit frustrating now

Was looking forward to Garden Project MK II :( 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still hoping it won't be too late in the year to get some stuff done but we shall see... 

Good to hear.

Any internal projects or is it only green fingers?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Good to hear.

Any internal projects or is it only green fingers?

Nope, Got my daughters bedroom to get finished but again need to get some timber in for the bed/built in cupboards she wants... and we have some redecorating around the house to do, nothing major there just a revamp, carpets, stairs and the like... The little pond outside needs doing which is the one I would really like to get finished if I can.. 

Archived